Just going to say, being a Christian in 2018 is very difficult.

I imagine it would be somewhat hard to be a religious nutball of any religious stripe, in our modern, enlightened society. This, obviously,is softened by the fact that religious nuts are numerous, thus causing the major religions to get a pass they do not deserve in our enlightened society.

But...can you imagine some freak at the party insisting that he is the son of a god, or some freak at work insisting that his pet gerbil is a god and we all must worship it, lest we burn in eternal fire? Naturally, we would all at least roll our eyes at this freak, at worst laugh him out of the room.

Remember this, the next time a person insists you must bow to a zombie god who lives in the sky, lest you suffer for eternity. Take a step back and imagine how you would field such bizarre, laughable claims, if that person were not endorsed by a major religion...itself an artifact of ignorant, iron age people.
Enlightened like denying humanity of our most innocent and defenseless members of our society?
No, but thanks for asking!

I believe the Bible is very clear that it will get a whole lot worse for believers in the last days before the catching away. And it will be even worse for those who realize their grave mistake and are left behind to attempt to survive the 7 year TRIBULATION --- also known as the Time of Jacob's Troubles.

I believe the Bible is very clear that it will get a whole lot worse for believers in the last days before the catching away. And it will be even worse for those who realize their grave mistake and are left behind to attempt to survive the 7 year TRIBULATION --- also known as the Time of Jacob's Troubles.
But the Bible is a collection of fairy tales, written by wholly ignorant bronze and iron age people. They were feckin' dumb. They thought gods and fairies and demons and angels and "godlets" controlled everything. So why should anyone fear these old religious texts you bring to the table? What are these trinkets, Shaman?

I imagine it would be somewhat hard to be a religious nutball of any religious stripe, in our modern, enlightened society. This, obviously,is softened by the fact that religious nuts are numerous, thus causing the major religions to get a pass they do not deserve in our enlightened society.

But...can you imagine some freak at the party insisting that he is the son of a god, or some freak at work insisting that his pet gerbil is a god and we all must worship it, lest we burn in eternal fire? Naturally, we would all at least roll our eyes at this freak, at worst laugh him out of the room.

Remember this, the next time a person insists you must bow to a zombie god who lives in the sky, lest you suffer for eternity. Take a step back and imagine how you would field such bizarre, laughable claims, if that person were not endorsed by a major religion...itself an artifact of ignorant, iron age people.

A society that rejects the Lord their Heavenly Father is not enlightened. In order to receive enlightenment you need to be open to the light. Jesus is the light of the world

Last edited:
But the Bible is a collection of fairy tales, written by wholly ignorant bronze and iron age people. They were feckin' dumb. They thought gods and fairies and demons and angels and "godlets" controlled everything. So why should anyone fear these old religious texts you bring to the table? What are these trinkets, Shaman?

It’s not the Texts that men should fear but the Lord who those scriptures testify about. Our Father in heaven is a God of justice. Which means men will be accountable for what they do in this life and how they treat their neighbors

A society that rejects the Lord their Heavenly Father is not enlightened
100% wrong. A society that is lifted p buy the secular ideas of scientific enlightenment, classical liberalism, and secular government is "enlightened". We tossed out your version of "elighhtenment" with the medieval bathwater, along with the nastiness that goes with it. now, we tolerate your magical nonsense, because of classical liberalism.

It’s not the Texts that men should fear but the Lord who those scriptures testify about.
Shaman, you can take your goofy voodoo and your special, magical trinkets, and ESPECIALLY your disgusting, arrogant threats, and cram them up your holy 4ss.

Except for some of the monkeys here, I have NEVER heard or seen a Christian of any stripe be persecuted or given a hard time about anything. Well, a few people roll their eyes at the women who throw up their arms and holler PRAISE JESUS in our very buttoned up little community church. (They have since formed their own little church that meets in the Town Office, and no one rolls their eyes in FRONT of them.)

Just like the boogeyman that the Right is creating out of the Left, there seems to be an effort here to imagine an enemy where none exists, in order to give believers the glory of battling persecution.

If you guys would simply mind your own faith and let others mind theirs, there would be no clash whatsoever. You are trying to bring your faith into politics and legislate what is right and wrong according to your religion. That is not going to fly because this country was established in definite opposition to mixing church and state. From the shenanigans I see going on here, I can understand why they set it up that way, too.

She is on to us.

What do we do?

Except for some of the monkeys here, I have NEVER heard or seen a Christian of any stripe be persecuted or given a hard time about anything. Well, a few people roll their eyes at the women who throw up their arms and holler PRAISE JESUS in our very buttoned up little community church. (They have since formed their own little church that meets in the Town Office, and no one rolls their eyes in FRONT of them.)

Just like the boogeyman that the Right is creating out of the Left, there seems to be an effort here to imagine an enemy where none exists, in order to give believers the glory of battling persecution.

If you guys would simply mind your own faith and let others mind theirs, there would be no clash whatsoever. You are trying to bring your faith into politics and legislate what is right and wrong according to your religion. That is not going to fly because this country was established in definite opposition to mixing church and state. From the shenanigans I see going on here, I can understand why they set it up that way, too.

She is on to us.

What do we do?

Same think we do every night, Pinky: laugh at her and then ignore her.

The two faced politics of the world with so many focusing on harming America and Western liberty (many in positions of power within my own country!). It's turning the other cheek, avoiding mean words to describe certain people and trying NOT to despise them that I am finding increasingly difficult at times.

Thank you for your time.

That is all. As you were.

Well, first, I am not Canadian and my nation (Thank God) has not made speech illegal. Nor, per the First Amendment, could it. I can say that abortion and homosexuality is a sin and not worry for jail time and etc.

That said, however. Being a Christian has always been "very difficult" and that, I'm guessing, has always been an internal battle first. Even Paul said "Who can save me from this body of death"? (Romans 7:24). Despite the preachings of the "prosperity gospel" (which is no Gospel at all), Christianity has never been about comfort. That's why Jesus called it the narrow road.

One more thing. I don't think we were ever meant not to despise evil DEEDS and ideas. In 2018 everything is a mushy jumble. We cannot separate people from ideas. Some people have some very, very awful ideas. For example, I abhor abortion: I hate it. But I do not hate the women who have had abortions, and I can say this with a clear conscience.

Modern people actually hate that I hate abortion and not the women. They don't understand it.They hate that I hate evil. They have not been taught to hate evil ideas. The are allergic to the very proposition. They don't even understand good and evil anymore, so that *I* am actually evil for understanding it. That's where we are. But I don't care; I will speak it while I still can.

Many claim to be Jesus' servants. He taught FEW will find the road. Could it be because of the mass of confusion all of creation is seeing in 34,000 different religions that claim to be Christian? Yes it is.
I see ONE being a Christian religion according to 1 Corinthians 1:10-- Unity of thought( all matters of Gods truth) no division. God was only with-ONE religion in the OT. There is no need for any others. One truth.
It doesn't matter what others think, they aren't promising -Life everlasting--only God is.

The two faced politics of the world with so many focusing on harming America and Western liberty (many in positions of power within my own country!). It's turning the other cheek, avoiding mean words to describe certain people and trying NOT to despise them that I am finding increasingly difficult at times.

Thank you for your time.

Well, first, I am not Canadian and my nation (Thank God) has not made speech illegal. Nor, per the First Amendment, could it. I can say that abortion and homosexuality is a sin and not worry for jail time and etc.

That said, however. Being a Christian has always been "very difficult" and that, I'm guessing, has always been an internal battle first. Even Paul said "Who can save me from this body of death"? (Romans 7:24). Despite the preachings of the "prosperity gospel" (which is no Gospel at all), Christianity has never been about comfort. That's why Jesus called it the narrow road.

One more thing. I don't think we were ever meant not to despise evil DEEDS and ideas. In 2018 everything is a mushy jumble. We cannot separate people from ideas. Some people have some very, very awful ideas. For example, I abhor abortion: I hate it. But I do not hate the women who have had abortions, and I can say this with a clear conscience.

Modern people actually hate that I hate abortion and not the women. They don't understand it.They hate that I hate evil. They have not been taught to hate evil ideas. The are allergic to the very proposition. They don't even understand good and evil anymore, so that *I* am actually evil for understanding it. That's where we are. But I don't care; I will speak it while I still can.
you HATE the sin....and I have no doubt people like YOU will PUNISH the "sinner".....

Thank you for your time.

you HATE the sin....and I have no doubt people like YOU will PUNISH the "sinner".....

You've told us only what YOU are like, and nothing at all what Sue is like.

Thank you for your time.

Poor newbie....are you just another wanderer who is confusing Christianity with radical Islam? Projecting again?

European, I'm guessing?

Forum List

Back