Just how many jobs did Romney create?

By 'Romney' do you mean 'Bains'? One is an individual, the other the company he worked for. If you look at Bain's website, and take a look at the companies they have invested in... then I see it as perfect reasonable for them to quote a figure of 100,000. They have invested in some very large companies.

100,000?

I rather doubt that.

But, hey! if the evidence is there I'm sure he'll be kind enough to show us the numbers.

100,000?

I rather doubt that.

But, hey! if the evidence is there I'm sure he'll be kind enough to show us the numbers.

Why do you insist on being spoon fed - particularly since, whatever he says, you'll assume it is a lie anyway. Why not just fucking look for yourself? The 'numbers' may not be at your fingertips.... but the investments made by Bains most certainly are.

100,000?

I rather doubt that.

Why do you insist on being spoon fed - particularly since, whatever he says, you'll assume it is a lie anyway. Why not just fucking look for yourself? The 'numbers' may not be at your fingertips.... but the investments made by Bains most certainly are.

Romney is running as a "jobs creator". That is GOP speak for rich people these days. So, I went to his website to find out how many jobs he claims to have created, and alas....no numbers. Im' shocked.

By 'Romney' do you mean 'Bains'? One is an individual, the other the company he worked for. If you look at Bain's website, and take a look at the companies they have invested in... then I see it as perfect reasonable for them to quote a figure of 100,000. They have invested in some very large companies.

And that would be 100,000 more than Obama created, point = Romney.

These same people think Obama created jobs but we still have unemployment over 8.6 but I believe its higher then that its just the number the white house likes to throw out!

100,000?

I rather doubt that.

Romney is running as a "jobs creator". That is GOP speak for rich people these days. So, I went to his website to find out how many jobs he claims to have created, and alas....no numbers. Im' shocked.

You're so full of shit, the class warfare is spewing out of your ears, Obama would be proud of you though, and I guess to you that is all that matters.

He says 100,000.

I say he's lying.

Anyone know if he created any jobs at all, and if so how many?

I predict a huge bitch slapping coming on. Someone could lose a hat. :lol:

100,000?

I rather doubt that.

Did I say there would be 'numbers'? No. Why are there no numbers? Because Bain's is a fucking business - they are not required to provide numbers of jobs created to you, or the government, or anyone else. You have to do your own fucking homework.

Why the hell some people think that a private company must make this information available to you just because one of their employees is now running for the GOP nomination is beyond me.

You're so full of shit, the class warfare is spewing out of your ears, Obama would be proud of you though, and I guess to you that is all that matters.

Is that your way of agreeing that NO ONE knows or even can claim (besides Romney of course), how many jobs he created?

Did I say there would be 'numbers'? No. Why are there no numbers? Because Bain's is a fucking business - they are not required to provide numbers of jobs created to you, or the government, or anyone else. You have to do your own fucking homework.

Why the hell some people think that a private company must make this information available to you just because one of their employees is now running for the GOP nomination is beyond me.

I never said Romney or Bain had to provide me with anything. I just think that someone running for President of the United States on a platform of knowing how to create jobs would have this information easily accessible by the voting population. But, I have never run for POTUS before, so what do I know about strategery...

Is that your way of agreeing that NO ONE knows or even can claim (besides Romney of course), how many jobs he created?

My understanding is that he said "we helped create over 100,000 jobs". He did not claim he created 100,000 jobs.... unless you have another quote?

However, given the investments made by Bains, and given that I have not done the math... I would suggest it is not outside the realm of possibility that the figure is accurate.

I never said Romney or Bain had to provide me with anything. I just think that someone running for President of the United States on a platform of knowing how to create jobs would have this information easily accessible by the voting population. But, I have never run for POTUS before, so what do I know about strategery...

And yet, it is you who is complaining that there are no numbers. A rational person might look at the companies that Bains is involved with and do the math. The sum could well be a reasonable figure. It may not be. I don't know.... but, knowing what VC companies do... I know that there is a possibility that it's a good estimate.

My understanding is that he said "we helped create over 100,000 jobs". He did not claim he created 100,000 jobs.... unless you have another quote?

However, given the investments made by Bains, and given that I have not done the math... I would suggest it is not outside the realm of possibility that the figure is accurate.

That would be a fair assessment based on the limited information he has given. However, do you know if 100,000 is created jobs only, and not inclusive of all of the jobs that Bain helped to eliminate? If Bain's involvement with the many failed companies resulted in 200,000 job losses, then is he REALLY a jobs creator?

These same people think Obama created jobs but we still have unemployment over 8.6 but I believe its higher then that its just the number the white house likes to throw out!

the white house does not throw out the unemployment rate number. the BLS does.

Forum List

Back