JUST IN: Tim Russert, DEAD!

I don't understand why celebrating the life of someone who accomplished so much could be a bad thing. He seemed like a truly decent person.

And I thought it was cool that he was a fellow bruce-o-phile.

Russert was my favorite moderator of those Sunday morning shows. I watched MTP because of him.

RIP.

The true measure of these media "journalists" is how much EACH SIDE dislikes them. If only one side hates the guy or gal, he/she isn't worth a damn. Hard Leftists and hard righties both hated him. Must have been pretty good. They both hate O'Rielly, too. But the left pretty much likes the rest of them...

And, this is important why?

I always feel sorry for the family for one who passes unexplainedly, but to make this some kind of national tragedy, give me a fucking break.

If you have a pulse or a brain you'd understand why the loss of this man is a national tragedy....

And, this is important why?

I always feel sorry for the family for one who passes unexplainedly, but to make this some kind of national tragedy, give me a fucking break.

you should read his books.....pity you didn't watch meet the press more....

When I was a Washington journalism intern I was sent to Capitol Hill to cover "Catholic Schools Week" activities. Tim Russert was there, warmly holding court with a group of school kids on the capitol steps. He was so friendly and so gracious -- the kind words about him, I think, are true. And, he always grilled everyone pretty well -- he was a Democrat but pretty level-headed.

Gosh, you might be human after all.

Hey, guys... I think we've developed a bad habit on the board...the side convos in the middle of threads are getting a bit epidemic. so maybe we can deal with the thread topics for the most part and try to keep the other stuff on their own threads or in pm's.

Not saying that threads don't offtrack and go into the personal, but it seems to be getting to be a bit much.

Thanks ;o)

Forum List

Back