Just got an Ipad

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
well, I took the plunge ( I got the 64 gb wi fi version)..played with it at the store and yea I thought to myself, can use this.
I have to say the interface and smoothness is awesome, I don't quite need a net book, but wanted an e-machine and to do light word and excel stuff calendering, addy book etc etc.. and to use it as a goof....astronomy prgms, some science stuff, reading news etc etc....

anyone have one, any tips to share?

( am a newbie to apples products, am a PC guy other than this)...

The 3 apps I love the most are:

Flipboard
2Do
Star Walk

And if you watch gold and silver Gold Tracker is the bomb.

ipad_parody.jpg

well, I took the plunge ( I got the 64 gb wi fi version)..played with it at the store and yea I thought to myself, can use this.
I have to say the interface and smoothness is awesome, I don't quite need a net book, but wanted an e-machine and to do light word and excel stuff calendering, addy book etc etc.. and to use it as a goof....astronomy prgms, some science stuff, reading news etc etc....

Good luck with it. You may want to go to squaretrade and buy a warranty for it. Since Apple will cover it for a while, those extra years may be cheap. They are running a sale right now, and I just bought 3 years coverage on a radar detector for $13.99.

As for Apple: I am reluctant to buy into the philosophy. I do not believe in proprietary hardware. I believe that in short time (within 10 years) Linux is going to emerge as the dominant platform. Or Steve Jobs will rule the world. Either one. But I'm pulling for Linux.

Did you check out the new Blackberry tablet? Not even sure if it's in the stores yet.

I used one when I was on vacation. My phone didn't work so I emailed from it, checked my bank, little stoff like that.

It's nice for that.

I am an applefangirl... i love, love love my macbook air and iPad.

i live by the calendar...

twitter is great on iPad.

the visuals on youtube and even the weather channel app are amazing

if you like goofy stuff check out doodle jump (addictive game) and talking tom.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back