Just more Microsoft arrogance, and reminding you they can do whatever they want.

.... opened up the wife's laptop and...what's this...."April 2018 update" ran.
The wallpaper we had was changed back to Microsoft's default wallpaper.
Microsoft Edge was reset as the default browser, and a Edge icon placed on the desktop as well as the quickstart bar on the bottom.
I also noticed that when I hit the "start" button, the Libre Office icon that was at the top was no longer there....the display now shows all apps in alphabetical order instead of by last usage. WTF? WHy would anyone want that?

At any rate.... thanks Microsoft for fucking with our computer and changing our settings to what you would rather us do.
After one of the many updates my system could not boot for 21 mins after startup. I had to get my unassemble software out and hack windows to reject the updates and report back to microsoft that they had been installed. That has been two month ago. Ever so often I try to get the updates to work but they don't Microsoft is driving us to start looking for a New Operating system.

I can suggest many. Win7 is OK, Disable updates.

My faves are CentOS, Fedora, Win7, Lubuntu, and XP.

I've been using the Microsoft Edge beta browser on my MacBook Pro for some time now.

I also loved Internet Explorer, everything was great until web developers came along and now everything's a wreck.

I'm thinking about reinstalling 7 on my Getac.
I've been using the Microsoft Edge beta browser on my MacBook Pro for some time now.

I also loved Internet Explorer, everything was great until web developers came along and now everything's a wreck.

:itsok:
wht's that emoji supposed to men, Marion? See, that's something else, emojis. lolol. Then you have to guess what they mean.

How are you doing? I'm just cruising through.

I'm thinking about reinstalling 7 on my Getac.

:itsok:
wht's that emoji supposed to men, Marion? See, that's something else, emojis. lolol. Then you have to guess what they mean.

How are you doing? I'm just cruising through.

It's an "I feel sorry for you" emoji. Edge? Iexplorer? Barf!

I was running Linux when you were still a wee lad my son
Does Microsoft Word work on Linux?
How about Worlds of Warcraft.
without a microsoft emulator?

I believe Steam has WoW, and available for Linux....not sure.
Libre Office is what Linux has (among others, but it is what I use).... it will open any Word Document, Excel, Powerpoint etc.
Started using Libreoffice when I upgraded to Windows 10. Was forced to, my pirated version of word 2010 quit working.

I use whatever is on the computer provided for free with the computer. I can't afford to buy a $400 OS on top of my $1000 computer. Windows 10 was a free upgrade. Chrome is free, I use it. Everything I use is free or I wouldn't use it.
Considering the big three in Linux are free (as are 99.9% of all Linux distros).........

Just curious, what are the big 3?
Ubuntu, Mint and Fedora

Does Microsoft Word work on Linux?
How about Worlds of Warcraft.
without a microsoft emulator?

I believe Steam has WoW, and available for Linux....not sure.
Libre Office is what Linux has (among others, but it is what I use).... it will open any Word Document, Excel, Powerpoint etc.
Started using Libreoffice when I upgraded to Windows 10. Was forced to, my pirated version of word 2010 quit working.

I use whatever is on the computer provided for free with the computer. I can't afford to buy a $400 OS on top of my $1000 computer. Windows 10 was a free upgrade. Chrome is free, I use it. Everything I use is free or I wouldn't use it.
Considering the big three in Linux are free (as are 99.9% of all Linux distros).........

Just curious, what are the big 3?
Ubuntu, Mint and Fedora

I never figured Fedora was popular. :eek:
I would have thought Cinnamon or Red Hat Enterprise or something. I like Fedora.

I got started on Linux by a guy that likes CentOS and makes a living because he knows Linux. Problem? He can open up a terminal and fix it, no problem. He probably knows how about 90% of the backend of Linux works and how to manipulate it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back