Just lost another TV....

... to the US Men's National Soccer Team.

They get their first ever "comoetitive" lead at Azteca Stadium in Mexico City and then they proceed to blow it less than 20 minutes later.

That caused me to throw a cast iron paperweight through the screen of a 32" flatscreen tv. Sparks. Blown fuse. Almost needed the fire extinguisher.

Hopefully the US team's charter flight back home falls out of the sky.

P.S. - for those wondering why there was that nice of a tv was doing in my house (after previous discussions)... my wjfe won it in a raffle.

If you get that wound up over soccer -- I can't imagine how tablets and monitors you've destroyed posting on USMB.. :eusa_dance:

If you get that wound up over soccer -- I can't imagine how tablets and monitors you've destroyed posting on USMB.. :eusa_dance:

Soccer, baseball, football, hockey, etc....

I dont iwn a tablet and I need my phone (where I usually view USMB), and it's expensive, so that's pretty safe.

Are you American? What American that's not Cuban or Brazilian gets into soccer?

Born and raised American. Been outside the US twice in my childhood (Canada for less than 36 hours total). I'm of Northern European descent. I grew up in a town with a large Italian population where futball was very important and both my yoinger brothers played through the college level.

Soccer intrigues me due to.the mixture of tactics and physical requirements. If yoi know what you're watching, it's pretty interesting. The flopping has been somewhat reduced in recent years but could still use to be lessened.

Are you American? What American that's not Cuban or Brazilian gets into soccer?

Born and raised American. Been outside the US twice in my childhood (Canada for less than 36 hours total). I'm of Northern European descent. I grew up in a town with a large Italian population where futball was very important and both my yoinger brothers played through the college level.

Soccer intrigues me due to.the mixture of tactics and physical requirements. If yoi know what you're watching, it's pretty interesting. The flopping has been somewhat reduced in recent years but could still use to be lessened.
I understand that but it's still like watching chess tournaments.

... to the US Men's National Soccer Team.

They get their first ever "comoetitive" lead at Azteca Stadium in Mexico City and then they proceed to blow it less than 20 minutes later.

That caused me to throw a cast iron paperweight through the screen of a 32" flatscreen tv. Sparks. Blown fuse. Almost needed the fire extinguisher.

Hopefully the US team's charter flight back home falls out of the sky.

P.S. - for those wondering why there was that nice of a tv was doing in my house (after previous discussions)... my wjfe won it in a raffle.

Better that you beat your wife's TV than your wife!

FTR, a draw at the Azteca is a good result.

And Bradley's goal was spectacular, as good as you'll see anywhere.

FTR, a draw at the Azteca is a good result.

And Bradley's goal was spectacular, as good as you'll see anywhere.

I never saw the result until Monday morning.

Whjl I understNd tbe drzw is a good result for tbe US, I still believe they could have Won the game and put themselves in far better position in the table. After tomorrow night they'll likely be back jn rth place again.

Bradley's goal was gorgeous but the mediocre quality of the goal that was given up takes something away from the glitter.

No flat-screen will give you the wreckage of an old imploding picture tube....best bang for the buck outside of tannerite. :lol:

Forum List

Back