What would you say?

• Yes

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Only when I watch the news

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters
I do have a point to make. Willaim Joyce is the resident white racist on the board. He demands we separate the races and live in our own enclaves. His argument being that it is unnatural for the different races to live and associate together. All us white honkies remind him what a racist he is and yet we have two black people on this board now telling us THEY agree. They would rather stay amongst their "own".

Does that make you racist?

No offense to anyone on the board, but it's been my experience that most people do seek out their own kind. But, having grown up in Philly, my experience has also been that black people (again, no offense Bass) are more prejudiced that whites. Example: one of my favorite bars is frequented by an almost exclusively white crowd because it's in a predominately white neighborhood. However, when black people come in, no one bothers them. I honestly believe that if I went into a predominately black bar in a black neighborhood, I wouldn't get very far before I'd get confronted (and it wouldn't be because I got junk in the trunk . . . for a white girl!!!).

You poor thing. :(

I know. I still question my decision making abilities because of this. I will be back in the North soon enough though. I will be doing law school back in a normal part of America next year. At least it has been an interesting experience down here. It is just time for it to come to an end...and soon.

Well, it's pretty clear that racial issues loom large in some of our heads, and really isn't so important to others of us

It is equally obvious to me that class manifests divisions in our lives far more than race does.

Why?

Because it really doesn't matter what we think about the class divide, our economic circumstances dictate which class we are in, the lifestyles we will choose and so forth.

I may have absolutely nothing against multibillionaires, and they may have absolutely nothing against me.

STILL...

The likelihood that we will become friends, that our children will go to the same schools, that our families will bump into one another on vacation, that I'm likely to drop over for coffee, or to borrow a cup of sugar from the local billionaire in my neighborhood is basically ZERO.

However, in my neighborhood, which is greater America that the elitist lefties think is so backwars, I have borrowed a cup of sugar and have had regular interaction with millionaires (not billionaires, it's true) because their homes are interspersed amongst the little people. We don't segregate our poor in the same manner that enlightened city dwellers do. Everyone is all mixed up together. We all go to the same stores, we pass each other on the roads, our kids go to school together.

But what do we know, we're just ignorant, gun hugging, Bible thumping hicks.

No one is better then someone else because of the color of their skin. Until everyone realizes that, the vicious cycle of racism is bound to continue.

But race isn't just "skin color." That's like saying the only difference between Guatemala and Switzerland is the shape of the border.

Race is an entire set of common DNA. Races are basically extended biological families. They share traits, and are naturally suspicous of non-family members. This makes it impossible for them to be "made equal" by government force, and difficult for them all to live together in one society. There's nothing immoral or unnatural about races clustering (they did so for the thousands upon thousands of years it took them to evolve their specialized group traits). Imagine declaring a lion's pride to be "racist" because it excluded giraffes!

'Racism' is nothing more than the natural regard races have for each other, an evolutionary phenomenon. We can't "get over" race differences any more than we can "get over" sex differences and pretend that "we're all one sex, the human sex."

Last edited:
I would have to say NO,as I get along with all races. We have a melting pot of people in our town. We also have a great police force. We made mistakes as all people do,but we are surely getting rid of those mistakes. The majority of the people living in our town are retired on SS and medicare as we have worked all our lives. We have crazy teenagers too.
But they will soon get un crazy,cause they will find out we wont stand for their stupid acts.
When they get their azz kicked enough they will turn their lives around and live right.

It certainly plays a part in my everyday life. It used to play a bigger part when I lived in a more diverse area but if there is one single black person yes it is going to play a part in my every day life as I have to become more creative at avoiding contact with them. Anything can be a racist attack. Say hello and they could find your tone of voice a racist slur.

It certainly plays a part in my everyday life. It used to play a bigger part when I lived in a more diverse area but if there is one single black person yes it is going to play a part in my every day life as I have to become more creative at avoiding contact with them. Anything can be a racist attack. Say hello and they could find your tone of voice a racist slur.

Do you really dislike Black people this much? this cannot be true.:doubt:

Yes race does play a part in the Bass' everyday life, from driving his expensive car in front of jealous white police, shopping in stores and getting followed around, people thinking the Bass is a "thug" because he sometimes has his Afro braided down into cornrows, race plays a part. The Bass OTOH could cares less about how white people look and what car they drive and their hair style, the Bass does not prejudge people based on silly nonsense like that.

Do you really refer to yourself in the third party? Wow...and here I thought only idiot atheletes did that. "The Bass"? Seriously? Too funny...

Well to most people it looks like you have issues. But if it makes you happy, don't let us stop you.

The words that the Bass says, not his method of saying them is what counts and the Bass says the US is very racially divided, but because many people interpret racism as something thats overt they forget about covert racism, that racism and racist thoughts that exist beneath the surface.

Ah, yes. But the only provable aspect is the overt racism. Covert thoughts are not provable and therefore cannot be prosecuted, at least at this point in time. Racists are always searching for a way to make thoughts a crime, though.

I work in an industry that features jobs unwanted by "white" or "black" people (Americans). Although the pay is reasonable for the work performed, it just doesn't seem to attract the average American joe, or jane. We offer great entry-level opportunities. At work, we have a very diverse cultural community including mostly: Natives, Phillipinos, Samoans, Koreans, Chinese, and a few Russians thrown in for "color". (Blacks and whites work mostly in the licensed technical fields.) Granted, our company boasts of its affirmative action programs and has a specific mandate to recruit and hire Natives first (it's a Native Corporation). Although everyone works well enough together, you do notice that they tend to "hang out" with others of the same cultural background. Particularly when language is an issue (Koreans, Chinese), you can clearly observe a tendency to "clique".
So, race/ethnicity/culture plays a necessary role in my daily life. It is unavoidable with such a diverse assemblage. It is how you deal with others different than yourself that matters.

I work in an industry that features jobs unwanted by "white" or "black" people (Americans). Although the pay is reasonable for the work performed, it just doesn't seem to attract the average American joe, or jane. We offer great entry-level opportunities. At work, we have a very diverse cultural community including mostly: Natives, Phillipinos, Samoans, Koreans, Chinese, and a few Russians thrown in for "color". (Blacks and whites work mostly in the licensed technical fields.) Granted, our company boasts of its affirmative action programs and has a specific mandate to recruit and hire Natives first (it's a Native Corporation). Although everyone works well enough together, you do notice that they tend to "hang out" with others of the same cultural background. Particularly when language is an issue (Koreans, Chinese), you can clearly observe a tendency to "clique".
So, race/ethnicity/culture plays a necessary role in my daily life. It is unavoidable with such a diverse assemblage. It is how you deal with others different than yourself that matters.

This is true, people are more comfortable around others that look like them and sound like them but thats no excuse to be a pigshit racist like 52nd Street and William Joyce.

My very oldest friend is black. We have been best friends for 52 years. Through thick and thin. I'm too old to have "boyfriends" but a man that I socialize with quite frequently is a black civil rights lawyer. I have lived many times in all black neighborhoods. I grew up in Harlem in New York, Compton California from 1963 to 1967, Bellflower CA in the 70s and 80s. In the last ten years which is a remarkably short time in the great scheme of things, I have learned to be more judicious in my selection of friends. I have had the most innocuous of comments be construed as a racist attack. I don't like it. I do have to live with it. It's not that I dislike them, I don't dislike them. I simply don't have the same level of trust that I used to have. I don't make the same assumptions that I once made. I tend to avoid contact with black people wheras there was a time that I preferred the more easy going black culture. I am just far more careful than I once was, having been personallly burned more than a few times. If my tone of voice is going to have a racist meaning to someone and I don't know who that might be, I'm not going to automatically hail off a friendly greeting that is misinterpreted because there is some kind of benefit to taking offense.

My very oldest friend is black. We have been best friends for 52 years. Through thick and thin. I'm too old to have "boyfriends" but a man that I socialize with quite frequently is a black civil rights lawyer. I have lived many times in all black neighborhoods. I grew up in Harlem in New York, Compton California from 1963 to 1967, Bellflower CA in the 70s and 80s. In the last ten years which is a remarkably short time in the great scheme of things, I have learned to be more judicious in my selection of friends. I have had the most innocuous of comments be construed as a racist attack. I don't like it. I do have to live with it. It's not that I dislike them, I don't dislike them. I simply don't have the same level of trust that I used to have. I don't make the same assumptions that I once made. I tend to avoid contact with black people wheras there was a time that I preferred the more easy going black culture. I am just far more careful than I once was, having been personallly burned more than a few times. If my tone of voice is going to have a racist meaning to someone and I don't know who that might be, I'm not going to automatically hail off a friendly greeting that is misinterpreted because there is some kind of benefit to taking offense.

I'm surprised you would feel that way if you have had Black friends going on 50 years.

New Topics

Forum List

Back