Just saw the Darkest Hour

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
For those who have not seen it, it is a must see.

So here we have a story about Winston Churchill, a conservative who had largely been ignored and dismissed as an "idiot" until England had been routed by Hitler in Europe with virtually no hope of winning the war. All of a sudden, they promote Churchill to over see the sinking ship by making him Prime Minister. But as he takes over, he is continually undermined by left wingers who want to make peace with Hitler. So here he is in the midst of a desperate war against the greatest evil in human history trying to regroup as best he can while being sabotaged at every turn into surrendering to Hitler at the best conditions possible. It was literally Winston against the world, not even FDR would help him.

Sound familiar anyone?

Naturally, after he took on Hitler and the entire European continent and prevailed, they once again kicked him to the curb to vote in more left wingers.

No it doesn’t sound familiar .

If you mean to compare him to trump , then who is Trump’s Hitler counterpart ?

So here we have a story about Winston Churchill, a conservative who had largely been ignored and dismissed as an "idiot" until England had been routed by Hitler in Europe with virtually no hope of winning the war. All of a sudden, they promote Churchill to over see the sinking ship by making him Prime Minister. But as he takes over, he is continually undermined by left wingers who want to make peace with Hitler. So here he is in the midst of a desperate war against the greatest evil in human history trying to regroup as best he can while being sabotaged at every turn into surrendering to Hitler at the best conditions possible. It was literally Winston against the world, not even FDR would help him.

Sound familiar anyone?

Naturally, after he took on Hitler and the entire European continent and prevailed, they once again kicked him to the curb to vote in more left wingers.
Sounds like a fake version of History.

Churchill inherited Chamberlain's massive war-build-up.

Churchill single handedly almost lost WW1 with his Gallipoli disaster.

Churchill was a meaningless figurehead throughout WW2 since the Prime Minister plays no part in war, and all the war powers are vested in the Royal person, that time, King George.

You know SO little about the UK.

The movie must be made for a US audience? Was it laughed out of Britain yet?

OH! don't forget, Churchill was such a great war leader! He was never elected (he simply took over from Chamberlain) and he lost the only election he had, DURING THE WAR! to a Labour party candidate as I recall?

If it celebrates the warmongering British Bulldog, I am not interested.

Sound familiar anyone?

Neville Chamberlain was a conservative, a member of, hang on, the Conservative Party in the UK.

I just saw a thread on Darkest Hour.

Facts about Churchill.

1) All the war powers are vested in the royal person, that time, King George. Not the Prime Minister, who plays almost no role as a commander-in-chief.

2) Only the King/Queen can make or end war for the UK.

Queen Vetoed Passing War Powers To Parliament, Whitehall Documents Reveal

3) Churchill inherited Chamberlain's amazing War-build-up.

4) Chamberlain hand-picked the top military commanders (confirmed by the King) for the British military throughout the war.

5) Chamberlain was alive during the Battle of Britain and therefore "won" that major battle.

6) Churchill almost single handedly lost WW1 in his Gallipoli disaster.

7) Churchill was such a "popular" wartime Prime Minister that he LOST the only election he had, DURING THE WAR.

Only American conservatives could believe in the bullshit that seems to be spewing from "the Darkest Hour".

Last edited:

Sound familiar anyone?

And then 70 years later, conservatives who praised Churchill turn to Nazi ideology to guide them

Well this thread didn’t go as planned .
Not sure if you're referring to how my thread ended-up merged into this one.

Or how this movie is blatant necrophilia sucking Churchill's dead cock....while the reality is Churchill was a drunken shit bag who took credit for something he took no part in.

Standing amidst rubble while bombs are falling saying "we will fight them in the air, on the sea on land..." is NOT heroism when he's too drunk to know what the fuck he's talking about. He was talking about Manchester United.

It was okay. I thought it was a hit job on Churchill and the Technologists sixth-grade ramblings aside, wasn't as historically accurate as it could have been.

Gary Oldman did a wonderful job though and its worthing watching just for that.

It was okay. I thought it was a hit job on Churchill and the Technologists sixth-grade ramblings aside, wasn't as historically accurate as it could have been.

Gary Oldman did a wonderful job though and its worthing watching just for that.
6th Grade?

You tell me how many people know that the Royal Person is the SOLE investment of the UK War Powers?

What the fuck does Fat-bloated-drunk Churchill have to do with war in the UK? That's like saying Paul Ryan is the most powerful warhero in the US.

Does anyone know who the House Speaker was during WW2? Quick!? Someone tell me because I need to thank them for winning WW2.

Bunch of shit.

i'm going to go see it when i get the chance , i like part American , part 'American injun' and part 'english' Winston Churchill . As well as WW2 he was a Great man especially his thinking and reasoning on 'muslims' .

Last edited:
i'm going to go see it when i get the chance , i like part American , part 'injun' and part 'english' Winston Churchill . As well as WW2 he was a Great man especially his thinking and reasoning on 'muslims' .
What the fuck? You don't know the first thing about him. He was a DISASTER of a military officer.

i'm going to go see it when i get the chance , i like part American , part 'injun' and part 'english' Winston Churchill . As well as WW2 he was a Great man especially his thinking and reasoning on 'muslims' .
I wouldn't pay to go see it, but when it comes out after the DVD. Overall, it isn't that bad a flick. Like I said, Gary Oldman's performance is pretty good.

so you are a 'brit' eh Techy ??
What the fuck? You don't know the first thing about him. He was a DISASTER of a military officer.
---------------------------------- I KNOW that he was as i described and icing on the cake is that he recognized 'muslims' for the savages that they are Techy .

Sound familiar anyone?

As I said in my review, an epic and accurate movie about an epic man.

Darkest_Hour__Large.jpg.jpeg

Spoiler warning: The Germans lost World War II.

First, a little background perspective on the reviewer. I will tell you I am a lover of history and I have long considered Churchill to be the greatest leader in modern times. I have long admired Dr. Larry Arnn, who was the official historian for the Churchill biography.

That said, I know how Hollywood treats history. Apollo 13, there was no yelling or bickering. Imitation Game, the only thing true in that movie was his name, the machine, and the fact he was a homosexual which had absolutely nothing to do with his work.

So I had a bit of dread about Darkest Hour. And I am very, very pleased with the movie. Dr. Larry Arnn had a hand in the movie, and he is happy with the finished product.

Like George Washington in 1776, Churchill was handed the job of defeating the worlds most powerful military with a ragtag group of misfits. The movie starts at the point of Neville Chamberlain's resignation and you follow the events of 1940 as Churchill deals with the entire British Army being surrounded at Dunkirk about to be wiped out and everyone knowing soon after the German invasion of Great Britain will begin. Europe is lost, and the US offers little help. 1940 was truly the darkest hour for Great Britain.

The move dovetails perfectly with the movie Dunkirk, almost as if they collaborated. In Dunkirk you see everything from the soldiers perspective. In Darkest Hour you see everything from the perspective of the PM.

The movie does a fantastic job of showing Churchill the man. His temper, humor, resolve, his love of drink and cigars, and leadership skills all are displayed. They were able to toss in a lot of tidbits about his life into the dialog - his defeats, as well as he was the only one warning of the menace growing in Germany. And of course with every great leader is a great wife, who they displayed well in the movie.

Two thumbs up for Darkest Hour.

I just saw a thread on Darkest Hour.

Facts about Churchill.

1) All the war powers are vested in the royal person, that time, King George. Not the Prime Minister, who plays almost no role as a commander-in-chief.

2) Only the King/Queen can make or end war for the UK.

Queen Vetoed Passing War Powers To Parliament, Whitehall Documents Reveal

3) Churchill inherited Chamberlain's amazing War-build-up.

4) Chamberlain hand-picked the top military commanders (confirmed by the King) for the British military throughout the war.

5) Chamberlain was alive during the Battle of Britain and therefore "won" that major battle.

6) Churchill almost single handedly lost WW1 in his Gallipoli disaster.

7) Churchill was such a "popular" wartime Prime Minister that he LOST the only election he had, DURING THE WAR.

Only American conservatives could believe in the bullshit that seems to be spewing from "the Darkest Hour".
As a person who basks in historical events, you have to be the dumbest poster here.

Forum List

Back