Just Heard Bush's Major Policy Speech

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Annie, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    It was very good, though should have been delivered after they secured Falluja, before UK and Bali were hit.

2. speederdoc

speederdoc Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28
    WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Bush, in a high-profile address on Thursday, said the war in Iraq did not cause hatred of the United States among radical Muslims, but is an "excuse" to further the goal of creating an Islamic state across the Mideast.

"The hatred of the radicals existed before Iraq was an issue," Bush said. "And it will exist after Iraq is no longer an excuse."

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/10/06/bush.iraq/index.html

The truth in those words seems so obvious....those who would disagree must conveniently ignore history in order to try to further their political agenda or simply are blinded by their hatred of our president and of war itself.

Ignoring terrorism does not make it go away.

3. Abbey Normal

Abbey Normal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +391
    As obvious as it should be to anyone with a brain stem, I am so GLAD he finally said it. He should say it every week.

4. Nuc

Nuc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Nevertheless, I didn't think it was a major speech as touted. He repeated his previous positions. The pundits were saying he would outline some new strategies. I didn't hear that. Spoke articulately though, which was nice.

5. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    IMO...President Bush hinted to the Islamic world domination of 1000 years ago...
    however the Ottoman Empire ended openly in 1924 and has continued covertly up to today...and what pray tell is a "radical Islamist" is that those who openly proclaim world domination or those who cheer from the sidelines too? Did anyone notice the two signs in the background...'The endowment for democratic...' this is a think tank much attached to the Tri-lateral...was this a hidden message? Other than these two things I noticed...GW just rehashed what he has been saying since 911! :huh:

6. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,159
    I watched the response right after the speech on CNN. The first thing the gal, Darin somebody, did in her comment was mispronouce democracy as "demography" as if she was unfamiliar with the word and then proceeded to say something to the effect that "we don't know how many facts" there were in Bush's speech. Then she turns to the next guy who she calls the "fact checker". Just a total blatant anti-Bush repsonse and of course this American anti-Americanism is being broadcast around the globe. :puke:

The "fact checker" guy mentions that Bush said there were 10 interrupted attacks around the globe, with three in the U.S. (but of course he wants to get more information and "facts" about them)

Then the CNN gal puts on two people from "totally opposite" ends of the spectrum: Paul Begala and Bay Buchanan. Begala belabors Bush's comment about how "no act of ours invited the rage of the killers...". He saw a shift in tone and thought he saw Karen Hughes' hand in this speech. Bay Buchanan said the speech finally gave a face to the enemy as Bush described their methods, goals, recruiting, and acitons in Iraq. Plus he also made a good comparison of islamofascism to communism.

I also thought that the comparison to communism was excellent. Domination is domination and we Americans are getting attacked from both groups which have many similarities.

7. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    With Bush pushing the focus onto commitment to the war and the mission this way, it will be EVEN HARDER for serious minded dems to convince their wacky left base that they're against this "war of american aggression and racism". It was a master stroke for dems. I think even the clintons will sit down with the wacksters and say "look terrorism is real we gotta do this."

8. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    I thought Hillary already was pro-war and I'm not sure she wants to give her democratic oppostion any ammo.

9. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hillary is pro anything that will get her elected...then anti everything decent when she gets there! :2guns:

10. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    true--I must confess that I'm interested in your Tri-lateral conspiracy theory tho. I think there's some reason to give pause and consider it.