• Yes

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Only when I watch the news

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters
Just the rat race.

Just when I thought I was getting ahead in the rat race, along came faster rats!

Yes, it does.I like to stick to my own kind. I stay amongst Black people, like me whenever I can.

Yes race does play a part in the Bass' everyday life, from driving his expensive car in front of jealous white police, shopping in stores and getting followed around, people thinking the Bass is a "thug" because he sometimes has his Afro braided down into cornrows, race plays a part. The Bass OTOH could cares less about how white people look and what car they drive and their hair style, the Bass does not prejudge people based on silly nonsense like that.

Yes race does play a part in the Bass' everyday life, from driving his expensive car in front of jealous white police, shopping in stores and getting followed around, people thinking the Bass is a "thug" because he sometimes has his Afro braided down into cornrows, race plays a part. The Bass OTOH could cares less about how white people look and what car they drive and their hair style, the Bass does not prejudge people based on silly nonsense like that.

But he does talk about himself in the third person.

I do have a point to make. Willaim Joyce is the resident white racist on the board. He demands we separate the races and live in our own enclaves. His argument being that it is unnatural for the different races to live and associate together. All us white honkies remind him what a racist he is and yet we have two black people on this board now telling us THEY agree. They would rather stay amongst their "own".

Does that make you racist?

Well to most people it looks like you have issues. But if it makes you happy, don't let us stop you.

The words that the Bass says, not his method of saying them is what counts and the Bass says the US is very racially divided, but because many people interpret racism as something thats overt they forget about covert racism, that racism and racist thoughts that exist beneath the surface.

I do have a point to make. Willaim Joyce is the resident white racist on the board. He demands we separate the races and live in our own enclaves. His argument being that it is unnatural for the different races to live and associate together. All us white honkies remind him what a racist he is and yet we have two black people on this board now telling us THEY agree. They would rather stay amongst their "own".

Does that make you racist?

The Bass never said he agrees with racial separatism, here in the town the Bass lives in deep in the heart of Mississippi in the Delta there are blacks and whites who have lived here for decades without any conflict, howbeit these are wealthy people here. The Bass says the country is racially divided but donesn't agree it should be that way.

Well, it's pretty clear that racial issues loom large in some of our heads, and really isn't so important to others of us

It is equally obvious to me that class manifests divisions in our lives far more than race does.

Why?

Because it really doesn't matter what we think about the class divide, our economic circumstances dictate which class we are in, the lifestyles we will choose and so forth.

I may have absolutely nothing against multibillionaires, and they may have absolutely nothing against me.

STILL...

The likelihood that we will become friends, that our children will go to the same schools, that our families will bump into one another on vacation, that I'm likely to drop over for coffee, or to borrow a cup of sugar from the local billionaire in my neighborhood is basically ZERO.

Last edited:
Well, it's pretty clear that racial issues loom large in some of our heads, and really isn't so important to others of us

It is equally obvious to me that class manifests divisions in our lives far more than race does.

Why?

Because it really doesn't matter what we think about the class divide, our economic circumstances dictate which class we are in, the lifestyles we will choose and so forth.

I may have absolutely nothing against multibillionaires, and they may have absolutely nothing against me.

STILL...

The likelihood that we will become friends, that our children will go to the same schools, that our families will bump into one another on vacation, that I'm likely to drop over for coffee, or to borrow a cup of sugar from the local billionaire in my neighborhood is basically ZERO.

Don't get the Bass twisted, class is class, but if you're rich you're just a rich ****** if you're black. To alot of whites a ****** is a ****** no matter his class, thats just the way it is. Economics doesn't protect one from racism and discrimination.

We are only racially divided if we choose to be. I do not, nor do I support any racial division. God made us all in His image regardless of race or nationality.

Don't get the Bass twisted, class is class, but if you're rich you're just a rich ****** if you're black. To alot of whites a ****** is a ****** no matter his class, thats just the way it is. Economics doesn't protect one from racism and discrimination.

Tell that to the Goldman family, Bass.

They might not have your clearly unbiased vision of the part class and money play on how one is treated in this society.

I bolded this part due to the fact that I believe that MOST of us feel this way. We really don't give a shit what others look like, I do have a problem with people who get in my face just to do it be they white or black.

I think actions speak much louder than appearences. If you act a certain way your are going to be percieved a certain way.

Personally, like I said I could give a shit.

Tell that to the Goldman family, Bass.

They might not have your clearly unbiased vision of the part class and money play on how one is treated in this society.

Cry me a river, thats just one instance where celebrity, not money won over true justice. Blacks are the ones who get screwed over the most by the justice system.

Cry me a river, thats just one instance where celebrity, not money won over true justice. Blacks are the ones who get screwed over the most by the justice system.

A single swallow does not a summer make, true.

And that Blacks (of every class) get screwed in various overt and covert ways that Whites (of similar classes) don't, also true.

But I promise you that your life shares more in common with my life than your life does with Bill Cosby or mine with Bill Gates.

Class truly trumps everything in this society.

And it does it so effectively that most of us don't even notice.

That's in no way denying that race looms large as well.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back