Just How Sick Can Homophobes Get?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by NATO AIR, Oct 24, 2004.

1. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    i would rather be queer or seen as a supporter of queers than be a homophobe or seen as one. i would rather love than hate.

pushing innocent kids to suicide is not above homophobes...
    http://www.youth-guard.org/gabi/Bills_Story.html

paramedics disgrace their profession, refuse to treat dying transvestite
    http://www.gender.org/remember/people/tyrahunter.html

hey homophobes, bet it takes real men to take an innocent guy, slit his throat, bludgeon him with an ax and throw him on a pile of tires which you then set on fire. real brave and heroic defending "family values"
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/assault/

even better, let's go up in a bar and "waste some fags" (six innocent lives taken in all)
    http://rtonline1.roanoke.com/rt_specials/shooting/

hey we're real men us homophobes, let's rape a transvestite then slaughter it
    http://www.gender.org/remember/people/brandon.html

hey let's betray and murder someone we known for years just cause we want to kill a gay
    http://www.nyblade.com/2004/8-6/news/national/death.cfm

and if only i could post the memories and experiences of countless gay kids who get beaten up, abused and treated like shit by their peers, parents and supposed community leaders.

keep preaching the hate homophobes, you are ignorant, hateful and fine examples of what the hell is wrong with our world, just like anti-semites, racial supremacists or the genocide commiting militiamen in Darfur, Bosnia and other nations. your day is coming. you may claim that you don't incite violence, that you don't "hate", but your words reach the ears of millions, a few of whom are emotionally disturbed enough, stupid enough or mean enough to put words into murderous action. and you are responsible for inciting that hatred.

how many days in detention did i spend for beating up bullies who beat up gay kids (and other bullied kids in general) who didn't do anything wrong except exist? too many
    how many times have i watched people beat up idiots who had a problem with their gay friends/family members we respect and work with? too many
    how many times will loudmouth homophobes be allowed to spout their hatred without a serious cost/penalty? not much longer

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. wolvie20m

wolvie20m Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I agree as I heard once, Hate is like baggge it just drags you down. You don't have to agree to allow.

3. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    :rolleyes:

4. nakedemperor

nakedemperor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    Your post meant a lot to me NATO; I spent a few days in the hospital once after someone hit me in the head with a beer can thrown from a moving car on account of a LGBTA solidarity t-shirt I was wearing. Its a far too common occurence for gays to be the butt of discriminatory and prejudice acts. I'm not pro gay marriage; I'm pro civil unions with the same benefits as marriage, but marriage is a religious institution with religious connotations and if God says you can't lay with another man, then far be it from me to get married in his eyes. Your remarks are very refreshing!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    You are quite possibly the most reasonable pro-gay lobbyist I've ever met. Now, I'm against even civil unions unless they can apply to non-romantic couples who live together (two old friends retiring together or twins sharing an apartment for college) for reasons I'll not get into, but most people I've talked to who are pro-gay aren't at all flexible on the marriage thing. To them, it's all or bust.

6. acludem

acludem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I would actually eliminate all state marriage laws. Marriage is a religious ceremony and churches should decide who they will marry. I would replace marriage with civil unions for all couples, gay or straight, as a simple government recognition that a couple is accepting certain responsibilities in exchange for certain rights.

acludem

7. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,153
    Well we all know what side you choose

Thankfully most of the United States disagrees people like you.

8. KarlMarx

KarlMarx Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +490
    Of course, any kind of hatred is bad. Whether gay or straight, hatred and violence against others is not acceptable in a civilized society. There are those individuals who, whether it is because of their hatred of gays or because they are just violent people have hurt or killed gays. No conservative worth his or her salt can condone such behavior.

That having been said, the gay rights crowd has all too often used the label "homophobe" and screamed "homophobia" and "hatemonger" to silence those who disagree with their positions. The radical gays, of course, are the primary source of this type of behavior.

"Homophobia" is a political construct, it is not a mental disorder as defined by the American Psychiatric Association. If it is a mental disorder, then so is "Christophobia" i.e. hatred or fear of Christians, anti-semitism i.e. hatred of Jews, and racism - hatred of those who belong to a different race.

Some will say that hatred is a disease. I would say, no, it isn't. Hatred is part of human nature. But then, to quote Katherine Hepburn in "The African Queen" .. "human nature is something that we were put on this earth to rise above..."

9. MrMarbles

MrMarbles Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Why can't we all just get along?

10. White knight

White knight Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Because we have good books or ideologies that tell some people they are better then others, so this gives them moral justification to demonize and hurt them.
    There are other societies, mostly in Europe who are more tolerant of these types of things, but most people on this board do not like them, they are too bleeding heart ___________.