Just how smart are people who live in California?

Perhaps you should re-read what I posted.

I said nothing about "all" of those firearms, nor did I make any claims of certainty.

But there's no reason to think that they don't. That's the whole idea of an anonymous, no-questions-asked gun buybacks.

You're the one that suggested it.

You were the one who suggested that you'd go to California and buy them for $500.

Gun buybacks aren't targeted at law-abiding gun owners - they're designed to get illegal guns off the streets.

Do you really want to buy some second-hand illegal weapons from gang members in LA?

Maybe you should read more than just the title the next time

“If I could get $100 of free groceries it’s worth it,” said Charles Edwards, 60, waiting in line next to his old .22 revolver after driving to Los Angeles from Fontana. “I wouldn’t do it for $40. That’s why people are here. They feel bad about all that’s happening, but times are tough.”
and here's another

Valerie Butler said, explaining why she was waiting in line two hours in South Los Angeles to get rid of an old handgun.

Yet Butler, 50, said she was not getting rid of both of her guns.

“Just one,” she said, and laughed. “There’s a bunch of nuts out here, and they’re coming in when you’re sleeping. You got to protect yourself.”
She's a fruitcake and shouldn't have a firearm anyway.

back 15-25 years ago when California's economy carried your pathetic States asses i notice no one was bad mouthing the State.....now things are down and its different..... and all you fuckers heard about how great it was out here and moved here in droves and fucked this State up.....those people were Liberals like Dean,LaKota,Truth,Dudley,Chris and Franco.....now do you know why this State has gone down the shitter?.....

do you know why this State has gone down the shitter?.....

governor-arnold-schwarzenegger.jpg

Times are tough. Perhaps some people need $200 dollars worth of food more than they need a $1,000 rifle. Desperate people take what they can get.

They turn in a 1000.00 rifle for a 200.00 gift card.
OH my fucking head hurts. I am sorry to all those Republicans here that live in that state but these people are fucking idiots, bat shit crazy

Turnout for Los Angeles' gun buyback program was so strong that officials struggled to have enough gift cards to give in exchange for weapons.

By the afternoon, the event had already surpassed 1,673 guns collected last year, and officials were scrambling to get more gift cards, which were donated by Ralphs.

The final number of guns turned in will be announced Thursday.

Thousands of people converged on the Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena and a site in Van Nuys.

Cars queued up for blocks at the drive-through events, with the city giving up to $100 for handguns, shotguns and rifles, and up to $200 for assault weapons. There was a bit of haggling involved, but no questions asked.
L.A. gun buyback runs short of gift cards - latimes.com

I went to boot camp at NTC San Diego; there I experienced my first look at Texans. I could not believe how stupid and bigoted this simple was. I, however, did not make a broad judgment of all Texans as you have of all Californians. Your posts have reinforced my first impression of Texans 45 years ago.

You were the one who suggested that you'd go to California and buy them for $500.

Gun buybacks aren't targeted at law-abiding gun owners - they're designed to get illegal guns off the streets.

Do you really want to buy some second-hand illegal weapons from gang members in LA?

“If I could get $100 of free groceries it’s worth it,” said Charles Edwards, 60, waiting in line next to his old .22 revolver after driving to Los Angeles from Fontana. “I wouldn’t do it for $40. That’s why people are here. They feel bad about all that’s happening, but times are tough.”
and here's another

Valerie Butler said, explaining why she was waiting in line two hours in South Los Angeles to get rid of an old handgun.

“Just one,” she said, and laughed. “There’s a bunch of nuts out here, and they’re coming in when you’re sleeping. You got to protect yourself.”

The plural of "anecdote" is not "data".*

* I stole this line from someone, I don't remember who.

it was happening before Arnold......Pete Wilson left this State with a 14 Billion dollar surplus.....Gray Davis took over......and got destroyed.....Arnold became a Pussy to the Legislature the first month in office.....one of the biggest reasons is the Legislature of this State.....there is a reason California is called the "Ungovernable" State....

California: The ungovernable state | The Economist
How California Became Ungovernable « Calbuzz
U.S. Supreme Court to California: You
The Economist: California is 'ungovernable' - latimes.com

I recall the right wings hype about Ahnuld. The terminator was going to straighten out CA and we should make him president!
Hopey Changey to the max.

Yeah, I can see it. Someone was gifted or inherited a weapon with no purpose other than to kill as many people as possible, and deciding that they don't want it in their home and don't want to sell it to some right wing loon.

or even worse since this is California in liberal heartland maybe they was afarid they would be the next shooter in a mass shooting like all leftwinger's.

Speaking of which, how smart is the OP? How drunk is this racist homophobic cocksucker right now?

Kalifornians are idiots but that's a different topic. A $300 worth of groceries are of more use to me than a gun I used in a gangbanger robbery last year.

and here's another

Where are the $1,000 guns in those examples?

and here's another

Where are the $1,000 guns in those examples?
I was showing examples of those street gang members the doctor was telling us about.:doubt:

it was happening before Arnold......Pete Wilson left this State with a 14 Billion dollar surplus.....Gray Davis took over......and got destroyed.....Arnold became a Pussy to the Legislature the first month in office.....one of the biggest reasons is the Legislature of this State.....there is a reason California is called the "Ungovernable" State....

California: The ungovernable state | The Economist
How California Became Ungovernable « Calbuzz
U.S. Supreme Court to California: You
The Economist: California is 'ungovernable' - latimes.com

CA is in recovery now that Brown is back in the Governor's office.

The reason CA got so badly in debt has several causes: 1) prop 13; 2) outrageous numbers of prisoners serving mandatory sentences; 3) cuts to Parole; 4) cuts to probation; 5) the Federal Governments failure to reform and enforce border security; 5) cuts to local government (takeaways of tax revenue by the state. The same problem the nation is having because the Tea Party mentality existed here and has now infected the nation.

CA has now made it easier to raise taxes but still remains handcuffed by the GOP in the State who believe everything should be privatized and we should all be tax free and enjoy free breakfasts, lunches, dinners, pot hole free roads and be sure that rusty bridges will never fail.

They turn in a 1000.00 rifle for a 200.00 gift card.
OH my fucking head hurts. I am sorry to all those Republicans here that live in that state but these people are fucking idiots, bat shit crazy

Turnout for Los Angeles' gun buyback program was so strong that officials struggled to have enough gift cards to give in exchange for weapons.

By the afternoon, the event had already surpassed 1,673 guns collected last year, and officials were scrambling to get more gift cards, which were donated by Ralphs.

The final number of guns turned in will be announced Thursday.

Thousands of people converged on the Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena and a site in Van Nuys.

Cars queued up for blocks at the drive-through events, with the city giving up to $100 for handguns, shotguns and rifles, and up to $200 for assault weapons. There was a bit of haggling involved, but no questions asked.
L.A. gun buyback runs short of gift cards - latimes.com

many of these people dont want uncle Freds guns now that uncle Fred is dead.

They dont even know where he got it.

Forum List

Back