Just Feeling Blah

Granny

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2009
Rocky Top, TN
'Twas a rainy - and I mean RAINY day yesterday ... from the looks of it, maybe more rain today. On the up side, I won't have to up my water bill by watering my plants. I have plenty to do inside ... maybe I'll do some of it, maybe I won't.

So ... maybe I'll just get some petty gossip going on - I'm plum worn out over politics. I've been mulling over my new downstairs neighbors. This is actually a very friendly, social neighborhood ... and they have seemingly made a lot of enemies out of everybody. I don't get it. I stay informed, but basically stay out of the actual fray.

I'm the longest staying resident (10 years) down at my end of our building ... and I've had some good and questionable neighbors (apartment living is sometimes very transient). There's never been a parking problem in all those years. For the last 4 years, I've had great neighbors - we socialize, party together, drink together, smoke together, worry and console each other when life throws a curve, pass meals to each other - which for me has been a wonderful thing while working long hard hours - that my neighbors sometimes bring me a home-cooked meal.

Now we have these new people making trouble. First it was the (on going) Parking Wars. Each unit has one assigned parking slot ... any additional vehicles should be parked in one of the many open spaces across the driveway - it's a narrow one way drive around the circle. At our end of the building there is one handicap place, one open space - and the rest are assigned - and everybody has been very happy with the parking situation and who parks where. Now these new "Badass Redneck Texan" neighbors have decided the ONE open space is their personal parking spot - as soon as that space is empty - they move whichever vehicle out of the assigned space and park it in the open one so nobody else can use it ... leaving their assigned spot open for their other vehicle (it's too far to walk for the mother's 275 pound self to walk across the drive). They're out there at night measuring the distance between vehicles, holding up traffic ... it's a mess! They both have vehicles big enough to kill a buffalo - I have to inch my way out of my parking space because I can't see over, under or around their vehicles - and I have a mid-sized SUV!

After one neighbor (who has always peacefully parked in the open space) defied orders from the new people that she is not to park there ... the new neighbor showed up at the old neighbors' door ... with dinner. God, did they regret that. They thanked the new neighbor, ate the dinner ... and spent the rest of the night - both of them - sitting on the shitter. Good thing these apartments have two full bathrooms, or it would have been a hell of a mess. We can't ACCUSE ... but we THINK ... that "dinner" may have had a good dose of Vissine in it. And so it goes ... we're not supposed to smoke because the new people don't like the smell, I'm not supposed to water my plants ... ahhhh. Like hell! I paid good money for my plants!

OK - I think I'm done.

It's supposed to rain here all week.
Our neighbors are jerks. We have 2 really nice/good neighbors, the rest are snobs and very rude.

Expecting rain here for the next week.

but the only snob in the area is me.

'Twas a rainy - and I mean RAINY day yesterday ... from the looks of it, maybe more rain today. On the up side, I won't have to up my water bill by watering my plants. I have plenty to do inside ... maybe I'll do some of it, maybe I won't.

So ... maybe I'll just get some petty gossip going on - I'm plum worn out over politics. I've been mulling over my new downstairs neighbors. This is actually a very friendly, social neighborhood ... and they have seemingly made a lot of enemies out of everybody. I don't get it. I stay informed, but basically stay out of the actual fray.

I'm the longest staying resident (10 years) down at my end of our building ... and I've had some good and questionable neighbors (apartment living is sometimes very transient). There's never been a parking problem in all those years. For the last 4 years, I've had great neighbors - we socialize, party together, drink together, smoke together, worry and console each other when life throws a curve, pass meals to each other - which for me has been a wonderful thing while working long hard hours - that my neighbors sometimes bring me a home-cooked meal.

Now we have these new people making trouble. First it was the (on going) Parking Wars. Each unit has one assigned parking slot ... any additional vehicles should be parked in one of the many open spaces across the driveway - it's a narrow one way drive around the circle. At our end of the building there is one handicap place, one open space - and the rest are assigned - and everybody has been very happy with the parking situation and who parks where. Now these new "Badass Redneck Texan" neighbors have decided the ONE open space is their personal parking spot - as soon as that space is empty - they move whichever vehicle out of the assigned space and park it in the open one so nobody else can use it ... leaving their assigned spot open for their other vehicle (it's too far to walk for the mother's 275 pound self to walk across the drive). They're out there at night measuring the distance between vehicles, holding up traffic ... it's a mess! They both have vehicles big enough to kill a buffalo - I have to inch my way out of my parking space because I can't see over, under or around their vehicles - and I have a mid-sized SUV!

After one neighbor (who has always peacefully parked in the open space) defied orders from the new people that she is not to park there ... the new neighbor showed up at the old neighbors' door ... with dinner. God, did they regret that. They thanked the new neighbor, ate the dinner ... and spent the rest of the night - both of them - sitting on the shitter. Good thing these apartments have two full bathrooms, or it would have been a hell of a mess. We can't ACCUSE ... but we THINK ... that "dinner" may have had a good dose of Vissine in it. And so it goes ... we're not supposed to smoke because the new people don't like the smell, I'm not supposed to water my plants ... ahhhh. Like hell! I paid good money for my plants!

OK - I think I'm done.
I'll hope for you that they move out soon.

We water our neighbors and eat our plants, the neighbors did not want it the other way around.

Well, I slept much of the day yesterday ... good rain, good sleepin'!! At least I wasn't jarred out of my sleep by the constant SLAMMING of the door downstairs ... literally shakes the whole place. What I really want to do every time that happens is stomp on my floor as hard as I can about a dozen times. But I don't. :D Already had the displeasure some decades back of having a Texan shove a gun in my face. What kind of people do they raise down there?

Well, I slept much of the day yesterday ... good rain, good sleepin'!! At least I wasn't jarred out of my sleep by the constant SLAMMING of the door downstairs ... literally shakes the whole place. What I really want to do every time that happens is stomp on my floor as hard as I can about a dozen times. But I don't. :D Already had the displeasure some decades back of having a Texan shove a gun in my face. What kind of people do they raise down there?

Everything is bigger in Texas...so I am told.

And here I thought I was the only one dealing with tons of rain. ;)

So sorry you are feeling blah Granny

I have been watching all your weather Kat. Do you use an umbrella or just have a favorite rain hat?

No. Mister Kat holds it for me...and I do not have a rain hat. LOL

Well, only out. Car is in the garage, so I can get in and not get wet..Kat's don't like water , ya know.

LOL! Thanks - I'll get over it! Come July and August I'll probably be praying for rain! Nothing more than the changes in the seasons.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat

OK - I think I'm done.
I'll hope for you that they move out soon.

Rotsa ruck, OldLady!! It's a new damned lease. Although the rental office is very much aware of the situation and have personally come down here to try to straighten out the situation. We have great property management here. Nerves are still unraveling, but much more of this and these people may move. This woman has a daughter and grandchildren up in KY ... I don't know why she just didn't continue further north in the first place ... it's only 50 more miles (give or take a mile to the state line. Maybe her daughter doesn't want her either. :dunno:

Holy Crap!!! Boy, did all hell break loose here tonight. Thank God ... I was not involved. I decided I wanted Chinese, so I went to the Chinese place ... I was gone probably 15 minutes, tops. And all hell had broken loose - as I got out of my car which was parked in MY assigned space, one of my neighbors is on the phone screaming for the property manager to come down ... she's called the police ... the new neighbor was cursing her out and pulled a knife on her. Man, I came flying upstairs and locked my door behind me. Nobody got arrested, but these Parking Wars really, really, really came to a head tonight. Oh ... my ... GOD!!!!

I can hardly wait for your Friday night.

Oh, puh-leeze! LOL! I'm working on my second brandy for the night and smoking like a factory chimney!! It is SOOOOO quiet and peaceful right now. I will very probably NOT be jolted out of my sleep with slamming doors - I put in a maintenance request for the downstairs people to have their door fixed. The door slamming jolts the bejesus out of these units - another issue - the slamming of doors downstairs. These are the BEST built, most beautiful building layout in terms of privacy, best maintenance/management apartments I have ever lived in. There was another screaming/door slamming episode yesterday with these people while I was at work. Property management talked to everybody tonight (except me) and hopefully this problem will go away OR the irritating people downstairs from me will go away.

Hopefully management realizes the monetary and community damage they are doing. Still, getting someone to move is hard and takes time. Perhaps a return of their security deposit and last months rent would make it easier for them to leave.

Forum List

Back