Just how many jobs did Romney create?

He says 100,000.

I say he's lying.

Anyone know if he created any jobs at all, and if so how many?

Interesting that Ravi is worried about the accuracy of 100,000 jobs that Romney claims to have created, but apparently isn't concerned about the accuracy of the bogus unemployment statistics that the federal government publishes every week and every month.

An average of over 400,000 people a WEEK are filing for FIRST TIME unemployment benefits in this country, and Ravi is worried about whether 100,000 jobs were "really" created by the venture capital company that Mitt Romney operated?

Typical waterhead left wingnut hypocrisy.

Is that your way of agreeing that NO ONE knows or even can claim (besides Romney of course), how many jobs he created?

My understanding is that he said "we helped create over 100,000 jobs". He did not claim he created 100,000 jobs.... unless you have another quote?

However, given the investments made by Bains, and given that I have not done the math... I would suggest it is not outside the realm of possibility that the figure is accurate.

That would be a fair assessment based on the limited information he has given. However, do you know if 100,000 is created jobs only, and not inclusive of all of the jobs that Bain helped to eliminate? If Bain's involvement with the many failed companies resulted in 200,000 job losses, then is he REALLY a jobs creator?

If you do not understand what 'venture capital' companies do, then the discussion is pointless.

Failing companies are going to fail. VC companies, like Bains, invest in those business to try and save them. If they cannot, then they salvage what they can. Don't eat your own in your enthusiasm to destroy Romney.... (Clue: take a look at Diane Feinstein, D, CA... and check out who she is married to)

He says 100,000.

I say he's lying.

Interesting that Ravi is worried about the accuracy of 100,000 jobs that Romney claims to have created, but apparently isn't concerned about the accuracy of the bogus unemployment statistics that the federal government publishes every week and every month.

An average of over 400,000 people a WEEK are filing for FIRST TIME unemployment benefits in this country, and Ravi is worried about whether 100,000 jobs were "really" created by the venture capital company that Mitt Romney operated?

The CBO estimates that the stimulus created or saved +/- 1.4 million jobs. Where's Romney's job creation numbers?

My understanding is that he said "we helped create over 100,000 jobs". He did not claim he created 100,000 jobs.... unless you have another quote?

However, given the investments made by Bains, and given that I have not done the math... I would suggest it is not outside the realm of possibility that the figure is accurate.

That would be a fair assessment based on the limited information he has given. However, do you know if 100,000 is created jobs only, and not inclusive of all of the jobs that Bain helped to eliminate? If Bain's involvement with the many failed companies resulted in 200,000 job losses, then is he REALLY a jobs creator?

If you do not understand what 'venture capital' companies do, then the discussion is pointless.

Failing companies are going to fail. VC companies, like Bains, invest in those business to try and save them. If they cannot, then they salvage what they can. Don't eat your own in your enthusiasm to destroy Romney.... (Clue: take a look at Diane Feinstein, D, CA... and check out who she is married to)

Slow your roll, Cali. I dont have it out for Romney. I just think it is odd that a candidate for POTUS is more than happy to rail againts everything that is Obama and claim to be a job creator, with absolutely NOTHING to back up such claims..

He says 100,000.

I say he's lying.

The CBO estimates that the stimulus created or saved +/- 1.4 million jobs. Where's Romney's job creation numbers?

At the risk of repeating myself. Government (ie the stimulus) is required to produce figures (and those estimates relied on a lot of self reporting - which is open to corruption of the numbers).... because it is taxpayers money. Private companies are not required to produce numbers of jobs created.

It was Bains - not Romney. And Romney has, to my understanding, never claimed that HE created jobs. He claimed that Bains helped to create over 100,000 jobs. And, again for at the risk of repeating myself - go check the companies they've invested in. Look at the number of people currently employed by those companies.

Slow your roll, Cali. I dont have it out for Romney. I just think it is odd that a candidate for POTUS is more than happy to rail againts everything that is Obama and claim to be a job creator, with absolutely NOTHING to back up such claims..

Again.... he did not claim what you say he claimed. He said "we helped create over 100,000 jobs". Do the fucking math. He could be right. He might not be..... but to dismiss the claim as a lie without investigating it, is ridiculous.

He says 100,000.

I say he's lying.

to give comapny A stimulus money and not give it to company B...company A's competitor.....likely will result in Company B going under and company A hiring people.

So company A hires 50
Company B lays off 100.

CBO will report 50 jobs created
That is why the CBO rteports 1.5 million jobs created, but there is a net 1.8 million fewer jobs in America.

Last edited:
He says 100,000.

I say he's lying.

How or where is there ANY legitimate "math formula" or objective scientific method to determine how many jobs were "saved" or "created" by Obama's trillion-dollar "stimulus" plan?

The answer? There isn't. Only the left wingnuts possess the magic "formula" that allows for varying degrees of FAILURE. Must be that "new math".

How or where is there ANY legitimate "math formula" or objective scientific method to determine how many jobs were "saved" or "created" by Obama's trillion-dollar "stimulus" plan?

The answer? There isn't. Only the left wingnuts possess the magic "formula" that allows for varying degrees of FAILURE. Must be that "new math".

there is one thing to look at.

Compare the amount of filled jobs there were in 2008 to how many filled jobs there are now.

The answer is 1.8 million less now.

All of the rest? Fluff.

He says 100,000.

I say he's lying.

Translation: "I'm a political hack and I assume the Repub is lying, can anyone help me prove it because I can't?"

He says 100,000.

I say he's lying.

If you had any idea of what Bain capital did you would not doubt his answer of 100K.

Compare the amount of filled jobs there were in 2008 to how many filled jobs there are now.

All of the rest? Fluff.

Yea... but... this thread is not about the stimulus and government figures. It is about Romney and his claim that they created 100,000 jobs. Now, personally, I find that an interesting topic without distracting it with irrelevance.

All of the rest? Fluff.

Yea... but... this thread is not about the stimulus and government figures. It is about Romney and his claim that they created 100,000 jobs. Now, personally, I find that an interesting topic without distracting it with irrelevance.

I have to believe that Staples alone was in the tens of thosuands.

Romney is running as a "jobs creator". That is GOP speak for rich people these days. So, I went to his website to find out how many jobs he claims to have created, and alas....no numbers. Im' shocked.

You're so full of shit, the class warfare is spewing out of your ears, Obama would be proud of you though, and I guess to you that is all that matters.

Is that your way of agreeing that NO ONE knows or even can claim (besides Romney of course), how many jobs he created?

Np, thats my way of saying you are full of shit and drinking the koolaid.

He says 100,000.

I say he's lying.

If you had any idea of what Bain capital did you would not doubt his answer of 100K.

Yea, that's pretty much my take on it. I wouldn't take an oath on 100k jobs but I would say it is not outside the realms of possibility. And... it's jobs from private investment, not taxpayers.

Bain is a non issue, romney left bain 6 years before all of the shit you guys are talking about even happened, the fact that the left wing media spun it and you still go along with it is evidence that you are dishonest and will buy into whatever the media tells you and not do your own research. Listen ,I dont like romney one bit, but that doesn't mean I will believe whatever the MSM says about him.

He says 100,000.

I say he's lying.

I know what they do. I'd like to see the numbers. If he's going to go around making such a claim the least he could do is back it up.

Without Bain capital...Staples was a good idea with a failed business model and it would have gone under.

Now it has hundreds of stores.

I need to believe Staples alone had tens of thousands of jobs created.

All of the rest? Fluff.

I have to believe that Staples alone was in the tens of thosuands.
That's not 100,000. Even if it were, Staples put a lot of small companies out of business and just rearranged the work force.

That isn't creating jobs.

Forum List

Back