Just Joined Gun Owners Of America...

The media here reports that an assault rifle was used, a gun that can fire multiple rounds per second.

I don't know much about guns (obviously) I am just going by what the media has reported, and that is that an AR-15 style assault rifle was used...

THIS is why people who support gun ownership have issues with people who want to limit said rights more than they are now. There is a general lack of knowledge regarding the very items they are so afraid of.

The shooter used a semi-automatic rifle, that only looks like a fully automatic one. He had to pull the trigger each time a round went off.

There are several forms of ammunition load. Semi automatics take a round into the chamber "automatically" after each shot. A bolt action or lever action rifle requires a further action to "chamber" the round to it can be shot. A revolver uses a cylinder to place the round in line with the gun barrel, and can require another action to ready the shot, or not. (single action vs. double action). A pump action is similar to bolt/lever where a second action is required to chamber a round (pump).
What's your opinion on limiting the size of magazines to ten or twelve rounds?

Considering the ease of switching a magazine on a typical assault rifle, it doesnt make much of a difference. Maybe if an assailant was fighting armed responders it would allow them to take him out, but against frightened unarmed people, and considering the school shooter had handguns with him, a mag restriction doesnt really do much.

In fact, you want the idiots to use higher capacity mags, as they tend to have higher jam rates.

The media here reports that an assault rifle was used, a gun that can fire multiple rounds per second.

I don't know much about guns (obviously) I am just going by what the media has reported, and that is that an AR-15 style assault rifle was used...

THIS is why people who support gun ownership have issues with people who want to limit said rights more than they are now. There is a general lack of knowledge regarding the very items they are so afraid of.

The shooter used a semi-automatic rifle, that only looks like a fully automatic one. He had to pull the trigger each time a round went off.

There are several forms of ammunition load. Semi automatics take a round into the chamber "automatically" after each shot. A bolt action or lever action rifle requires a further action to "chamber" the round to it can be shot. A revolver uses a cylinder to place the round in line with the gun barrel, and can require another action to ready the shot, or not. (single action vs. double action). A pump action is similar to bolt/lever where a second action is required to chamber a round (pump).

So that only the criminals had large capacity magazines? Why would you want to help the bad guys?

Look, a magazine is nothing more than sheet metal and a spring. You cannot un-invent something. Anyone can make magazines, even if you ban springs. Not to mention the millions that are already out there. Again, this means only the bad guys have what you ban, leaving the rest of us at a disadvantage, not to mention just a little less free.

If someone, anyone, can show me how any ban will stop crazy motherfuckers and dumb criminal thugs from using firearms in the course of committing a crime, I'm all ears.

So that only the criminals had large capacity magazines? Why would you want to help the bad guys?

Look, a magazine is nothing more than sheet metal and a spring. You cannot un-invent something. Anyone can make magazines, even if you ban springs. Not to mention the millions that are already out there. Again, this means only the bad guys have what you ban, leaving the rest of us at a disadvantage, not to mention just a little less free.

If someone, anyone, can show me how any ban will stop crazy motherfuckers and dumb criminal thugs from using firearms in the course of committing a crime, I'm all ears.

lol... reminds me of this...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieuBkWHfCuc]You Are Correct It does not Compute. - YouTube[/ame]

So which part of this status quo do gunslingers find acceptable?

"An 11-year old boy in Utah brought a .22 pistol to school with him on Tuesday. His parents apparently gave it to him 'for protection' in the aftermath of the Newtown massacre. His teacher found out he had it after he put the gun to the head of a classmate at recess and threatened to kill her..."

"Between 2003 and 2010, 247,131 Americans died of gunshot wounds. Since 1982, there have been more than 60 mass shootings in America. In almost every case, the weapons used were obtained legally."

Shooting Is Business, and Business Is Good

Shooting is business and business is good?

contrary to what you might have been led to believe, the rifle he used required a trigger pull for each bullet... i.e., it was not an automatic weapon, aka "machine gun"...

btw, the pair of handguns he carried could have fired bullets just as fast as the rifle he used... i.e., he could have done just as much damage with the handguns if he had chosen to use them instead of the "assault rifle"...

the term "assault rifle" is often used by the media in an apparent attempt to sensationalize whatever they're talking about...

it's a scary-sounding term that was invented by the media to describe a "scary-looking" rifle that functionally is no different than any other rifle...

It's also been my experience that, when the talk turns to guns, the media exhibits an incredible amount of ignorance on the subject...

with the guy pulling the trigger over and over again without pausing, I'd expect his rate of fire would probably be about two rounds per second...

and, as I mentioned, the handguns he carried could fire just as fast as the rifle...

And you and the rest of the assholes that are playing semantics with the term are sealing your own coffins on this issue.

An assault rifle is a rifle designed solely to kill large numbers of people very rapidly. The AR-15 is a semi-automatic knockoff of the M-16. It can unload a 30 shot clip in under 10 seconds. Two second to pull the old clip out, and put another one in. It is a weapon of war, and that is how it was used at Sandy Hook.

Since there are millions of these abominations out there, and it would be foolish to launch a house to house search for them, I propose these laws;

1. You have to have the same license for an assault weopon as for a fully automatic weapon. If you are caught outside your home with one with no license, the gun is confiscated and destroyed, you go to jail, and have a felony count on your record.

If you sell or give one to someone that does not have a license, you both get felony counts.

2. If you store your guns irresponsibly, whatever type of gun, and someone takes it and commits a crime with it, you own that crime.

the term "assault rifle" is often used by the media in an apparent attempt to sensationalize whatever they're talking about...

it's a scary-sounding term that was invented by the media to describe a "scary-looking" rifle that functionally is no different than any other rifle...

It's also been my experience that, when the talk turns to guns, the media exhibits an incredible amount of ignorance on the subject...

with the guy pulling the trigger over and over again without pausing, I'd expect his rate of fire would probably be about two rounds per second...

and, as I mentioned, the handguns he carried could fire just as fast as the rifle...

And you and the rest of the assholes that are playing semantics with the term are sealing your own coffins on this issue.

An assault rifle is a rifle designed solely to kill large numbers of people very rapidly. The AR-15 is a semi-automatic knockoff of the M-16. It can unload a 30 shot clip in under 10 seconds. Two second to pull the old clip out, and put another one in. It is a weapon of war, and that is how it was used at Sandy Hook.

Since there are millions of these abominations out there, and it would be foolish to launch a house to house search for them, I propose these laws;

1. You have to have the same license for an assault weopon as for a fully automatic weapon. If you are caught outside your home with one with no license, the gun is confiscated and destroyed, you go to jail, and have a felony count on your record.

If you sell or give one to someone that does not have a license, you both get felony counts.

2. If you store your guns irresponsibly, whatever type of gun, and someone takes it and commits a crime with it, you own that crime.

You know nothing about guns so maybe you should learn a little more.

For one there is absolutely no difference between an AR 15 that shoots .223 rounds and any other semiautomatic rifle that shoots .223 rounds.

Both of these rifles are semi auto .223

semiautointro.jpg

The bottom rifle looks different but other than that the two are essentially the same.

If you want to limit magazine size then tell me what's the difference between on 10 10 round magazines, 5 20 round magazines and 1 100 round magazine.

let me help you out here

There is really no difference because a magazine can be changed out in less than 2 seconds with a little practice

So at least be honest and say it's not so called "assault" rifles that you want to ban but rather all semiautomatic rifles.

Last edited:

repeal the 2nd amendment first, as what you are doing is very very against it.

I find it comical you complain about semantics when the term "assualt weapon" is the pinacle of semantics. OOH BIG SCARY GUN!!!

I am not discussing semantics, I am discussing fact. What you are engaging is is hyperbole, exaggeration, and outright lying.

Wouldn't that require repealing the Military/Industrial Complex as well?

If the Second Amendment was written in an attempt to avoid maintaining standing armies, wouldn't federal control over the National Guard also require a rewrite?

Maybe it's past time for a Second Constitutional Convention?

For one there is absolutely no difference between an AR 15 that shoots .223 rounds and any other semiautomatic rifle that shoots .223 rounds.

semiautointro.jpg

The bottom rifle looks different but other than that the two are essentially the same.

If you want to limit magazine size then tell me what's the difference between on 10 10 round magazines, 5 20 round magazines and 1 100 round magazine.

let me help you out here

There is really no difference because a magazine can be changed out in less than 2 seconds with a little practice

So at least be honest and say it's not so called "assault" rifles that you want to ban but rather all semiautomatic rifles.

If you put a large capacity magazine in any semi-automatic weopon, it is an assault weapon. In most states, laws restrict to five the number of shell in a magazine for hunting, so your Browning becomes an assault rifle the minute you put the large clip in it. Because there is only one thing that the large clip is legal for shooting. That is your fellow human beings.

When you have that large magazine in the gun, and no license for a fully automatic weopon, then the gun should be confiscated, you should go to jail, and have a felony count on your record.

That is reasonable laws. Keep up the obfuscation and obstruction, and the laws will ban semi-automatics, period. Of any kind.

I find it comical you complain about semantics when the term "assualt weapon" is the pinacle of semantics. OOH BIG SCARY GUN!!!

I am not discussing semantics, I am discussing fact. What you are engaging is is hyperbole, exaggeration, and outright lying.

20 dead children states who is the liar here.

And assholes like you are accountable for that atrocity.

20 dead children states who is the liar here.

And assholes like you are accountable for that atrocity.

Bullshit. The only one accountable is the shooter. If you want to hold me accountable, why not hold the accountable the idiots who came up with the concept of an unsecured gun free zone?

How many guns are required to secure a gun free zone?

Not sure of the exact number, but it is more than zero.
Are you counting the number of on-duty law enforcement officers patrolling the area or should we arm school nurses, as well?

If youn declare a gun free zone and law enforcement is a set time away, you should provide a secure permiter and armed guards. Once you disarm a person to enter your area, you should be responsible for thier protection. Remember the police are not around to protect individuals, but an area in general.

A controlled area needs to be controlled, and a gun free zone should be a controlled area.

semiautointro.jpg

let me help you out here

If you put a large capacity magazine in any semi-automatic weopon, it is an assault weapon. In most states, laws restrict to five the number of shell in a magazine for hunting, so your Browning becomes an assault rifle the minute you put the large clip in it. Because there is only one thing that the large clip is legal for shooting. That is your fellow human beings.

When you have that large magazine in the gun, and no license for a fully automatic weopon, then the gun should be confiscated, you should go to jail, and have a felony count on your record.

That is reasonable laws. Keep up the obfuscation and obstruction, and the laws will ban semi-automatics, period. Of any kind.

Do you even know the difference between a semi and a full auto?

And as far as magazine size goes you have yet to tell me what the difference is between 10 10 round magazines, 5 20 round magazines and 1 1oo round magazines when in each case 100 rounds can be fired in approximately the same amount of time.

So again just be honest and say you want to ban all semi automatic rifles.

ah... I think I see part of the problem with your interpretation and understanding of things, OR...

you apparently have been laboring under the mistaken impression that a large-capacity magazine somehow instantly transforms a semi-automatic weapon into a fully-automatic weapon...

it doesn't... the semi-auto remains a semi-auto regardless of the magazine attached to it...

Last edited:
I have no issue with people having a gun to protect their homes. But you don't need a gun that fires a hundred rounds in a matter of seconds.
What is wrong with a gun that fires one bullet at a time?

Why do people who dont know dick about guns make comments about guns?

Here is a vid of one of my weapoms............clearly not as scary as an AR-15!!!:D:D:D:D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2BvJzqeLp0]Shooting The Mossberg 930 SPX 12ga Shotgun - YouTube[/ame]

I have no issue with people having a gun to protect their homes. But you don't need a gun that fires a hundred rounds in a matter of seconds.

Why do people who dont know dick about guns make comments about guns?

Here is a vid of one of my weapoms............clearly not as scary as an AR-15!!!:D:D:D:D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2BvJzqeLp0]Shooting The Mossberg 930 SPX 12ga Shotgun - YouTube[/ame]

Noomi's lack of knowledge on the subject has been addressed...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...joined-gun-owners-of-america.html#post6520035

It is impossible to fire hundreds of rounds in seconds with a semi automatic firearm.

Forum List

Back