Just One Question - Jesus Said "For....."

So that we might learn charity.

Note, charity.... not wealth redistribution. Jesus said 'whatever you do unto the least of these, you do unto me'. Every time we help our fellow man, it teaches us about what is really important in life.
//

Yes. I do not believe in God or heaven or hell, however whatever else he may have been, jjesus was a great humanitarian the only got violent once while running the moneychangers from the temple. And for that the Jewish religious leaders got him crucified.

Jesus was either:

a. the Son of God
b. a liar

I believe He is A. What anyone else chooses to believe is entirely their business.

C. Insane/Delusional

☭proletarian☭;1948656 said:
Eve was a slut.
Lilith was a freak :eusa_drool:

What about those hussies from Nod?

OMG!!!

1_slideshow.jpg

-TSO

Mat 26:11 "For ye have the poor always with you; but me ye have not always."

Mar 14:7 "For ye have the poor with you always, and whensoever ye will ye may do them good: but me ye have not always."

Jhn 12:8 "For the poor always ye have with you; but me ye have not always."

Three out of four Gospels, all red letter statements. If He's real, Jesus must have uttered those words...

A one word query.....

Why?

Why must this planet always have misery?

Why will the poor always be with us? Because of 2 things, luck and greed. Luck brings you fortune, but it doesn't always stay with you. Go to Vegas, and you'll find that out the hard way.

Why else will there be poor? Simple..........trickle down economics doesn't work, as those towards the top are busy getting all the cash they can before letting it down to the next level. You also see the same kind of thing when ranchers and farmers end up having water wars.

Basically? It's a refusal to share, unless you feel like they "deserve" it. You know, lots of people do that with street people. They would LIKE to give them a sandwich and some coffee, but their perception of the street person (or anyone else for that matter), gets in the way, and they will refuse to give anything, as they don't want to be funding the other person's bad habits.

Me? If I decide to give (meaning I have enough to share), I do so freely, and with zero thought on what they're going to do with it. So what if they buy beer or drugs, isn't there life enough of a hell?

You can also see the same behavior (greed) in the form of Wall St., AIG and the insurance companies (btw, Geithner is getting his ass grilled and handed back to him right now), as well as with all the politicians and idiots like Limp Idiot.

Matter of fact, isn't greed one of the 7 Deadly Sins? Why would ANYONE say that greed is good? It's not, it creates poor people.

That is why they will always be with us, but Yeshua not so much. Remember, He IS the Son of God, and His territory is a bit bigger than just this solar system or galaxy.

I mean, if your Father wanted you to follow in a global family owned business, wouldn't you want to go around to all the facilities to see what exactly is going on?\

Of course you would.

Sin.

But the story you're quoting has little to do with the poor directly. A woman poured expensive perfume onto Jesus' head and worked it into his hair. Why? This was the way the dead were prepared for burial. She understood that the cross was where Jesus was headed, but His disciples didn't understand. Only the woman understood that Jesus would not always be with the disciples.

Look at it in the context of these passages:

"He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God."
Proverbs 14:31

"I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me." Matthew 25:40

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27

Sin brings misery, but it is our job to help the needy.

I did take my OP a bit out of context, eh? :redface:

I'd still like to know why it seems like humanity seems to have something against helping each other out as a group when helping each other out as individuals seems so noble.

Not sure I get your last question. Isn't what is going on in Haiti an example of groups helping a group? And don't most people want to help, in some way?

Re your OP, I heard a pastor say once that an important theme in that passage is Judas's reaction to the woman's having anointed Jesus. Judas scolded her for wasting valuable perfume that he said could have been sold to help the poor. (Sound familiar?)

Jesus's reply was that she had done a beautiful thing, in that JC would not be corporeally among us forever, while the poor would be.

So why will there always be poor among us? Hard luck, I suppose. Laziness in some cases, and a willingness to be poor, a carelessness in not having been born well. Bad decisions. Addictions to whatever. Oh and being money-stupid. ("A fool and his money are lucky enough to get together in the first place.")

I can't recall which GOP politician said it, maybe Kemp or Gingrich, but one thing we can aim for is not to have the same poor always among us, meaning we can help lift from poverty those who have fallen into it.

Why is there goodness in the world?

Actually, I wasn't thinking of events like Haiti, Katrina or 2004 in the Indian Ocean. There is no doubt that We, The People are generous from both our private and public sectors when disaster strikes..... I wonder why We, The People don't seem to like the the idea of being taxed to provide ongoing food, cash and medical services to everyday poor folks right here in America.

I'd still like to know why it seems like humanity seems to have something against helping each other out as a group when helping each other out as individuals seems so noble.

Not sure I get your last question. Isn't what is going on in Haiti an example of groups helping a group? And don't most people want to help, in some way?

Re your OP, I heard a pastor say once that an important theme in that passage is Judas's reaction to the woman's having anointed Jesus. Judas scolded her for wasting valuable perfume that he said could have been sold to help the poor. (Sound familiar?)

Jesus's reply was that she had done a beautiful thing, in that JC would not be corporeally among us forever, while the poor would be.

So why will there always be poor among us? Hard luck, I suppose. Laziness in some cases, and a willingness to be poor, a carelessness in not having been born well. Bad decisions. Addictions to whatever. Oh and being money-stupid. ("A fool and his money are lucky enough to get together in the first place.")

I can't recall which GOP politician said it, maybe Kemp or Gingrich, but one thing we can aim for is not to have the same poor always among us, meaning we can help lift from poverty those who have fallen into it.

Actually, I wasn't thinking of events like Haiti, Katrina or 2004 in the Indian Ocean. There is no doubt that We, The People are generous from both our private and public sectors when disaster strikes..... I wonder why We, The People don't seem to like the the idea of being taxed to provide ongoing food, cash and medical services to everyday poor folks right here in America.

Oh. I understand now. I think most Americans would agree that providing for the general welfare is an acceptable use of tax money, and that charitable contributions should be encouraged by keeping them tax deductible. Most of the shouting is about curbing abuse and encouraging responsibility, so that it is not always the same poor among us.

Mar 14:7 "For ye have the poor with you always, and whensoever ye will ye may do them good: but me ye have not always."

Three out of four Gospels, all red letter statements. If He's real, Jesus must have uttered those words...

A one word query.....

Why?

The way we deal with suffering is one way to define who we are as humans. Personally, I find people who have never walked through the fire to be excruciatingly dull. Those who have overcome the hardships are incredible poeple. Those who have not overcome their hardships give us the chance to do for others and find meaning in our own lives.

I have had a lot of obstacles in my life. And I wouldn't change any of it.

Because we don't have proof of where the money is going, ot that it is even going toward anything positive. It may be going for abortions.

The people need to be providing the help that the people of the world need. The Government has other fish to fry.

A one word query.....

Why?

The way we deal with suffering is one way to define who we are as humans. Personally, I find people who have never walked through the fire to be excruciatingly dull. Those who have overcome the hardships are incredible poeple. Those who have not overcome their hardships give us the chance to do for others and find meaning in our own lives.

Then you're gonna hate me.

I consider myself one of the luckiest men on this planet at this time in history.​

The only fires I've been through are the ones I walked in to intentionally while wearing appropriate bunker gear.

I like my job and I love my wife. Life is good. Is that bad?

Last edited:

Because we don't have proof of where the money is going, ot that it is even going toward anything positive. It may be going for abortions.

The people need to be providing the help that the people of the world need. The Government has other fish to fry.

The Government or The People?

:wtf:

A one word query.....

Why?

I sure would have rather bypassed some of mine...

Yes it changes you, but not always for the better.
Sometimes it removes a bit of the color from your life.
Some memories I could do without...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back