Just how inept is Boehner?

Just because someone was elected doesn't mean they're capable of doing the job. Nobama is a first class example.

Well, I was trying to be non partisan and simply make a statement of respect to the third highest elected position in the United States.

Nobama is condenmed by his own words.
obama
"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can't pay its own bills,"

PolitiFact | Bachmann said Obama voted against the debt limit when he was a senator

Yes, he said that and yes he has not righted that wrong. Forgive me, but I do not see the correlation between my post of respecting the Speaker and your position on Obama's inadequacies.

Past administrations are not part of this issue. Mentioning them is no longer permitted.
You don't get to be at the helm for 60% of the cruise then blame the previous helmsman when the ship crashes.

Mentioning past administrations is "no longer permitted"? Who the fuck do you think you are? be at the helm for 60% of the cruise? Gimme a fucking break. We've been living the "trickle down dream" for 30 years now... and look at the shape we're in. Let's see... Reagan, Bush I, Bush II... vs. Clinton(who turned Republican his last term) and 2.5 years of Obama.

Mighty convenient to not want to talk about anyone else, isn't it? I know... let's blame all 14T of debt on Obama.. because he's the president... oh wait... too late... you guys already have.

Congress has been run by the democrats for 60 years since 1949. Congress controls spending and congress creats the laws an\d programs.

What a bunch of shit... it's all Obama's fault... unless you get called out on it... then it's Congress's fault.

Face it dickhead... there's plenty of blame to spread around... take a look at my long winded post in the "Middle Class" thread towards the last page. Those decisions had every bit as much, if not more than anything that you think Democrats did.

But you're so stuck on your own ideology that you can't even begin to think with an unbiased mind.

It can be argued that the Speaker could only play the cards dealt him by the voters. If the voters had been more circumspect and responsible and sent reasonable, rational representatives to Congress interested in good, sound governance, then Boehner would be able to craft more meaningful legislation that could pass the Senate and receive the president’s signature.

Unfortunately for Boehner and the nation he must try to govern with a contingent of radical rightwing partisan ideologues more concerned about adhering blindly to dogma than doing what’s best for the Nation.

OMGGAWD....
we are dealing with VOTERS who elected a PRESIDENT with no type of EXPERICENE in ANYTHING AND only voted for a SLOGAN of HOPE AND CHANGE. And you have the nerve to talk ABOUT OTHERS..

:lol::lol:

Last edited:
It can be argued that the Speaker could only play the cards dealt him by the voters. If the voters had been more circumspect and responsible and sent reasonable, rational representatives to Congress interested in good, sound governance, then Boehner would be able to craft more meaningful legislation that could pass the Senate and receive the president’s signature.

Unfortunately for Boehner and the nation he must try to govern with a contingent of radical rightwing partisan ideologues more concerned about adhering blindly to dogma than doing what’s best for the Nation.

OMGGAWD....
we are dealing with VOTERS who elected a PRESIDENT with no type of EXPERICENE in ANYTHING AND only voted for a SLOGAN of HOPE AND CHANGE. And you have the nerve to talk ABOUT OTHERS..

Maybe the point is that the Speaker is elected speaker by Congress and not the public. Thus the assumption can be made that a more informed and savvy pool of voters may exist.

At a time when real leadership is called for Boehner wastes precious time on a useless Tea Bagger bill that has no hope of passing.

How many political stunts is he going to pull? Is he that far in the Tea Party pocket? When the political solution calls for compromise, the Republicans move in the opposite direction

The balanced budget amendment is a sham. The votes are never going to be there. Two thirds majority in both houses is needed to pass BBA. It will NEVER happen. Why waste time on this silliness?

As opposed to almost 3 years where the democrats that had total control of Congress failed to pass a single budget bill?

At a time when real leadership is called for Boehner wastes precious time on a useless Tea Bagger bill that has no hope of passing.

How many political stunts is he going to pull? Is he that far in the Tea Party pocket? When the political solution calls for compromise, the Republicans move in the opposite direction

The balanced budget amendment is a sham. The votes are never going to be there. Two thirds majority in both houses is needed to pass BBA. It will NEVER happen. Why waste time on this silliness?

As opposed to almost 3 years where the democrats that had total control of Congress failed to pass a single budget bill?

:eusa_shhh:
They want to CONTINUE to Ignore all that. Then they wouldn't be able to blame EVERYDODY else..

Well, I was trying to be non partisan and simply make a statement of respect to the third highest elected position in the United States.

obama
"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can't pay its own bills,"

PolitiFact | Bachmann said Obama voted against the debt limit when he was a senator

Yes, he said that and yes he has not righted that wrong. Forgive me, but I do not see the correlation between my post of respecting the Speaker and your position on Obama's inadequacies.
Understand this
LEADERSHIP STARTS WITH THE PRESIDENT.

Not the speaker of the house.
Nobama is condemned by his own words he is a failed leader.

Gads..not another, "inept Boehner" thread..:lol:..

obama

Understand this

uhmm. ok. you are right and i am wrong.

Mentioning past administrations is "no longer permitted"? Who the fuck do you think you are? be at the helm for 60% of the cruise? Gimme a fucking break. We've been living the "trickle down dream" for 30 years now... and look at the shape we're in. Let's see... Reagan, Bush I, Bush II... vs. Clinton(who turned Republican his last term) and 2.5 years of Obama.

Mighty convenient to not want to talk about anyone else, isn't it? I know... let's blame all 14T of debt on Obama.. because he's the president... oh wait... too late... you guys already have.

Congress has been run by the democrats for 60 years since 1949. Congress controls spending and congress creats the laws an\d programs.

What a bunch of shit... it's all Obama's fault... unless you get called out on it... then it's Congress's fault.

Face it dickhead... there's plenty of blame to spread around... take a look at my long winded post in the "Middle Class" thread towards the last page. Those decisions had every bit as much, if not more than anything that you think Democrats did.

But you're so stuck on your own ideology that you can't even begin to think with an unbiased mind.

So 60 years of democratic control of congress since 1949 and you still want to blame the GOP for a fucked up economy? Really platehead you really want to give the democrats a pass?

Understand this

I would whether be wrong and Nobama not be a failed leader.

Yes it's another let's forget about the failed President and bash the republican thread.

OMGGAWD....

Maybe the point is that the Speaker is elected speaker by Congress and not the public. Thus the assumption can be made that a more informed and savvy pool of voters may exist.

Maybe, but not. I read between his bs lines.

Unfortunately for Boehner and the nation he must try to govern with a contingent of radical rightwing partisan ideologues more concerned about adhering blindly to dogma than doing what’s best for the Nation

Wtf? what does that have to do with my post? Did you read the whole thing, or stop where it said "do you own your own home"? Re read the damned post and get back to me.

Tell me who is discussing paying the debt? who was that again? No one in congress which proves the idiocy of borrowing more. I have not seen a single l;legitimate reason for doing so.

CAN YOU BE THE ONE?

Yeah... I can. It's really simple. Raising the debt ceiling is not "borrowing more". It's paying for things we've already spent. Debt reduction is happening as we speak... having the ability to have some breathing room while we work TOGETHER on a viable plan to reduce the debt is simply not Borrowing more. The spending has already been done. It's paying for what we spent. Screwing with that ceiling will end up causing more harm than simply raising it. The point that I was trying to make with the INTEREST RATES is that if we lose our credit rating... we're fucked. Not only will our debt payments go up, but all of our interest rates will go up... that means people like you and I will also be affected.

All because your side wants to play hardball on this shit. Both sides are actually and honestly discussing debt reduction as a priority. I am 46 years old and have never seen BOTH sides agreeing that it needs to be done like what's going on right now. So... with Debt reduction getting priority.... we certainly will not be "borrowing more".

But your side has to be reasonable(which isn't a strong suit for you). There's no reason why we can't do it over 20, 30, or even 40 years. It's not like the country is going anywhere... we know where we live. There's no reason to fuck people over to do this. It can be done reasonably and humanely.

The thing is.... your side doesn't seem to want reasonable and humane. They want drastic and hurtful. Personally, I can't abide by that.

Raising the debt ceiling is not "borrowing more". LOL Are you serious. You mean the cost of servicing debt will not go up?

Youre damn right we want to play hard ball. What is enough? 100 trillion? 200? A quadrillion? What? How much of future generations money do you want to spend?

Why does the left expect great things from republicans while they settle for democrat whiny former community activists? Boehner is a genius compared to Barry Hussein and his brain damaged V.P. and crooked Harry Reid.

Tell me who is discussing paying the debt? who was that again? No one in congress which proves the idiocy of borrowing more. I have not seen a single l;legitimate reason for doing so.

CAN YOU BE THE ONE?

Yeah... I can. It's really simple. Raising the debt ceiling is not "borrowing more". It's paying for things we've already spent. Debt reduction is happening as we speak... having the ability to have some breathing room while we work TOGETHER on a viable plan to reduce the debt is simply not Borrowing more. The spending has already been done. It's paying for what we spent. Screwing with that ceiling will end up causing more harm than simply raising it. The point that I was trying to make with the INTEREST RATES is that if we lose our credit rating... we're fucked. Not only will our debt payments go up, but all of our interest rates will go up... that means people like you and I will also be affected.

All because your side wants to play hardball on this shit. Both sides are actually and honestly discussing debt reduction as a priority. I am 46 years old and have never seen BOTH sides agreeing that it needs to be done like what's going on right now. So... with Debt reduction getting priority.... we certainly will not be "borrowing more".

But your side has to be reasonable(which isn't a strong suit for you). There's no reason why we can't do it over 20, 30, or even 40 years. It's not like the country is going anywhere... we know where we live. There's no reason to fuck people over to do this. It can be done reasonably and humanely.

The thing is.... your side doesn't seem to want reasonable and humane. They want drastic and hurtful. Personally, I can't abide by that.

Raising the debt ceiling is not "borrowing more". LOL Are you serious. You mean the cost of servicing debt will not go up?

Youre damn right we want to play hard ball. What is enough? 100 trillion? 200? A quadrillion? What? How much of future generations money do you want to spend?

Congress raising the debt ceiling would be the same as, me not having a source of income a maxed out credit card and asking the bank to raise my credit limit. Do you think they would allow that?

Yes it's another let's forget about the failed President and bash the republican thread.

I figure that old tune wont change... the natives are restless...:lol:

Understand this

I will try one more time and then let it go. There is nothing in my response to your posts which indicated Boehner has fault and Obama is great...nothing. The persistence on your behalf to pursue an Obama bashing is lost on me.

I will try one more time and then let it go. There is nothing in my response to your posts which indicated Boehner has fault and Obama is great...nothing. The persistence on your behalf to pursue an Obama bashing is lost on me.

How is it I'm bashing Nobama when I am using Nobama's own words. Nobama is bashing himself for being a failed leader.

Forum List

Back