Just got my 23andme genetic test results back

Why does it matter?

Why do you take multiple genetic tets?

And why do you think lack of marriage means lack of consent?

Because in those days thats what it was, which is why 3 out of 10 African America males have a paternal ancestor that traces back to Europe.

I don't care so much about having European mixture in my ancestry, instead, its usually those of European descent who are shocked to find out that they are not purely European.

You don't mind?

Guess it makes you sick to think that you have a few white chromosomes in you.

Even further irony:

It is those who are the most racist who constantly feel the need to tell you they aren't racist.

Jus' sayin'

The plaintiff whines, your Honor.

Bass is not a racist. The rest of you are just too fucking sensitive about race. Charlie isn't. Y'all need to grow a set.

I'll remember that next time he calls someone a fucken monkey.

Oh, calling someone a monkey is racist now? I didn't get the memo. My bad. You dumb.

Walk up to a black and call him a monkey or a chimp and wait for the reaction.

It's the same as calling them stupid or sub-human.

Muslims use it all of the time when they describe Jews.

It's one ****-hair from calling someone a ******.

What some of you morons fail to realize is that African Americans having European ancestry is all a part of the slave legacy, thats not something you can just tell people to move on and get over with, that legacy shaped what is known as African Americans. That European ancestry is just one part of that legacy, the social stratification that we have in America today was shaped by it, the slavery legacy. The people to whom my paternal ancestry traces to in Africa, the Songhai people, on average, don't have skin as light as mine and eye color as light as mine and neither do Native Americans, so do the math and guess where it comes from. I as well as other African Americans are constantly reminded of that slavery legacy when and its carried in our genes.

The average African American has about 6-17% European ancestry, my case is unusual in that I have high percentage of Native American ancestry, which is low to negligible is most African Americans and most of that Native American ancestry is recent, very recent and was consensual, my grandmother is a Native American. In two separate genetic tests my Native American ancestry came out to be 40%, thats why a 15% European figure is too damn high.

Oh, calling someone a monkey is racist now? I didn't get the memo. My bad. You dumb.

I call rightwingers, regardless of race, monkeys and chimps, but at the request of Article 15 I've stopped and why did I do it in the first place? To let you insensitive retards know how it feels to be dehumanized, now you all swear I'm a racist because of it, but when blacks call rightwing idiots like Limbaugh and Coulter racist for using slurs you idiots defend their speech as 1st Amendment freedom of speech and accuse blacks of trying to deny them that right.

Nobody here is defending slavery, bub.

Hundreds of thousands of Americans died to end it, while it is still practiced in other parts of the world even to this day.

I'll save my sympathy for those who are living slaves today as opposed to people who are fortunate to live in the U.S. under Constitutional protections.

What some of you morons fail to realize is that African Americans having European ancestry is all a part of the slave legacy, thats not something you can just tell people to move on and get over with, that legacy shaped what is known as African Americans. That European ancestry is just one part of that legacy, the social stratification that we have in America today was shaped by it, the slavery legacy. The people to whom my paternal ancestry traces to in Africa, the Songhai people, on average, don't have skin as light as mine and eye color as light as mine and neither do Native Americans, so do the math and guess where it comes from. I as well as other African Americans are constantly reminded of that slavery legacy when and its carried in our genes.

The average African American has about 6-17% European ancestry, my case is unusual in that I have high percentage of Native American ancestry, which is low to negligible is most African Americans and most of that Native American ancestry is recent, very recent and was consensual, my grandmother is a Native American. In two separate genetic tests my Native American ancestry came out to be 40%, thats why a 15% European figure is too damn high.

maybe they sent you the test results of someone else :razz:

The Great Beyond: Consumer genomics company snafu

Due to errors in the lab, as many as 96 customers of consumer genomics company 23andMe “may have received and viewed data that was not their own”, the company informed customers in an announcement on its website (password protected) last Friday. [June 2010]

Why does it matter?

Why do you take multiple genetic tets?

And why do you think lack of marriage means lack of consent?

Because in those days thats what it was, which is why 3 out of 10 African America males have a paternal ancestor that traces back to Europe.

I don't care so much about having European mixture in my ancestry, instead, its usually those of European descent who are shocked to find out that they are not purely European.

You don't mind?

Guess it makes you sick to think that you have a few white chromosomes in you.

My paternal ancestral line is African and my maternal one is Native American,I don't carry Europe chromosones you moron.

Your vulgarity deserves no response. You're beginning to bore me.

I really don't think the Bass is all that racist. At least not to any degree that's unhealthy or bothersome.

Don't get him mixed up with 52nd Street. That guy is the black version of William Joyce.

However, I do believe that the Bass is totally totally totally homosexual. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :D

I honestly don't give a shit about your ancestry or your race (who does?). I shared my impression, and you flew off the handle.

I don't know you. I only know the image you convey. I would suggest you just ignore me, because you're certainly not helping your case by apologizing for your ethnicity.

maybe they sent you the test results of someone else :razz:

The Great Beyond: Consumer genomics company snafu

Due to errors in the lab, as many as 96 customers of consumer genomics company 23andMe “may have received and viewed data that was not their own”, the company informed customers in an announcement on its website (password protected) last Friday. [June 2010]

I have the new V3 platform so my results, at least as far as the Y chromosone and mtDNA were confirmed correct. My Y chromosone is E1a* with no known downstream markers and my mtDNA haplogroup is A. The problem with 23andme arises when they test East Africans and North Africans who's ancestry will show up as more European than African, but thats because these DNA tests were largely made for Europeans and their database of SNPs are mostly of those found in Europe.

Hundreds of thousands of Americans died to end it, while it is still practiced in other parts of the world even to this day.

I'll save my sympathy for those who are living slaves today as opposed to people who are fortunate to live in the U.S. under Constitutional protections.

I don't think Charlie wants or is asking for anyone's sympathy. He is merely honest about how he views the European lineage. If I were black, I might feel similarly, which is why I don't judge him on it. I know I wouldn't mind if I discovered some African bloodline in my family, but then - Africans have never enslaved the Irish. Those of a European heritage cannot say the same. Our ancestors were more likely to have owned slaves than have been slaves... although the Irish were badly treated by the English - and I have both bloodlines. I can understand where Charlie's coming from on this.

And he certainly is not a racist. He and I argue constantly... but, he's usually one of the first to my defense if anyone calls me a racist. He knows I'm not. I know he isn't. That's the way we roll.

So you're 40% Native American, 15% European, and 55% African American. Seems you've got an extra 10% rolling around in there. I think you'd better recheck it.

One thing is for sure. You're 25% asshole, 25% dickhead, 25% racist, and 25% full of shit.

Btw, unless you've traced your genealogy you honestly don't know what your European ancestry means. It could mean we're all related.

You may be my cousin...gag.

I honestly don't give a shit about your ancestry or your race (who does?). I shared my impression, and you flew off the handle.

I don't know you. I only know the image you convey. I would suggest you just ignore me, because you're certainly not helping your case by apologizing for your ethnicity.

my ethnicity is African American and I don't apologize for a damn thing moron, I wouldn't change me for anything or anybody. Your impression of me is damn bogus, but keep whining I'm a racist, it makes me laugh every damn time that oversensitive, racially insecure retards like you are so easily manipulated

I don't think Charlie wants or is asking for anyone's sympathy. He is merely honest about how he views the European lineage. If I were black, I might feel similarly, which is why I don't judge him on it. I know I wouldn't mind if I discovered some African bloodline in my family, but then - Africans have never enslaved the Irish. Those of a European heritage cannot say the same. Our ancestors were more likely to have owned slaves than have been slaves... although the Irish were badly treated by the English - and I have both bloodlines. I can understand where Charlie's coming from on this.

And he certainly is not a racist. He and I argue constantly... but, he's usually one of the first to my defense if anyone calls me a racist. He knows I'm not. I know he isn't. That's the way we roll.

I respect your defending him, but thoroughly disagree with your assessment of him.

He's an egomaniacal dickwad. It makes me wonder about you if you support the prick.

Not only is he a racist but he thinks he's God's gift to women. Every thread he starts seems to be about him. And anyone who speaks in 3rd person has serious issues. A text book narcissistic trait.

I would think you would have a low tolerance level for him.

So you're 40% Native American, 15% European, and 55% African American. Seems you've got an extra 10% rolling around in there. I think you'd better recheck it.

One thing is for sure. You're 25% asshole, 25% dickhead, 25% racist, and 25% full of shit.

Btw, unless you've traced your genealogy you honestly don't know what your European ancestry means. It could mean we're all related.

You may be my cousin...gag.

According to 23ndme, my proportions are 55% sub-Saharan African, 30% Native American and 15% European, the two other companies tested me out as 55% sub-Saharan African, 40% Native American and 5% European.

Jackass, learn to read. Your ancestry is 110% pure jackass with a 10% margin of error.

I respect your defending him, but thoroughly disagree with your assessment of him.

As do I.

Forum List

Back