Just for fun....Smartest (and least smart) Presidents

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
Based on a complex study gauging IQ scores (derived from writings from long-passed presidents) here are the derived scores of the "smartest" ones:

John Quincy Adams....169
Thomas Jefferson.......154
JFK..............................151
Clinton.........................149
Wilson & Carter...........145

.......and the "least smartest" ones:

Andrew Johnson..........126
GWB............................125
Harding & Monroe.......124
Grant...........................120

No hidden political agenda, folks.

JFK never wrote anything by himself. Wilson & Carter may have been smart, but they were terribly inept Presidents. Where do Washington and Lincoln stand?

It surprises me that JFK ranked so high and that Monroe so low. But low for Grant places him in the 89/90th percentile. So they all were by score quite bright.

"The average IQ of the population as a whole is, by definition, 100. IQs range from 0 to above 200, and among children, to above 250. However, about 50% of the population have IQs between 89 and 111, and about 80% of the population have IQs ranging between 80 and 120, with 10% lying below 80, and 10% falling above 120."

Definition of IQ

Where's Garfield?

A guy who can write in Latin in one hand and Greek in the other, that's impressive.

Where's Garfield?
Cleveland
5598357104_927f0b3ea2.jpg

It is a meaningless thing. "Smart" means lots of different things. Andrew Carnegie never read a book, besides the Bible. Yet he was a multi millionaire. Ditto Henry Ford. Lyndon Johnson was the product of an Ag School teacher's college and was one of the most effective presidents ever. Obama went to Harvard Law and has been dismal failure. My grandfather was 2 years behind FDR at Columbia Law School and remarked on how stupid he was and wondered how he made it through.

We all know the story. FDR probably snubbed him and the other Jews. So what is your point? Snubs and Grudges.

We all know the story. FDR probably snubbed him and the other Jews. So what is your point? Snubs and Grudges.
Jake, sometimes I just wonder about you. Then I'm glad I dont see your posts.
FDR was a notorious Jew-hater. His administration was among the worst in history. His polciies were total failures and are recognized as such everywhere outide of academe.

FDR was a notorious Jew-hater. His administration was among the worst in history. His polciies were total failures and are recognized as such everywhere outide of academe.

-- says the wag toting around a slave trader responsible for the Fort Pillow massacre in his avatar... :rofl:

Based on a complex study gauging IQ scores (derived from writings from long-passed presidents) here are the derived scores of the "smartest" ones:

John Quincy Adams....169
Thomas Jefferson.......154
JFK..............................151
Clinton.........................149
Wilson & Carter...........145

.......and the "least smartest" ones:

Andrew Johnson..........126
GWB............................125
Harding & Monroe.......124
Grant...........................120

No hidden political agenda, folks.

Makes one wonder what caveats are in the source material when a link isn't provided.

Anyone who believes that IQ is a determinant of how smart someone is would likely have an IQ of 60 or so.

-- says the wag toting around a slave trader responsible for the Fort Pillow massacre in his avatar... :rofl:
The Rabbi reads everyone of my posts. I am his drug, his addiction, his downfall. That will never change.

Forum List

Back