Just Got My New Rates for 2017...350% Increase! Are You Kidding?

The letter from Florida Blue arrived yesterday and my insurance premiums will have a 350% increase starting this January. Affordable Care Act? Thanks Barry! Thanks Harry! Thanks Nancy! Thanks Democrats!

What the hell happened to my savings of $2,500 a year?
How has this improved since you started this thread? Other than you no longer have insurance. Or do you have a cheap insurance that doesn't cover anything? I have a friend he has bare bones insurance and his wife got cancer and he had to have a fundraiser. I didn't give shit because he votes Republican. Fuck him he did that to himself. You Americans have the jobs and healthcare you deserve.

Just another reason you'll probably die penniless.

The letter from Florida Blue arrived yesterday and my insurance premiums will have a 350% increase starting this January. Affordable Care Act? Thanks Barry! Thanks Harry! Thanks Nancy! Thanks Democrats!

How has this improved since you started this thread? Other than you no longer have insurance. Or do you have a cheap insurance that doesn't cover anything? I have a friend he has bare bones insurance and his wife got cancer and he had to have a fundraiser. I didn't give shit because he votes Republican. Fuck him he did that to himself. You Americans have the jobs and healthcare you deserve.

How does it help to die with money?

Well just think, your 350% increase will cover a welfare queen on the left. It is called wealth redistribution for a reason.
That and the deductible.

The only people who can afford to go to the doctor are the people on welfare

You must not have any money if you are asking that question.

The point is, you don't know how long you are going to live. People who talk like you will be in for a rude awakening when you get in your 60's. When you have to keep working even though physically and mentally you are done. And your family will be in for a rude awakening too when you have to move in with them or they have to pay your funeral costs. Or watch you die because you didn't have good insurance.

I found an article that might explain it to you

Do you want to die with money in the bank?

And by the way, I have all the toys. Guns and property to hunt, a pontoon boat and a quadrunner.

Bottom line is I want to know I won't run out of money. I also want to be able to retire. And I want to leave my nephews a nice sum of money.

It's also that assurance that you have more than enough money no matter what happens. Of course we would all love to know exactly how long we are going to live and spend every dime before we check out but that's not going to happen.

Do you expect or hope to live to 80? What if you live till 90? So you better save for the possibility that you might live till 90. But if you don't, and you die at 80, you will leave some money behind and that's a good thing for your love ones. Is it not?

I can't believe you asked that question.

And by the way, I have all the toys. Guns and property to hunt, a pontoon boat and a quadrunner.

Bottom line is I want to know I won't run out of money. I also want to be able to retire. And I want to leave my nephews a nice sum of money.

It's also that assurance that you have more than enough money no matter what happens. Of course we would all love to know exactly how long we are going to live and spend every dime before we check out but that's not going to happen.

Do you expect or hope to live to 80? What if you live till 90? So you better save for the possibility that you might live till 90. But if you don't, and you die at 80, you will leave some money behind and that's a good thing for your love ones. Is it not?

I retired at 46 seven years ago.
Our plan is to live of dividends and savings (partially) and then live off of SS savings and dividends.
Given the fact that most stop spending on frivolous crap,which we've already done for the most part since we've already acquired the costly items I see no problems in our future.
I want for nothing but a quiet place in the country which we can easily afford.

Our plan is to live of dividends and savings (partially) and then live off of SS savings and dividends.
Given the fact that most stop spending on frivolous crap,which we've already done for the most part since we've already acquired the costly items I see no problems in our future.
You retired at 46? Now that's amazing!!! I wish I could. That would probably take $2 million dollars I'm guessing. I don't have a lot of bills I bet $1 million would do it except for healthcare.

What do you do for healthcare now? If you can afford that and to retire at 46, you are rich. Or you don't have healthcare?

You retired at 46? Now that's amazing!!! I wish I could. That would probably take $2 million dollars I'm guessing. I don't have a lot of bills I bet $1 million would do it except for healthcare.

What do you do for healthcare now? If you can afford that and to retire at 46, you are rich. Or you don't have healthcare?

Right now we're using the Wife's healthcare as she hasn't retired yet. Of course we've already planned for our healthcare post retirement. You'd be a fool not to.

As far as being rich? We're in the top 3% and have planned our life all the way to death.

After that my Niece gets everything.

We do have jobs we deserve. Why do you think millions people around the world, come here to get a better future?
We do have the healthcare we deserve. Why do you think we have the highest survival rates in the world, and people come here from Europe routinely, to get care?

Not likely. I'm always confused by this "Cheap health insurance that covers nothing"? What do you mean by that? In 2006, before Obamacare wrecked the insurance market, I had a policy for $67 a month, that covered up to $2 Million dollars on catastrophic coverage. That's pretty good I thought. What more do you need to have covered? Granted it doesn't cover alcoholism, but I don't drink anyway. It doesn't cover addiction, but then I've never taken an illegal drug in my life. It doesn't cover HIV and other STDs, but then I don't screw random women. I only have sex with my wife.

Do tell.... why would I die penniless? By the way..... whether you die penniless, or a multi-millionaire, you do know that you don't take anything with you into Heaven or Hell, so is it really that big of a deal?

Well, did anybody actually think OC was anything but a big welfare program for insurance companies and doctors? They eat up almost everybody's life savings eventually, have for decades now. There is still blood to be squeezed form you turnips, and they go after those in waht's left of the 'middle class' with something to steal, not poor people, and you were all fine with that for decades, screwing over those icky blue collar types; now that they''re toast, guess who is next in line for The Treatment? You don't think the rich pay all those bribes so they can demand they pay their fair share, do you??? lol that's just silly talk. Enjoy the beds you've made for yourselves. You got what you asked for, even if you don't recognize it. Congratulations.

Oh and let me guess; the previous 20 odd pages are filled with sniveling anecdotal stories about how wonderful and cheap 'private insurance' was n stuff'. lol what a hoot.

Next is 'Medicare For All, and the Chamber Of Commerce, the GOP, and the DNC will all flood the country with 'refugees' and 'undocumented' criminals and bankrupt that in a couple of years. Get ready for it, since it's yet another agenda you clowns voted for.

Last edited:
So where's the republican plan?

Oh, that's right, they don't do that kind of legislation.

We do have jobs we deserve. Why do you think millions people around the world, come here to get a better future?
We do have the healthcare we deserve. Why do you think we have the highest survival rates in the world, and people come here from Europe routinely, to get care?

Not likely. I'm always confused by this "Cheap health insurance that covers nothing"? What do you mean by that? In 2006, before Obamacare wrecked the insurance market, I had a policy for $67 a month, that covered up to $2 Million dollars on catastrophic coverage. That's pretty good I thought. What more do you need to have covered? Granted it doesn't cover alcoholism, but I don't drink anyway. It doesn't cover addiction, but then I've never taken an illegal drug in my life. It doesn't cover HIV and other STDs, but then I don't screw random women. I only have sex with my wife.

Do tell.... why would I die penniless? By the way..... whether you die penniless, or a multi-millionaire, you do know that you don't take anything with you into Heaven or Hell, so is it really that big of a deal?
Apparently they assume Medicaid and Medicare are100% free? Which they aren't. Both have deductibles,co pays and co insurance that patients are responsible for. Plus Medicaid will only be reimbursing at 100% on covered services for a few more months. January 1,2020 they will only reimburse at 90%.

Forum List

Back