Just say no to Lebron and the NBA.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
He thinks he is the King. If you believe that then bow to his greatness. The league is over anyway. You may as well ship the trophy to Golden State now and save everyone the ticket costs. B-O-R-I-N-G

NBA = No Basketball Attendance.
:finger3::finger3::finger3::finger3::finger3::finger3:

I give up watching the NBA years ago....super star favoritism, rule changes, and way, way too many time outs.

Best athletes on the planet? Hardly. Its a specialized sport and the rules are fashioned to showcase the players.

Wouldn't it be something that playing defense by the so-called super stars was as important as scoring.

I recognize the athletic ability of NBA players and Lebron in particular. It's just too bad the owners let the league be ruined by the top superstars. Lebron has a long history of turning the spotlight on himself. His latest attacks on President Trump were totally out of line. He should look at how Michael Jordan conducted himself throughout his career.

I recognize the athletic ability of NBA players and Lebron in particular. It's just too bad the owners let the league be ruined by the top superstars. Lebron has a long history of turning the spotlight on himself. His latest attacks on President Trump were totally out of line. He should look at how Michael Jordan conducted himself throughout his career.
Mike was afraid to rock the boat. Borderline uncle tommish. Great player but thats about it. I have way more respect for Lebron as a man and NBA legend because he doesnt care what you lice magnets thinks he should do. He does what he believes is right.

Its great being a NBA fan. Best athletes on the planet.

How are they the best athletes on the planet?

How does gun running the Marathon in 2 hours 3 minutes come below playing basketball? How does being the best soccer player among all the soccer players in the world make you less of an athlete than a basketball player where there are only 18 different countries with more than 10 players in the NBA?

How does gun running the Marathon in 2 hours 3 minutes come below playing basketball? How does being the best soccer player among all the soccer players in the world make you less of an athlete than a basketball player where there are only 18 different countries with more than 10 players in the NBA?
Running a marathon is not in any way close to playing a basketball. All youre doing is running. I ran long distance/marathons and played basketball and I can tell you its not even close when youre speaking about athleticism. Running is more about stamina than anything else. Now soccer is another story but I still say basketball edges soccer out. as it involves all aspects of the body. Typically if you can play basketball you can play any sport.

Running a marathon is not in any way close to playing a basketball. All youre doing is running. I ran long distance/marathons and played basketball and I can tell you its not even close when youre speaking about athleticism. Running is more about stamina than anything else. Now soccer is another story but I still say basketball edges soccer out. as it involves all aspects of the body. Typically if you can play basketball you can play any sport.

Well balance is often what makes a sports person much better than others, both in basketball and soccer, motor racing and plenty of other things. One thing that makes soccer different to basketball is that soccer is played on grass. Now, having never been a professional playing on a great surface, I can tell you that playing on what amounts to a quagmire makes placing your feet almost impossible and you need all the balance you've got. Basketball is played on a level and hard surface, much easier.

Well balance is often what makes a sports person much better than others, both in basketball and soccer, motor racing and plenty of other things. One thing that makes soccer different to basketball is that soccer is played on grass. Now, having never been a professional playing on a great surface, I can tell you that playing on what amounts to a quagmire makes placing your feet almost impossible and you need all the balance you've got. Basketball is played on a level and hard surface, much easier.
Top level soccer is played on grass but its maintained. I've watched soccer and I have never seen anyone playing in a quagmire. Also that soft surface is way easier on the legs and knees than basketball courts. Also I dont see what difference the surface makes in athleticism? I guarantee you that you wont see a list like this for soccer players that could convert to basketball.

Top 5 NBA Players Who Could Have Played Soccer

Top level soccer is played on grass but its maintained. I've watched soccer and I have never seen anyone playing in a quagmire. Also that soft surface is way easier on the legs and knees than basketball courts. Also I dont see what difference the surface makes in athleticism? I guarantee you that you wont see a list like this for soccer players that could convert to basketball.

Yes, of course, but it can rain, it can be rock hard, it can change randomly.

I'm not saying that basketball doesn't take a high level of athletic ability, however I'm disputing that it's the most athletic simply because it's impossible to actually justify it. You can always come up with different sports with different requirements for athletic ability and you might not be wrong for lots of sports.

with all the timeouts (something like 30 a game) I guess they need those timeouts because they can't handle running up and down the court. Didn't players of old like Wilt Chamberlain average about 45 minutes a game....now day super stars last about 25 minutes or less.

List of career achievements by Wilt Chamberlain - Wikipedia.

Let me see any player who plays today accomplished what he did.

I'm not saying that basketball doesn't take a high level of athletic ability, however I'm disputing that it's the most athletic simply because it's impossible to actually justify it. You can always come up with different sports with different requirements for athletic ability and you might not be wrong for lots of sports.
I just did justify it. Basketball uses your entire body. Its the ultimate combination of balance, skill, dexterity, power, leaping ability, gracefulness, speed, and stamina. Soccer is a close second but it lacks the hand to eye coordination of basketball. Before you say foot to eye there is a rule in basketball against kicking the ball which most basketball players are extremely adept at.

with all the timeouts (something like 30 a game) I guess they need those timeouts because they can't handle running up and down the court. Didn't players of old like Wilt Chamberlain average about 45 minutes a game....now day super stars last about 25 minutes or less.

What basketball game have you ever watched that had 30 timeouts? They call timeout to discuss strategy or to stop a trend. Wilt was the ultimate athlete. He was a world class high jumper as well. With todays athletes in basketball you would be hard pressed to find someone that could average 45 minutes. That would take a freak athlete with unbelievable stamina.

I just did justify it. Basketball uses your entire body. Its the ultimate combination of balance, skill, dexterity, power, leaping ability, gracefulness, speed, and stamina. Soccer is a close second but it lacks the hand to eye coordination of basketball. Before you say foot to eye there is a rule in basketball against kicking the ball which most basketball players are extremely adept at.

Yes, you made your case for it and I'm not convinced, so....

So, soccer doesn't require hand to eye coordination, except for goalkeepers, but it required FOOT to eye coordination, which is much harder.

You want to see what some people can do with their feet.

What basketball game have you ever watched that had 30 timeouts? They call timeout to discuss strategy or to stop a trend. Wilt was the ultimate athlete. He was a world class high jumper as well. With todays athletes in basketball you would be hard pressed to find someone that could average 45 minutes. That would take a freak athlete with unbelievable stamina.

What? How often do you watch the NBA? Each team gets six timeouts per half...that's 24... there are at least four TV timeouts and mostly likely 2 or more time outs for reviews of plays. That in itself is 30. A time out is suppose to last 60 second but when they go to a commercial I will guarantee you they last a lot longer.

Now are you saying Chamberlain was the only basketball player who was in a league of his own? That is ridiculous....I wonder if Jordon, Johnson and/or James would agree with you.

Yes, you made your case for it and I'm not convinced, so....

So, soccer doesn't require hand to eye coordination, except for goalkeepers, but it required FOOT to eye coordination, which is much harder.

You want to see what some people can do with their feet.

I have disagree with you about soccer players... especially men games.....I dislike soccer because of all the phony injuries...to me a player get hit in the leg and you would swear he should be headed to the hospital for emergency and x-rays and extensive care and one minute later he is up and running like nothing happened. You don't see that kind of phoniness in women's games.

What? How often do you watch the NBA? Each team gets six timeouts per half...that's 24... there are at least four TV timeouts and mostly likely 2 or more time outs for reviews of plays. That in itself is 30. A time out is suppose to last 60 second but when they go to a commercial I will guarantee you they last a lot longer.

Now are you saying Chamberlain was the only basketball player who was in a league of his own? That is ridiculous....I wonder if Jordon, Johnson and/or James would agree with you.
No dummy. They get 6 for the entire game which would be 12 if they use all of them which they dont sometimes.Since we are talking about athleticism what do timeouts have to do with anything? Are you saying other sports dont have timeouts?

What other sport besides basketball did Jordan, James, or Johnson play at world class level? Lebron is probably the athlete closest to Wilt in terms of minutes played.

Forum List

Back