just ranting $^&^*()(_*&^^%$!@%^*&(_!!!!!!!

I feel ya. Over the past 15 years my property taxes have risen 6 fold even as city & county service declines. That is a 12% year over year increase for the past 15 years on a depreciating asset. WTF??????? Inflation is only supposed to be 2.2% per year. They are taxing me to death through my houses. Soon all the rent I take in will go to just paying the taxes.

• Banned
I feel ya. Over the past 15 years my property taxes have risen 6 fold even as city & county service declines. That is a 12% year over year increase for the past 15 years on a depreciating asset. WTF??????? Inflation is only supposed to be 2.2% per year. They are taxing me to death through my houses. Soon all the rent I take in will go to just paying the taxes.

The way i see it.... renters should pay for all property taxes of the place they live. After all...the renters are usually the ones who vote for the taxes....they should bleed and pay too.

The way i see it.... renters should pay for all property taxes of the place they live. After all...the renters are usually the ones who vote for the taxes....they should bleed and pay too.

I have a couple friends that both have rentals that would love the hell otta that, and one of them is a democrat.

Two of lifes certainties.......taxes and death.
Take some solace is it the former as opposed to the latter; tho' we're only a handful of years away from being taxed to death.

It is actually the opposite. Low income renters actually get some of the property taxes I pay in, refunded back to them. On top of that, they are the ones who use the school system, police, fire, ambulance, roads & parks that my taxes pay for. I probably call the police once every 2 or 3 years. They call the police or ambulance every month or two. I have no kids in public school. They have 3 in the public school I pay for.

I have a couple friends that both have rentals that would love the hell otta that, and one of them is a democrat.

Buy your Republican friend's rental, firebomb the other.

Reslult: you get saddled with debt, the other gets laden with insurance compensation, FEMA grants, a visit from Sharpie, media attention, a seat with Leno, and... their very own USMB thread.

Forum List

Back