Just Health Care, Huh??? I think not.

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
I think there is more going on than Obama's strong desire to provide all American's with affordable health care. Much more. Before we get into that, let's take a look at how the government is taking control of our lives.

Banking. The government now has control of the banking systems in America. Because of this, they can control who get's loans and for what purpose. Also, because there are so many banking functions conducted on-line, they can control that aspect of banking too. Direct deposti? Yep. Just about all government monthly payments are conducted via direct deposit. A good deal of America's paychecks are sent to the bank via direct deposit. So, if the government doesn't want a large number of people to have access to their money with just a single word, access to your accounts can be immediately stopped. We've already seen the government cut off access to funds deposited in American banks from foreign countries for a variety of reasons. They can do it to you too. Now that the government has control of the banking industry in the United States it will be very easy for them to know the balance in all of your accounts. It's no longer a private matter between you and your banker. Already, because of the IRS, the government knows exactly how much money you have, and to a degree, how you spend it. With these two elements combined, you have no real financial secrets.

Auto Industry. The government has taken over control of GM and Chrysler. Not a big deal you say? Well, consider this. There are several reasons why this should send up a big red flag. Let's just talk about GM first. The biggest majority of GM cars have OnStar installed in them. With OnStar, the government can track where you go, how fast you drive to get there, what music you listen to, and if they want to, they can even slow down or completely stop your car. If you use the telephone with OnStar your phone calls can easily be monitored. So, the loss of privacy is a very real possibility with this product. If the government suddenly decides that all cars in America must have OnStar installed, the loss of privacy increases. The government also has control over GM and Chrysler because of the unions. The unions and the Democratic party go together just like carrots and peas. The government gave the union control over GM, and by doing so, just increased their "hold" and influence over GM. Look for the same thing to happen with Chrysler. The unions love the government (mostly the Democrats) because they are like Heckle and Jeckel. Where you see one, you see the other. Government control over GM and Chrysler might just be a start. What if that's so? Your ability is travel is already controlled at the airports. Just add other forms of vehicle travel and you can always be monitored in your travels.

Now, let's talk about health care. This is a very scary issue to me. Obama wants to do lots of things with health care in this country. He wants the government to control this industry too. Your medical record is a private document between your personal physician and yourself. The so-called HEPA laws are supposed to gaurantee this privacy. If medical records are "nationalized" by making them accessable all over the country at will via a computer, you can bet the government will also have access to them. They will truly know every medical detail concerning you. Also, you can be sure that at some point a DNA sample will be collected, and when that happens, they will have a whole host of things they can know about you. Specifically what diseases you may be prone to, how you can easily be identified, what your overall medical condition is and other such info that should be private between yourself and your physician. When the government takes over health care they will determine who you see as a physician and when. You are not silly enough to believe this is not going to happen, I hope. Because the government will be controlling your health care, they will determine what procedures you have or don't have. Obama all but pubicly said that on TV the other night. There will be rationing and he all but said this too. In his own words, he said that if a procedure will not make you better, than it shouldn't be made available. Well, what about HOSPICE care for those that are terminally ill and will never get better? Is HOSPICE going to go away? Another point I would like to make is this. If the government controls your health care, specifically through government provided health insurance, they will have even more control over your life. It is the most important element of you that they can control. They will have control over your very being.

Not to sound paranoid but let me see if I can sum up my feelings. The government already controls your money via the banks. They have a good start on controlling all of the automobiles in this country, hence, your ability to travel and they want to control your health care. What is left of you to control that the govenment then will not have control over. I think you need to take a real close look at all of this. If we allow this as a nation, we have truly lost our individual identity.

The government is nothing more than a sheep in wolf's clothing these days. Be very careful and pay attention to what is going on around you. Don't blindly follow any politician. Think for yourself. There is much much more to this health care deal then meets the eye.

Excellent post, BBD. And the more they take over, the less personal choices we will have. The specifics are less important, per se, than the overall goal -- which is government running it all. How people do not see this is beyond me.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back