• Yes

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Only when I watch the news

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters
Do you really dislike Black people this much? this cannot be true.:doubt:

My very oldest friend is black. We have been best friends for 52 years. Through thick and thin. I'm too old to have "boyfriends" but a man that I socialize with quite frequently is a black civil rights lawyer. I have lived many times in all black neighborhoods. I grew up in Harlem in New York, Compton California from 1963 to 1967, Bellflower CA in the 70s and 80s. In the last ten years which is a remarkably short time in the great scheme of things, I have learned to be more judicious in my selection of friends. I have had the most innocuous of comments be construed as a racist attack. I don't like it. I do have to live with it. It's not that I dislike them, I don't dislike them. I simply don't have the same level of trust that I used to have. I don't make the same assumptions that I once made. I tend to avoid contact with black people wheras there was a time that I preferred the more easy going black culture. I am just far more careful than I once was, having been personallly burned more than a few times. If my tone of voice is going to have a racist meaning to someone and I don't know who that might be, I'm not going to automatically hail off a friendly greeting that is misinterpreted because there is some kind of benefit to taking offense.

I'm surprised you would feel that way if you have had Black friends going on 50 years.

It would benefit you to pay attention more particularly to knee jerk reactions by black people to the what is neutral or even legitimate.

Not at all. I love brown people. I hates niggaz ( but dey aint nun hea)
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3PJF0YE-x4]Chris Rock - Black People VS. Niggaz (Bring the Pain 1996) - YouTube[/ame]

New Topics

Forum List

Back