Just for Fun, Apparantly

Originally posted by crazy canadian

(You do realize there are lots of good ideas out there hidden amongst some pretty messed up ones, like mine, and people are too shy (or weak, as some of you put it) to post them on this board because they are afraid of being attacked. Some of these ideas should be listened to, I think there should be a thread started just for people's ideas who are afraid of being attacked, a moderator could keep them safe)

Members can post their ideas but then support them at the best of their ability. It should be expected that other members will take a contrary position regardless of the idea. That is the nature of this board. There is a mix of different ideologies present here contributing to different sides of an issue or idea. Really that is what most members are looking for from this board. If a member is afraid to present an idea or position they must have doubts about what it is they are talking about.

That's why it's a good idea to post it anyway. There will always be someone to throw a link or two at you....sort of give YOU something to think about :D

I understand you want to help, but being helpful and the reality people live in are very different. Try helping at a women's shelter, then you may see how much more important affordable housing and rent control is againt eco-friendly housing developments. I'm open to correction if anyone is willing :D

I'm serious about each of you making a list just like gopjeff. Don't be afraid to be attacked like I was. Now I have more to think about. I want it to be easier for people to see your ideas, it's too difficult to go back through all the posts and threads to find out what you've been talking about. Anyone new who shows up at the board won't know what you're all about.

Here's gopjeff's again:

Well, let's see (this is a mix of federal. state, and local law):

1. Dump the current tax system, especially the anti-capitalist Alternate Minimum Tax. Impose a flat 18% income tax on all income above the poverty level.
2. Legalize marijuana. Tax and regulate like tobacco.
3. Dump campaign finance reform. Remove all limits to hard money and require all contributions to be posted within 24 hours of receipt.
4. Dump the mandatory seatbelt laws.
5. Raise the national speed limit to 80.
6. Relax environmental regulations, in coordination with both non-radical environmental groups and businesses.
7. Invalidate Roe v. Wade. Allow states to decide whether abortion should be legal or not.
8. Remove all international tarrifs, except on nations that impose tariffs on us - including OPEC.
9. Drill in ANWR, and other offshore areas where oil reserves are known to be. Continue to encourage alternate energy sources, like windmills off the Massachusets coast.
10. Allow individual property owners to improve their land without interference from the EPA.

That good for starters?

I agree. And we can't take away all struggle, but everyone struggles too much as it is.

Wah wah wah...oh, my life is so horrible because it isn't going smoothly with free resources...don't you ever get tired of complaining? Suck it up. Life's a bitch, get a helmet.

I'm going to the pool, that I wish was warmed by power from the wind, but it's not.

With statements like this, pick one of the following quotes and repeat it to yourself.

1. "You can wish in one hand and crap in the other, and see which gets filled up first." -Grandpa Gustafson 'Grumpier Old Men'

2. "Well, I want a toilet made of solid gold, but it's not in the cards, now is it baby?"- Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me

Now we know how fuzzykitten feels. Is there anyone else who is brave enough not to just attack, but actually list out their ideas?
Or is gopjeff the only one, and all you come to this board for is to fight each other and push out the people who you don't want here?

Now we know how fuzzykitten feels. Is there anyone else who is brave enough not to just attack, but actually list out their ideas?
Or is gopjeff the only one, and all you come to this board for is to fight each other and push out the people who you don't want here?

I believe if you take your views and reverse them, then you'll have my views.

Rtwng, I'm JUST DEVELOPPING my views. Could you list some of yours here? I think enough people respect you on this board that you can do that. If it's too much trouble, that's ok. I understand.

quote]
fuzzykitten99 wrote on 06-05-2004 09:02 AM:
crazy canadian wrote on 06-05-2004 10:54 AM:

Fuzzy kitten, I could go on and on telling you how I fit into this country.
Just know that my daughter nearly died several times in the fall and that's just the tip of the iceberg.
I'm not about to start telling my problems to the world, I am only interested in talking about how to fix things, not in attacking other people. Why don't you be brave enough to list your views?
I have nothing against you, and you should have nothing against me.

Fuzzykitten:
I won't send you any more private messages, and thanx for getting back to me. Good luck moving. I've done that like 10 times in the past 4 years. I was asking you to bravely list your views on anything, because like you, I have a life outside of these message boards and I don't have time to go through everyone's old posts to get caught up.
You don't have to ever list your ideas on my thread, I'm just asking people to list out ideas as a sort of summary.
Maybe it won't work, and I'll never be able to find out what everyone is going on about, and that's ok too. I'll just shut off my computer and hope everyone else starts pulling together left-winged and right-winged ideas until solutions start forming.
I'm off camping now, so later everyone.

Rtwng, I'm JUST DEVELOPPING my views. Could you list some of yours here? I think enough people respect you on this board that you can do that. If it's too much trouble, that's ok. I understand.

1. Individual rights as opposed to theoretical group rights.
2. Free markets as opposed to overregulated or nonexistant markets
3. Self reliance and accepting the consequences of our actions, instead of blaming others, or the world, or whitey
4. Using America's military to protect the expansion of these values around the globe, with the recognition that tyrants will try to get us if they can, and that tyrants cannot be trusted, and that mere "containment" is untenable in the nuclear/biochem era.

Just a few. My views are well expounded throughout the site.

Thanks for taking the time, rtwng.
Everything I wrote was thought up, written, and posted in the same night. Except for the poem.
It helped me get a foot in, and now I can get serious about this stuff. I just got back from camping in the rain for two nights. Saw an owl for the first time in years, it was cool.
I will take time when I have it to try and figure out what else you've been posting.
Anyone else willing to post a summary like rtwing?

Thanks in advance.

Forum List

Back