*Just How Much Govenrment Waste Do You Think There Is?*

Having worked in both the Goverment and Private Sector, I would say a lot.

When I was in the military, we had a budget for our unit for "expendable supplies". Except that at the end of the year, if we didn't use it, we'd lose it, so there would be a mad rush at the depot in September to use up the last of your money if you hadn't already, and you usually got things you really didn't want or need, but you had to use that money up.

Compare that to the private sector, where you have to really justify every expense on its own merits.

You left out that in August, you start budgeting. If you're smart, you over budget so when it gets slashed, you get a budget that is still more than you need but not what you wanted.

A vicious cycle.

Well, I wasn't in the budgetting part of it. I was just a supply sergeant. But point taken.

Having worked in both the Goverment and Private Sector, I would say a lot.

When I was in the military, we had a budget for our unit for "expendable supplies". Except that at the end of the year, if we didn't use it, we'd lose it, so there would be a mad rush at the depot in September to use up the last of your money if you hadn't already, and you usually got things you really didn't want or need, but you had to use that money up.

Compare that to the private sector, where you have to really justify every expense on its own merits.

You left out that in August, you start budgeting. If you're smart, you over budget so when it gets slashed, you get a budget that is still more than you need but not what you wanted.

A vicious cycle.

Well, I wasn't in the budgetting part of it. I was just a supply sergeant. But point taken.

Thanks for your service; I don't say that enough to those who served.

Sorry bout that,

1. The amount of waste is more than 10 billion a day, and fraud is another 10 billion a day.
2. Thats a safe estimate.
3. And no one in government gives a shit.
4. We as a nation or country are hemorrhaging money, and our leaders stand by just looking for votes.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

1. Its a whole fucking lot.
2. Not to mention all the fraud.
3. You can't imagine just how much waste and fraud there is going on.
4. Its enormous.:evil:
5. Its trillions.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Nobody doubts it exists. It's not as much as you think. Eliminating it (as if that was possible) would not solve our financial woes.

Many of you think the government is a place money goes to die. Not so. Where do you think it goes? It goes back into the private sector.

Sorry bout that,

1. Its a whole fucking lot.
2. Not to mention all the fraud.
3. You can't imagine just how much waste and fraud there is going on.
4. Its enormous.:evil:
5. Its trillions.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I would agree with that. Just the other day I posted a link that the Federal Government funded a study that amounted to 9.4 million dollars on the effects of penis size in the gay community--:cuckoo:

For half that amount I could have made one phone call to a friend and had them an answer.

Sorry bout that,

1. The sum total of what has been wasted, and the sum total of the fraud to date is so much your eyes would bleed if you knew.
2. And the amount of money wasted and stolen through fraud this year will be enough to balance the budget for nearly every country on earth.
3. Whats going on here is the American people are being stolen blind, and those in government, couldn't care less.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

A vicious cycle.

Thanks for your service; I don't say that enough to those who served.

cACKAcORN!!!
Rocks.gif
~BH

Last edited:

Forum List

Back