just got the intel x25 40gb

blu

Sep 21, 2009
sequential reads against the raw device with dd clocked at 208MB/s consistently... pretty damn sick

Nice, how's it going for you?

What are the rest of your specs for your comp?

kind of old....

e6600, 8gb of ddr2 ram, evga 8800 gts 512MB, 28 inch 1080p monitor

It can play all games on full res (except crysis) as of 6 months ago. would need to get a quad core or more with a one or two level higher vid card to handle current games. probably the gtx 260 nvidia range.

I am planning on building another machine probably next year when 8 core chips are out (with hyperthreading so 16 cores) and sata 6 and usb 3 three are more available. nvidia should have directX 11 cards out by then as well.

Nice, how's it going for you?

What are the rest of your specs for your comp?

kind of old....

e6600, 8gb of ddr2 ram, evga 8800 gts 512MB, 28 inch 1080p monitor

It can play all games on full res (except crysis) as of 6 months ago. would need to get a quad core or more with a one or two level higher vid card to handle current games. probably the gtx 260 nvidia range.

I am planning on building another machine probably next year when 8 core chips are out (with hyperthreading so 16 cores) and sata 6 and usb 3 three are more available. nvidia should have directX 11 cards out by then as well.

It's decent enough to run most games on high.

My Specs are as follows:

Proccesor: Intel Core I7.

Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5850.

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus III Formula.

Sound Card: Supreme FX X-Fi.

4 Gigs Of Ram.

300G Of HD.

850 Watts Power Supply.

ASUS Monitor HDMI 1080p.

I can run pretty much any game on Ultra and run it as smooth as possible. Bioshock 2, Crysis, you name it, I can run it.

Here's my rig.: My bad for the bad Picture Quality, I took this with my Phone. :eusa_whistle:

1o6k2h.jpg

-----
6o3frn.jpg

Last edited:
very nice. I don't game really any more so I didn't jump on the i7, but I have used them and "damn"

very nice. I don't game really any more so I didn't jump on the i7, but I have used them and "damn"

Thanks, took me awhile to get all the money for the Upgrades. i've had the same rig for about 2 years.. And this one is gonna last me for another 2-3 or even more since everything just came out, apart from the i7, since the i8 is coming out soon.

I had Napoleon: Total War running for about 1 hour since I totally forgot I even started it, was watching Hulu, Downloading music, and was just editing stuff and my computer was still running fine.

But yeah, I Game late night during the week and weekend whenever I have time.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back