*Just How Much Govenrment Waste Do You Think There Is?*

chesswarsnow

"SASQUATCH IS WATCHING"
Dec 9, 2007
Fort Worth, Texas
Sorry bout that,

1. Its a whole fucking lot.
2. Not to mention all the fraud.
3. You can't imagine just how much waste and fraud there is going on.
4. Its enormous.:evil:
5. Its trillions.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

1. If you only knew how mush waste and fraud was going on, you would go *bat shit crazy!*:eek:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I think the amount might be staggering....It might be better we don't know.I have heard a few things over the years that were easy to laugh at.But the waste and mismanagement is probably off the charts.And the Libs want more and more government involvement.And of course more and more taxes and more and more spending.The left is constantly crying that the economy is in such bad shape because of the Bush tax cuts...They act as if it was the governments money that was taken away and needs to be repaid...why haven't they adjusted their spending to make up for that loss of revenue.Let's understand it's not the governments money first...

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

1. I wonder if the US Government doesn't have *two books*?
2. One with the 14 trillion dollar debt, and the real *book*, where we are actually in debt 950 trillion dollars.
3. Ever wonder if this is possible?:confused:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

5. Its trillions.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I would agree with that. Just the other day I posted a link that the Federal Government funded a study that amounted to 9.4 million dollars on the effects of penis size in the gay community--:cuckoo:

Sorry bout that,

2. One with the 14 trillion dollar debt, and the real *book*, where we are actually in debt 950 trillion dollars.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Mark Steyn was filling in for Rush the other day and he was interviewing an author who just released a book about the debt this country has and I got a chill down my spine....:eek:

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Mark Steyn was filling in for Rush the other day and he was interviewing an author who just released a book about the debt this country has and I got a chill down my spine....:eek:

Hope y'all like rice, cause get ready to eat alot of it! :eusa_think:

Having worked in both the Goverment and Private Sector, I would say a lot.

When I was in the military, we had a budget for our unit for "expendable supplies". Except that at the end of the year, if we didn't use it, we'd lose it, so there would be a mad rush at the depot in September to use up the last of your money if you hadn't already, and you usually got things you really didn't want or need, but you had to use that money up.

Compare that to the private sector, where you have to really justify every expense on its own merits.

Sorry bout that,

5. Its trillions.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

The word "Waste" is subjective. Are bullets produced but not fired a waste? I can see an argument for both "no" and "yes".

I would estimate between $0.10 and $0.20 of every dollar brought in is spent needlessly on everything from mowing the grass at Yosemite to mowing the grass at Camp Pendleton.

The real question should be asking is "What are our national priorities?" And whatever comes in 1-whatever in the left hand column , match the funding up to that in the right hand column. Where funding runs out on #16 lets say...that is where you start asking:

"Can the private sector do this?" or more importantly, "Should the private sector be doing this?"

If the answer is yes in the left hand column, the integer in the right hand column goes away. I tend to think that there are a lot of government programs the private sector isn't going to be doing any cheaper than what we're paying now.

The huge question to me has always been, is it really a national priority?

This will sound stupid (I know..you're surprised that I would say some thing stupid--lol) but I have always questioned why there needs to be full time homicide investigators in any police force. Is murder THAT prevalent in most places that they need a squad of cops to JUST investigate that? It would seem to me that you have an investigation squad and they take whatever crime needs their expertise be it a B&E or a mass murderer. If they are overwhelmed, they call in the state troopers who take over. That is how it works with disaster relief and murders are, on the scale, itty bitty disasters are they not?

Anyway, your question is moronic but the underlying thesis is not. Try again.

Having worked in both the Goverment and Private Sector, I would say a lot.

When I was in the military, we had a budget for our unit for "expendable supplies". Except that at the end of the year, if we didn't use it, we'd lose it, so there would be a mad rush at the depot in September to use up the last of your money if you hadn't already, and you usually got things you really didn't want or need, but you had to use that money up.

Compare that to the private sector, where you have to really justify every expense on its own merits.

You left out that in August, you start budgeting. If you're smart, you over budget so when it gets slashed, you get a budget that is still more than you need but not what you wanted.

A vicious cycle.

Forum List

Back