Just saw Lincoln. Amazing film.

I shall take that under advisement.
Have seen a few negative reviews.

See it just for the attention to detail.

The one thing I hate about historical films..is that they speak "modern".

Right down to the dialogue..this film nails the period.

John Williams did the score...as well.

Another huge plus.

There are a few cheesy parts in it that are obligatory in all Spielberg films. Lewis and field did remarkable jobs. I hope they win. I do love it how the fringe villifies Lincoln though.

“Lincoln,” a revealing drama that focuses on the 16th President’s tumultuous final months in office. In a nation divided by war and the strong winds of change, Lincoln pursues a course of action designed to end the war, unite the country and abolish slavery. With the moral courage and fierce determination to succeed, his choices during this critical moment will change the fate of generations to come.
I wonder if they told the truth or made the south out to be evil?
Never mind I know

“Lincoln,” a revealing drama that focuses on the 16th President’s tumultuous final months in office. In a nation divided by war and the strong winds of change, Lincoln pursues a course of action designed to end the war, unite the country and abolish slavery. With the moral courage and fierce determination to succeed, his choices during this critical moment will change the fate of generations to come.
Never mind I know

no, they were truthful

the south came across as whiny and stupid, but not evil

Never mind I know

no, they were truthful

the south came across as whiny and stupid, but not evil

very doubtful either way.

I shall take that under advisement.
Have seen a few negative reviews.

See it just for the attention to detail.

The one thing I hate about historical films..is that they speak "modern".

Right down to the dialogue..this film nails the period.

John Williams did the score...as well.

Another huge plus.

If this film nailed it as you said they would have used the exact words that would have been used at the time. Because words from the 19th century have a different meaning than they do today.

If the Libs like this film it's probably because in it
Lincoln blames Bush a few times... :D

They just like the idea of sending in the troops when other states wish to have their freedom and then promptly kill over half Americans in the process.

There are a few cheesy parts in it that are obligatory in all Spielberg films. Lewis and field did remarkable jobs. I hope they win. I do love it how the fringe villifies Lincoln though.

The opening with the soldiers reciting the Gettysburgh address was kind of cheesy. I liked how they made Lincoln a politician and not a saint. Buying votes for patronage jobs and lying to Congress about the Southern peace talks

I was hoping the film would examine Lincoln's violation of the constitution and his dictatorial behavior.

When the country has a gun to its head....

Do you play by the rules? I say no.

Forum List

Back