Just How Sick Can Homophobes Get?

Our free society requires us to be tolerant. We even have to tolerate those who hate, unfortunately. What we can do is thwart their attempts to legislate their hatred.

sagegirl said:
Our free society requires us to be tolerant. We even have to tolerate those who hate, unfortunately. What we can do is thwart their attempts to legislate their hatred.

Why do I have to tolerate everything and anything someone wants to do in public? Where is that written?

If someone wants to be homosexual and keep it a private matter between consenting adults, then that is none of my business and does not concern me. However, when homosexuals come out in public and start making demands, then I am not required to accept or tolerate their behavior and have every right to say so.

Too often libs confuse a preference with a "right". It's high time they were made aware of the difference.

White knight said:
Actually the United States is the only modern nation that does not provide health care for its citizens, no system is perfect, but people here can die from not having health coverage. I admit I don't want to pay to treat a overweight slob who smokes and can't put down the Big Mac's.
I do admire the carefree lifestyle.

In the US hospitals cannot turn people away because of inability to pay, it's against the law. Many hosp. are non-profit and write off bills for tax perposes.

As far as insurance in other countries, they have socialized medicine. Canadians pay 51% tax to the gov. to pay for social services and have to wait on average 9 months for a cardiac exam compaired to next day for the same exam in the US. In Finland, my mother-in-law (86) was taken to the hosp. 100 miles away for possible heart attack and when she was found to be okay she was given a bus pass and sent out the door in her PJ's.Finland is also socialized medicine.

Has anyone ever been to a VA hosp? Socialized medicine is great for young healthy people, but if you need care you WAIT FOR IT.(you dont even need a US medical license to work in a VA, often causing poor quality of care).

the cost of so called universal healthcare is quite high, I paid about 16%
of my paycheck into the German healthcare system and that was about
5 years ago. While Germany manages to run a system that has not the
problem of waiting for care that seems to trouble Canada, the influx
of money into the US system has provided more money for research
and the latest state of art procedures usually are practiced here first.

It comes all down to how much do you want to pay for the system and
if you want to subsidize poor people.

NATO AIR said:
hey we're real men us homophobes, let's rape a transvestite then slaughter it
http://www.gender.org/remember/people/brandon.html

Hahahaha. Thanks for the laugh bro. I was browsing the list of not-too-creative things to do people you hate when low and behold! I saw one of the best things in my life. You referred to a transvestite as 'it'. that rocks. I never really thought about what to classify them as. Did you have to debate this with yourself before putting 'it'? Awesome dude. Money baby, money.

Dehumanizing is a mental disorder. Such a severe lack of empathy (a detachtment from emotions)... and such a distortion of REALITY, is considered phsychopathic. That would be anti-semitism, prejiduce against homosexuals etc

Now, I don't think hate equals a fear necessarily i.e. homophobia, but that's another topic...

And of course, such a non-rational hate is not only phsychotic, it also shows anger management issues and possibly numerous other disfunctions...

A lot of what you hear about Canadian waiting times is... well... to support a private system's story. There are some private centres in Canada. Not everything medical is free either. If you want to speed the rare procedure that will make you wait a long time, you can pay for it in Canada, or if not, in the US. But if you can't afford 300K you wait I suppose.

However, most of the waiting problems are being found to be beurocratic, and also caused by the way the centres are organized. Many reports have come out recently... governments are planning to solve these problems... it's slow though... for example, one of the restructuring plans will give clinis more funding, but it is not understood by the clinics themselves, so they don't yet know concretely how to do so...lol

And we don't pay 51% in taxes. Everyone's tax is different... the higher incomes, say 150K might pay 51% (of course they can pay a lot less tax with RRSPs, business expenses, child benifits etc)...and it varies per province... Alberta has very low income tax due to all of the oil, but high health care premiums since they have little/no income tax... as well, people who make 7K and under pay no income tax etc

ultimately a public system is cheaper because you are not paying into the profits of insurance companies and health centres, adding up to billions...

drugs are also cheaper here because the gov't pays for them and so regulates their price...essentially limiting the profit that can be made from drugs...also mitigating the cost is the fact that the gov't buys them in bulk.

I agree with acludem that it shouldn't be up to the state to confer marriage. However I think that priviliges acquired as a result of marriage should be changed instead to accept those who live together for a certain number of years, and who raise families, regardless of wether any pope has given his blessing.

I find the argument that allowing gay marriage would destroy family values as a whole to be flawed.

I know a family that has been destroyed because the son is gay and the parents are homophobic. The parents divorced, the son was kicked out and slept at other people's houses for the last half of his senior year in high school.

I think accepting gay couples into the system of marriage, civil unions, whatever, will resolve many of the problems many anti-gay posters on this board gripe about, such as the cohesiveness of a gay union, and the std problems.

Merlin1047 said:
Why do I have to tolerate everything and anything someone wants to do in public? Where is that written?

If someone wants to be homosexual and keep it a private matter between consenting adults, then that is none of my business and does not concern me. However, when homosexuals come out in public and start making demands, then I am not required to accept or tolerate their behavior and have every right to say so.

Too often libs confuse a preference with a "right". It's high time they were made aware of the difference.

aaaamen!!! I agree

I don't care what people do in their bedrooms. I don't like to see gay people ask for special treatment because of what they do in private.

Where did the term "homophobic" come from. phobic means: to be scared of something. People are not scared of homosexuals, some just disagree with the lifestyle and don't want it thrown in their faces every day.

Trigg said:
Where did the term "homophobic" come from. phobic means: to be scared of something. People are not scared of homosexuals, some just disagree with the lifestyle and don't want it thrown in their faces every day.

that's such a load of bs.... i know grown men who can benchpress 300-400 pounds who are scared to death of being in the same elevator or even room as a gay person. that's pathetic, but that's a whole other subject.

the majority of gays assaulted/killed in hate crimes were not the flamboyant types who flaunt their gay ways, they were people who were known by close friends and family to be gay, and had certain characteristics that made it pretty obvious to any person who observed them for a few minutes to know that they were gay.

i don't appreciate the flamboyant gay types. but they are a small minority.

NATO AIR said:
i know grown men who can benchpress 300-400 pounds who are scared to death of being in the same elevator or even room as a gay person.
Just curious, what exactly were they scared to death of?

UsaPride said:
Just curious, what exactly were they scared to death of?

never heard a good reason, guess it was like the people that used to be scared of blacks or other minorities, or other people different from them.

fear is an unreasonable thing for some people.

Forum List

Back