Just how inept is Boehner?

So the Senate is in the process of rejecting Boehners Tea party suck up bill

Let's go back to square one Speaker Boehner

Do the republicans understand what they are doing to this country?

If Harry Reid was a "real leader" he would just rubber stamp whatever the Republicans in the House sent up.

At a time when real leadership is called for Boehner wastes precious time on a useless Tea Bagger bill that has no hope of passing.

How many political stunts is he going to pull? Is he that far in the Tea Party pocket? When the political solution calls for compromise, the Republicans move in the opposite direction

The balanced budget amendment is a sham. The votes are never going to be there. Two thirds majority in both houses is needed to pass BBA. It will NEVER happen. Why waste time on this silliness?

If we are successful in 2012 IT WILL HAPPEN.

I actually have no problem with Boehner. He knows what the deal is. Probably his biggest mistake was to egg the Tea Party on after Obama was elected... but I am not sure that was necessarily his decision, it could have been the Republican Caucus looking for a way to recover from 2008. In that respect, he got what he asked for. People that he can't work with. He might as well still have a Democratic majority, because if there's anything even remotely Moderate, but GOP leaning... he won't get Dem OR Tea Party votes.

Tough place to be as Speaker of the House... much like Reid was in the Senate, Boehner is stuck in the House. He needs votes, but he can't get them... not because of the Dems... but because of his own party.... How fucked up is that?

Boenher is an incredibly weak leader. What he should have done was, back in May or June sit the entire caucus down and explain where the party was going to be positioned. And now we have the silliest measure ever passed, a bill that is contingent on the passing of a Constitutional Amendment...in what, 5 days if I understand it correctly?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwrzsLYt-uI]‪"Hell No You Can't!"‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]​

Nope. Pathetic all of them. Now I have heard Pauls plan accomplished that, which could be the reason it wasnt considered. Lets borrow more now because the interest rate might go up. But increasing the size of debt will cause the service price to go up.

Bite the bullet now or take it to the head latter.

This post right here describes the moronity of the Tea Party in a nutshell. Let me ask something.... do you own your own home? If you do, what's the term of your mortgage? Is it 10 years? Probably not. So tell me, why does this debt HAVE to be paid in 10 years? Why can't it be 20, 30, 40, or even 50 years? Sure... the debt will outlive most of us over 40 years old... but as long as there's a plan in place, what is the fucking difference? The problem with the Tea Party is they want it all.... RIGHT NOW!!!!!, and they don't care who they have to fuck over to do it.

I own several out right. I purchased my first home at 13% Cry me a river.

Wtf? what does that have to do with my post? Did you read the whole thing, or stop where it said "do you own your own home"? Re read the damned post and get back to me.

I actually have no problem with Boehner. He knows what the deal is. Probably his biggest mistake was to egg the Tea Party on after Obama was elected... but I am not sure that was necessarily his decision, it could have been the Republican Caucus looking for a way to recover from 2008. In that respect, he got what he asked for. People that he can't work with. He might as well still have a Democratic majority, because if there's anything even remotely Moderate, but GOP leaning... he won't get Dem OR Tea Party votes.

Tough place to be as Speaker of the House... much like Reid was in the Senate, Boehner is stuck in the House. He needs votes, but he can't get them... not because of the Dems... but because of his own party.... How fucked up is that?

Boenher is an incredibly weak leader. What he should have done was, back in May or June sit the entire caucus down and explain where the party was going to be positioned. And now we have the silliest measure ever passed, a bill that is contingent on the passing of a Constitutional Amendment...in what, 5 days if I understand it correctly?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwrzsLYt-uI]‪"Hell No You Can't!"‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]​

No... Boehner is in the exact same place that Harry Reid was during the Health Care Debate. He had no help from the GOP and a chunk of his own Caucus was against him(Blue Dogs). I mean, as far as I'm concerned... the worst one can say about Boehner is these two things....

1. He asked for it with his grandstanding and pandering to the Tea Party when in truth, all he really wanted was to be Speaker and try to get something done.

2. What comes around goes around. Now he is stuck with a House that he can't work with.

So where were they to be in May or June? In Obama's pocket?

If Harry Reid was a "real leader" he would just rubber stamp whatever the Republicans in the House sent up.

Well, since he doesn't really have a plan he's just gonna take out what he doesn't like and put in a few things and claim it's his idea. Also he's lying about how much spending cuts are in his bill. If Boehner had said 3 trillion Harry would have said his cuts 6 trillion.

This is all about raising taxes.....nothing more. Take that to the bank.

This post right here describes the moronity of the Tea Party in a nutshell. Let me ask something.... do you own your own home? If you do, what's the term of your mortgage? Is it 10 years? Probably not. So tell me, why does this debt HAVE to be paid in 10 years? Why can't it be 20, 30, 40, or even 50 years? Sure... the debt will outlive most of us over 40 years old... but as long as there's a plan in place, what is the fucking difference? The problem with the Tea Party is they want it all.... RIGHT NOW!!!!!, and they don't care who they have to fuck over to do it.

I own several out right. I purchased my first home at 13% Cry me a river.

Wtf? what does that have to do with my post? Did you read the whole thing, or stop where it said "do you own your own home"? Re read the damned post and get back to me.

Tell me who is discussing paying the debt? who was that again? No one in congress which proves the idiocy of borrowing more. I have not seen a single l;legitimate reason for doing so.

CAN YOU BE THE ONE?

Let's face it.

We are not going to default on our debt because the numbers for that aren't there. The Dems are just trying to play chicken with the GOP and see if they'll quit.

The interest on the debt is currently $29 bil a month and we take in close to $200 bil a month from income tax deductions. We have enough money to pay Social Security, Medicare, pay the interest, and pay government workers and the military and still have some left over. The only person that can default is the President. Nobody else.

It's like that scene in "Footloose" were this dumb kid and another farmer kid are playing chicken with tractors. The only reason he wins is because his shoelace snags on the foot-pedal and he can't jump off.

At a time when real leadership is called for Boehner wastes precious time on a useless Tea Bagger bill that has no hope of passing.

How many political stunts is he going to pull? Is he that far in the Tea Party pocket? When the political solution calls for compromise, the Republicans move in the opposite direction

The balanced budget amendment is a sham. The votes are never going to be there. Two thirds majority in both houses is needed to pass BBA. It will NEVER happen. Why waste time on this silliness?
Ahh bullshit. The democrats are looking for political cover. They want a blank check to spend as much as possible. They also do not want to worry about the debt ceiling or the deficit becoming a campaign issue in 2012. Hence the reason why Obama and the democrat leadership is pushing to raise the debt ceiling and have the next expiration after November 2012.
Very creative. It won't work.

Let's face it.

We are not going to default on our debt because the numbers for that aren't there. The Dems are just trying to play chicken with the GOP and see if they'll quit.

The interest on the debt is currently $29 bil a month and we take in close to $200 bil a month from income tax deductions. We have enough money to pay Social Security, Medicare, pay the interest, and pay government workers and the military and still have some left over. The only person that can default is the President. Nobody else.

It's like that scene in "Footloose" were this dumb kid and another farmer kid are playing chicken with tractors. The only reason he wins is because his shoelace snags on the foot-pedal and he can't jump off.

The government shut down twice during the 90s, so you make an excellent point.

Surprisingly enough we did not default and the sun came up the next morning. Much to the dismay of many on the left.

Ahh bullshit. The democrats are looking for political cover. They want a blank check to spend as much as possible. They also do not want to worry about the debt ceiling or the deficit becoming a campaign issue in 2012. Hence the reason why Obama and the democrat leadership is pushing to raise the debt ceiling and have the next expiration after November 2012.
Very creative. It won't work.

It doesnt work for you and I however national repubs are not known for having a backbone.

It comes as no surprise that you have taken the time to spew such a simplistic view of this issue.
Look, your side is not going to get the tax increase and your not going to get a long term ceiling increase. Especially past the 2012 elections. That's horse shit.
You democrats think you can just walk on this without consequence? No way.
If you play, you pay. Democrats want a free pass on this. They do not want this to become a campaign issue. Just who in hell do the democrats think they are? They are not special.
There are rules here.

Well, since he doesn't really have a plan he's just gonna take out what he doesn't like and put in a few things and claim it's his idea. Also he's lying about how much spending cuts are in his bill. If Boehner had said 3 trillion Harry would have said his cuts 6 trillion.

Comment was solely intended to bait the libtards in here. They've been claiming that being a servile toad is the way for Boehner to be a "real leader." I wanted to see how they would respond if the same thing was said about a Democrat.

Comment was solely intended to bait the libtards in here. They've been claiming that being a servile toad is the way for Boehner to be a "real leader." I wanted to see how they would respond if the same thing was said about a Democrat.

Sorry, I'm not trying to bait anyone.

I'm just telling it like it is and you're calling me a liar.

That's your opinion, nothing more.

Clearing the decks of the debt battle to focus on jobs. Thats where they should have been; not digging in for a scenario which presents a no-win situation for the Country.

Of course that is contingent if you feel that the GOP ever wanted to get the economy moving while President Obama was in office. So now we are going to have this catastrophe so the GOP supposedly gets a political football.

Clearing the decks of the debt battle to focus on jobs. Thats where they should have been; not digging in for a scenario which presents a no-win situation for the Country.

Of course that is contingent if you feel that the GOP ever wanted to get the economy moving while President Obama was in office. So now we are going to have this catastrophe so the GOP supposedly gets a political football.

They attempted repeal of obamascare.

That discredits any notion of not wanting to get jobs moving, they voted down cap and trade so now that is being implemented through regulation.

Such dishonesty oh my.

New Topics

Forum List

Back