Just how inept is Boehner?

At a time when real leadership is called for Boehner wastes precious time on a useless Tea Bagger bill that has no hope of passing.

How many political stunts is he going to pull? Is he that far in the Tea Party pocket? When the political solution calls for compromise, the Republicans move in the opposite direction

The balanced budget amendment is a sham. The votes are never going to be there. Two thirds majority in both houses is needed to pass BBA. It will NEVER happen. Why waste time on this silliness?

You call it "silly" to dare think the US government should balance it's budget? Isn't this basic economics?

Nah..lets just give Obama another $2 TRILLION blank check...after all, he has spent our money so well!:eek:

Compromise would be $500 billion in cuts this year in exchange for raising the debt ceiling. What you want is capitulation. Boehner has already gone too far in that direction. It's time for the Dims to put their cards on the table and Republicans to shout "dead on arrival."

Boehner bill has crashed and burned in the Senate

His inept leadership is leading the country to a default, stock market crash and downgrading of our credit

Until Boehner learns what compromise is....he will lead this country to ruin

So "leadership" would be passing whatever Harry Reid tells him to pass?

After you look up the definition of "leadership," you can look up the definition of "servility" and "idiocy."

BO & Reid better cave or its a DEPRESSION that happened on their watch. Inexcusable. BO had a deal and blew it with a $400b revenue demand. Bet that 1st deal w/Boehner looks good now.

bet those corporate jet tax credits look pretty damned good to the GOP too. It was a token offer that would have been a huge win for the GOP and a "save face" maneuver for the Dems... and your side was too stubborn and stupid to take it.

Right now... I say invoke the 14th and save the country. Re-election be damned.

Corporate Jet Tax Credits equate to 15 SECONDS of the debt this nation is adding DAILY!

BO & Reid better cave or its a DEPRESSION that happened on their watch. Inexcusable. BO had a deal and blew it with a $400b revenue demand. Bet that 1st deal w/Boehner looks good now.

bet those corporate jet tax credits look pretty damned good to the GOP too. It was a token offer that would have been a huge win for the GOP and a "save face" maneuver for the Dems... and your side was too stubborn and stupid to take it.

That industry is already struggling. so killing more jobs and picking the winners and losers is still ok with you?

What exactly is unreasonable about a 400 billion over 10 years revenue plan? Nothing, as far as I can see? So why are you all poo pooing it? Why should ONLY those on Social security and medicare have to make sacrifices when they did NOT cause this crisis or the overspending on defense or the bail outs for the bankers and the Aig's?

I truly do not understand what is wrong with making everyone share in this sacrifice? Can you or anyone explain to me what is wrong with that?

At a time when real leadership is called for Boehner wastes precious time on a useless Tea Bagger bill that has no hope of passing

We have a 1.4 trillion dollar deficit and they won't agree to cut it by 100 billion. Someone else needs to propose a plan, someone else needs to make them happy, we have to raise their credit card limit, we can't ask them for any real cuts, we need to give them a random penalty tax on the people who drive their economy. And because the little thumb sucking babies aren't getting it the Republicans aren't displaying leadership. Got it.

At a time when real leadership is called for Boehner wastes precious time on a useless Tea Bagger bill that has no hope of passing.

How many political stunts is he going to pull? Is he that far in the Tea Party pocket? When the political solution calls for compromise, the Republicans move in the opposite direction

The balanced budget amendment is a sham. The votes are never going to be there. Two thirds majority in both houses is needed to pass BBA. It will NEVER happen. Why waste time on this silliness?

Inept? Speaker of the House, estimated net worth of $2.1 million.

You?

You honestly think I am not worth over $2.1 million? Boehner is a slacker

Yes, I honestly think you are not worth over 2.1M

What exactly is unreasonable about a 400 billion over 10 years revenue plan? Nothing, as far as I can see? So why are you all poo pooing it? Why should ONLY those on Social security and medicare have to make sacrifices when they did NOT cause this crisis or the overspending on defense or the bail outs for the bankers and the Aig's?

I truly do not understand what is wrong with making everyone share in this sacrifice? Can you or anyone explain to me what is wrong with that?

It leaves trillion dollar deficits.

Because there's no "sacrifice" (God, how I've come to loathe that cheap buzzword) in pushing any and all cuts -timid as they are- off onto someone else, to eat the political downside.

When Boiking says "sacrifice" he means everyone else but the DC bureaucrats and their hangers-on.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

is there ANY PLAN that has been offered from anyone that does not still leave trillions in deficit over the 10 year period? I thought every plan offered still leaves trillions in deficits over the 10 year period they are using?

Jobs jobs jobs...

(Oh and Boner is doing something that is called appeasement.)

It can be argued that the Speaker could only play the cards dealt him by the voters. If the voters had been more circumspect and responsible and sent reasonable, rational representatives to Congress interested in good, sound governance, then Boehner would be able to craft more meaningful legislation that could pass the Senate and receive the president’s signature.

Unfortunately for Boehner and the nation he must try to govern with a contingent of radical rightwing partisan ideologues more concerned about adhering blindly to dogma than doing what’s best for the Nation.

oh I see......well, at the end of the day since this is all about spending, plain and simple, the other sect well, they are just so perfectly reasonable and salt of the earth with the countries best interests at heart..is that the way it goes?

is there ANY PLAN that has been offered from anyone that does not still leave trillions in deficit over the 10 year period? I thought every plan offered still leaves trillions in deficits over the 10 year period they are using?

the dems will only sit still for anything that allows them to screw the country by just stringing out cuts over a 10 year period that will in all likelyhood never happen Care.....so, from where I sit the BBA is th only way to go right now.

maybe after a 10 year period, we can drop it, but right now, its the only thing that will effect spending like bending it down and, heres the thing-

there is no bias, it effects them equally if the dems cannot spend, well, neither can the reps.....

I think he's pretty damn good. He's caused obiedoodle's approval rating to fall to 40 in three short days.

Nope. Pathetic all of them. Now I have heard Pauls plan accomplished that, which could be the reason it wasnt considered. Lets borrow more now because the interest rate might go up. But increasing the size of debt will cause the service price to go up.

Bite the bullet now or take it to the head latter.

Corporate Jet Tax Credits equate to 15 SECONDS of the debt this nation is adding DAILY!

Yeah... no shit. But those corporate jet tax credits were ties to $4T of cuts... but you numb nuts were to stupid to take it. RE READ my post, and you will understand. Your ideology is so rigid, that you can't see a good deal when it's flopped right in front of your face. THAT is the problem with the Tea Party.... it's not their platform... it's their methodology. Politics IS compromise, not holding your breath until you get your way.

Forum List

Back