Just Got My New Rates for 2017...350% Increase! Are You Kidding?

The letter from Florida Blue arrived yesterday and my insurance premiums will have a 350% increase starting this January. Affordable Care Act? Thanks Barry! Thanks Harry! Thanks Nancy! Thanks Democrats!

What the hell happened to my savings of $2,500 a year?

Well, you know what Dear Leader Mompants has to say about money:

"At some point you've made enough money."

Clearly, now that you've made "enough", he wants to spread it around.

Damn Boedicca...I'm just trying to make what I made last! When you're figuring out what you need to have saved up to retire comfortably on it helps if you don't have to worry about someone increasing the cost of your healthcare by 350%. Meanwhile Barry's about to ride off into the sunset with a killer pension, healthcare and Secret Service protection? Nice deal for him when he's fucked the Middle Class!

And why are you not blaming insurers?

Health care costs went up every single year before Obamacare.

I swear, you people are gullible. You believe wingnut media over your own past experiences.

Mine went up 350% you buffoon! 350%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What many people are failing to realize, is that ultimately, when you socialized the cost, someone has to pay the bill.

Das U! You are obviously deemed to have enough money to afford the cost.

In order for me to "afford" the cost of my health insurance under the ACA I'm going to have to cut back on expenses other places. The car I was looking to replace with a new one will have to last longer...less eating out...no new toys. Just wait until you see what this does to the economy when other Middle Class people like me have to start making hard choices about what they can cut back on to pay for a massive increase in their healthcare costs.

Well of course.

That's true of all leftwing stupidity. Unions demand tariffs on imported goods, to protect American jobs.

Same deal. If you an I have to pay more for all these goods and services, guess what happens when we spend less on everything.

Same thing. The left-wing never thinks about the consequences of their actions.

Let's increase the minimum wage. Well great. What happens when we all have to cut back?

Jack up insurance premiums. So the poor can have cheaper insurance. What happens when we can't afford other things?

Then they scream and squeal like little pigs when the tax revenue projections fall, and we start jacking up government deficits.

But Annie, none of those things are true. Deficits? President Obama cut the deficit by what? Two thirds? Three fourths.

Facts don't matter to the right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barack Obama will have increased the National Debt by more than any American President in history when he leaves office. Does that FACT matter to you?

The letter from Florida Blue arrived yesterday and my insurance premiums will have a 350% increase starting this January. Affordable Care Act? Thanks Barry! Thanks Harry! Thanks Nancy! Thanks Democrats!

Well, you know what Dear Leader Mompants has to say about money:

"At some point you've made enough money."

Clearly, now that you've made "enough", he wants to spread it around.

Damn Boedicca...I'm just trying to make what I made last! When you're figuring out what you need to have saved up to retire comfortably on it helps if you don't have to worry about someone increasing the cost of your healthcare by 350%. Meanwhile Barry's about to ride off into the sunset with a killer pension, healthcare and Secret Service protection? Nice deal for him when he's fucked the Middle Class!

My heart goes out to you, friendo. People who have taken responsibility for themselves, working hard and saving for their future, have been severely harmed by Obama and the Progressive Agenda in general. The Pols impose hardship on working people while they themselves live high on the hog as their expense.

It's appalling.

Yeah, blame Obamacare. Don't blame those who have pushed for all the corruption.

How much do you have to pay just for the insurance company? A completely UNNECESSARY waste of space, and you have to pay loads just for them to do something useless and then make profits on it.

How much do you pay in drugs costing too much? Doctors choosing the most ridiculously expensive drug when a cheap one would do? How much do you have to pay for hospital profits, and for them to charge you for anything and everything.

The UK spends half what the US pays for healthcare, and people in the UK have complained (mostly the rich) that it costs too much. If you paid more than the UK pays for healthcare you'd have a decent system, AND pay less.

But no, blame Obama for trying to get poor people having insurance.

First, while there is some amount of corruption, there isn't nearly as much as you think. The ObamaCare bill was not pushed by the companies. It was pushed by Obama.

The costly regulations that have been driving up health care costs for decades were not pushed by the companies, they were pushed by the left.

The health insurance and hospitals didn't call up Obama and say "hey let's screw up the health care industry with costly stupid regulations!"

No, Obama called up the health care industry and said "I'm going to screw up the health industry with regulations. Do you have any suggestions?".

Second, if insurance companies were in fact unnecessary and a waste, then we would never have used them to start with. Funny how the Canadians actually sued their own government for the right to have private insurance, and France, Germany and numerous other countries, all have private insurance on top of their expensive gov-care system.

So oddly it would seem that most of the people in 1st world countries all believe insurance isn't a waste.

Third, while you claim that the UK spend half as much on health care, that isn't entirely true.

They spend less, because they get less. It's easy to say then spend half as much, when they don't get nearly as much.

25 cancer drugs to be denied on NHS

But hey... it keeps costs down.

Can I demand a specific treatment? - Health questions - NHS Choices

Straight from the NHS web site:
Remember that:
some types of treatment aren't available on the NHS

But at least it's cheaper! In fact not getting treatment is universally cheaper.

'I went abroad for prostate cancer therapy... and I'm sending the NHS

"While the NHS acknowledges the benefits of proton therapy and plans to build its own centres, many patients are given inferior treatments simply because the cost of sending patients to the US for this treatment – well over £100,000 - is too high.”

There you go. Yeah, we'll get that treatment here.... eventually.... but for now the cost is just too high, so you get this inferior treatment, and hope you live. Yeah, maybe you'd like a say in that, but since we're footing the bill, we'll make that call for you.

You know.... so we keep cost down. Wouldn't want to be as expensive as the US.

This is the problem dude. Comparing US to the UK health care, is not an apples to apples comparison. Never has been.

ZaJfvDUzBPZQGpDWCPgCflgTVVuS0dlUyZRZDFLRvOsuJIcRLkP186lHxdbRdyh6Vj2kEuGiGawRH9k19ZILls-vnRz7xoSY5m46zRksQ_tihsxvJvVWsEodxMnFbpUgW6SGifzYvXEecCBJiqW6G_-leFtyAbz8CoLakCMXaMIkqcW7YxQQoLoDrege9AaX_0eSKxPmh9yeZ51skhbSnl9lb5I9Zivpy7dXATMLkLGYyfmQZI3ozeJ_VL-12EkJ3tSnJXivjvFtVwiYlwe3fjxuSXS2PX-71n3Wwhyeow8-KkNZd28ZnaVnj4QnO2DXQ1LQI7leo0ykg5SIIi_tRPR1UhMie6_n-VizbJi3khbn1LNeuOAJPBlNrRG0PhuS1RIomUfW73sZ_n2i80LJBrfkqKy7gfSYTAx-ATOtvKSvsOuJlnABmWOwKAs1j0vf238T4v1GbNsp14j1y1jCq2IhtOZEuk8oqT2pL4ZN2hJcpJ-ZbCZpA10tuPCr3vMfStUy1QgfBHE2Zu92rD8UEeVyClyW5y6ipPftZqw0Q_S6gex9YHPEea3iR5jsZeemKEC0wJEt0Ebl99iqasbmmNNhFHjzRw0yoYIPY5vlo6NLTfxZ=w447-h640-no

Every time they have compared real survival rates on nearly everything, the US does better, and by a wide margin.

Do you really want to cut costs and risk dying more? You really want to cause literally millions of people to die, to save a few bucks?

Oh my God, you literally copied and pasted half a post. Seriously dude, I'm not dealing with that shit. I'm not searching your post to try and find which bits are new or not. Either repost without repeating whole chunks of something you probably copied from someone else in the first place, or just don't bother.

Yeah, blame Obamacare. Don't blame those who have pushed for all the corruption.

How much do you have to pay just for the insurance company? A completely UNNECESSARY waste of space, and you have to pay loads just for them to do something useless and then make profits on it.

How much do you pay in drugs costing too much? Doctors choosing the most ridiculously expensive drug when a cheap one would do? How much do you have to pay for hospital profits, and for them to charge you for anything and everything.

The UK spends half what the US pays for healthcare, and people in the UK have complained (mostly the rich) that it costs too much. If you paid more than the UK pays for healthcare you'd have a decent system, AND pay less.

So I shouldn't blame Obama for lying to me about what the ACA would cost? I shouldn't blame Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi for rushing an absolutely horrible piece of legislation through Congress before the representatives that the people elected to stop them could be seated? The liberal wing of the Democratic Party owns ObamaCare and owns it's failure. They wrote the law. They passed the law.

How much is the ACA costing you? How much of the increase has nothing to do with the ACA? How much of that increase is due to insurance companies putting prices up, hospitals putting prices up, pharma companies putting prices up?

ted_20101101.png

There was already an increase. A doubling in 10 years. So you tell me how much the ACA is costing you, and how much is just down to this "normal" increase.

If all Obama wanted was to get poor people insurance he merely had to write a law subsidizing them right? We did not need to be mandated, we did not need the democrats to tell us exactly what coverage we needed, we Did not need Nancy Pelosi telling us it will be a big surprise we will know what's in it after we pass it. Well you democrats passed it and the only happy people are the poor people because they get theirs for nothing. The rest of us have to pay out the ass for something we can no longer afford and we will have our asses taxed off for not buying what we cannot afford. Damn right we are blaming Obama.

Well, seeing as the right decided they wanted a system of healthcare that included health insurance so that healthcare costs you loads of money, now you're whining that Obama is going through that same system.

Seems a little ridiculous to not complain that you have to pay loads of money for healthcare because loads of people have their fingers in the pie and you have to pay profits to all of them, but then you complain when the costs rise. Why didn't you complain before? Why did you accept the system before, now complain when it's more expensive? It's been getting more expensive every year, year on year, but you only complain when Obamacare gets in.

So I shouldn't blame Obama for lying to me about what the ACA would cost? I shouldn't blame Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi for rushing an absolutely horrible piece of legislation through Congress before the representatives that the people elected to stop them could be seated? The liberal wing of the Democratic Party owns ObamaCare and owns it's failure. They wrote the law. They passed the law.

How much is the ACA costing you? How much of the increase has nothing to do with the ACA? How much of that increase is due to insurance companies putting prices up, hospitals putting prices up, pharma companies putting prices up?

ted_20101101.png

There was already an increase. A doubling in 10 years. So you tell me how much the ACA is costing you, and how much is just down to this "normal" increase.

Is a 350% increase "normal" to you, Frigid? I've never had an increase that even came close to that! You talk about a doubling over ten years? Mine has gone up three and a half times what it was IN ONE YEAR!

ted_20101101.png

Is a 350% increase "normal" to you, Frigid? I've never had an increase that even came close to that! You talk about a doubling over ten years? Mine has gone up three and a half times what it was IN ONE YEAR!

Like I said, I want the facts. Without the facts, I can't say much, can I?

Many problems with the ACA could be fixed but Republicans won't let it get fixed because they don't want it to be successful.

But you refuse to blame Republicans.

Also, please show me where in the ACA it forces you to change doctors. It doesn't. Insurers make you do that.
Well at least you are now acknowledging that the ACA has many problems. That is the first step to recovery.
I've been saying it for years. No legislation is perfect when initially passed. The difference is Congress does revisions and fixes. Their refusal to fix problems in the ACA are purely political.

I swear, you people are gullible. You believe wingnut media over your own past experiences.

Yet you have no blame for the insurance companies, who I'm sure you believe are struggling to pay their rent.

What many people are failing to realize, is that ultimately, when you socialized the cost, someone has to pay the bill.

In order for me to "afford" the cost of my health insurance under the ACA I'm going to have to cut back on expenses other places. The car I was looking to replace with a new one will have to last longer...less eating out...no new toys. Just wait until you see what this does to the economy when other Middle Class people like me have to start making hard choices about what they can cut back on to pay for a massive increase in their healthcare costs.
Did you have insurance before the ACA? Did that insurance never go up in price?

Ya know you will never see a USMB liberal post a thread like this, because they don't work , pay taxes and don't have a first hand clue what you are talking about

Yet you have no blame for the insurance companies, who I'm sure you believe are struggling to pay their rent.

Who enabled them? Obama care and the mandate

Just like democrats enabled colleges to raise cost through the roof with easy school loans

OP is a selfish bastard. look at all the indigent and illegals that can now have Healthcare on YOUR money!!!!!

Viggy

No illegals can sign up for ObamaCare but they can avail themselves of St Ronnies emtala.

Same with indigent.

So I actually know of an illegal, who has medicaid.... which is paid for by Obamacare.

Lie much?
You seem to lie quite a bit. Illegals cannot get Medicaid.

Who enabled them? Obama care and the mandate

Just like democrats enabled colleges to raise cost through the roof with easy school loans
How did they need enabling? What kept them from raising prices before the ACA? Nothing.

That chick really was that stupid. Many of them were. And as you can see on this forum... many still are.
As stupid as Trump supporters?
Good I hate stupid fagerals...
How Undocumented Immigrants Sometimes Receive Medicaid Treatment | ...
PBS › newshour › rundown › how-undo...
Feb 13, 2013 - But while federal law generally bars illegal immigrants from being covered by Medicaid, a little-known part of the state-federal health insurance program for the poor pays about $2 billion a year for emergency treatment for a group of patients who, according to hospitals, mostly comprise illegal immigrants.

Medicaid for Illegal Immigrants | Emergency Medicaid
www.emergencymedicaid.net › emergen...
At this time, the emergency Medicaid for illegal immigrants is providing assistance to those who cannot afford to pay the high costs for health care coverage. Medicaidhealth insurance is federally funded and is available to low income families and individuals

Well of course.

That's true of all leftwing stupidity. Unions demand tariffs on imported goods, to protect American jobs.

Same deal. If you an I have to pay more for all these goods and services, guess what happens when we spend less on everything.

Let's increase the minimum wage. Well great. What happens when we all have to cut back?

Jack up insurance premiums. So the poor can have cheaper insurance. What happens when we can't afford other things?

Then they scream and squeal like little pigs when the tax revenue projections fall, and we start jacking up government deficits.

But Annie, none of those things are true. Deficits? President Obama cut the deficit by what? Two thirds? Three fourths.

Barack Obama will have increased the National Debt by more than any American President in history when he leaves office. Does that FACT matter to you?
How did he do that when the purse strings are controlled by the House and the House has been run by Republicans since 2011?

Well of course.

How did he do that when the purse strings are controlled by the House and the House has been run by Republicans since 2011?
I suggest rallying the vote.

Forum List

Back