Just curious?

Staff should be paid. USMB makes enough money with their continual ads and donations...so hoarding it all for themselves is pretty sucky. It doesn't have to be a huge amount, but it should be SOMETHING.
Maybe they should look into extra income from companies that PAY posters to contribute to boards. You get paid if you post whether you are staff or not..and they get a percentage as well. Or, man up and PAY YOUR EMPLOYEES.

7 Companies that Provides Paid Forum Posting Jobs

When I had my board, I paid my staff. 3 admins with me as head admin, 1 moderator. They each got 20 bucks per month...mod got 10. This was back in the day...way long ago. Nowadays, mods should get 20 to 25 per month, admins at least 40. This comes out of the DONATIONS members paid to keep my board afloat of which I was the major contributor. I had money back then. Not so much now, no, but still...I paid those who worked for me AND my board.

Staff should be paid. USMB makes enough money with their continual ads and donations...so hoarding it all for themselves is pretty sucky. It doesn't have to be a huge amount, but it should be SOMETHING.
Maybe they should look into extra income from companies that PAY posters to contribute to boards. You get paid if you post whether you are staff or not..and they get a percentage as well. Or, man up and PAY YOUR EMPLOYEES.

7 Companies that Provides Paid Forum Posting Jobs

When I had my board, I paid my staff. 3 admins with me as head admin, 1 moderator. They each got 20 bucks per month...mod got 10. This was back in the day...way long ago. Nowadays, mods should get 20 to 25 per month, admins at least 40. This comes out of the DONATIONS members paid to keep my board afloat of which I was the major contributor. I had money back then. Not so much now, no, but still...I paid those who worked for me AND my board.
What are the legal issues that arise if moderators are paid? Does minimum wage kick in?

Last edited:
Private message boards are not a democracy. If they are paid..they take more interest in making sure the board runs smoothly and also help get membership to grow, while removing problem members that will cause the downfall of said board. Non paying staff should do the same but the perks are better and more helpful when they are PAID. Even if its a little bit.
Hint: Its called PAYPAL. They get paid every month out of the advertising money and donation money. A happy staff is a happy board.

Why would they pay them when they can get people to do it for free?
Well..they can do that. But why not pay them if it can be afforded? It doesn't cost 400+ bucks a month to run this board.
Volunteering is all fine and dandy, but....I paid for those who helped me run my board. But thats me.

Just sayin.

Well..they can do that. But why not pay them if it can be afforded? It doesn't cost 400+ bucks a month to run this board.
Volunteering is all fine and dandy, but....I paid for those who helped me run my board. But thats me.

Just sayin.

I think this place is being run by some organization that hosts several message boards. We should ask flacaltenn. He should know. He mentioned something about it before in another thread, but I can't really remember.

It always has been. I know the one that started USMB, and he sold it. It's a few that own it. Not sure I would call them an organization.

FF has multi boards, yes.
If people want to donate their time to moderate, fine. No problem. I'm just saying for ME....I don't like taking something for nothing if I can avoid doing that. I use this board and do not donate because I can't right now. But I donate my time. Which is hits. Which means money for the owners because advertisers are not interested in dinky boards. They want BIG ones that are very busy. And advertisers pay those board owners. So why not share a bit with the hardworking staff? No, they don't have to, but it would a nice thing to do for those who are here sharing the load of herding the cats.

Everyone that makes fun of DF should rethink that. He is right. Members get paid to post on boards, depending on what company they sign up with and which boards are involved. Screens mean people. People mean hits. Hits means money.
Ever wonder why most boards will NOT remove your name if you join and decide you do not want to stay? Its because the more registered members, the MORE MONEY.

Because, like it or not, money makes the world go around, and if a company, person, whatever can get something for free, they are not going to pay for it instead. Profit margins count.

Just sayin.

I think this place is being run by some organization that hosts several message boards. We should ask flacaltenn. He should know. He mentioned something about it before in another thread, but I can't really remember.

Yeah. Forum Foundries is contracted by the owners of many sites for IT/Maintenance. Go to the Home Page and at the bottom you'll see "popular links". Many of these are maintained by FF... When CK was here, FF had a more "vertical" business and did a lot functions. Was more involved in daily grind type of of Board operations.

NOW -- you just got us. Those folks crazy enough to volunteer to be slimed and defamed constantly by nearly everyone. :whip:

Just sayin.

Yeah. Forum Foundries is contracted by the owners of many sites for IT/Maintenance. Go to the Home Page and at the bottom you'll see "popular links". Many of these are maintained by FF... When CK was here, FF had a more "vertical" business and did a lot functions. Was more involved in daily grind type of of Board operations.

NOW -- you just got us. Those folks crazy enough to volunteer to be slimed and defamed constantly by nearly everyone. :whip:

Hey, you signed up for it. As if you didn't know it would be a thankless job? :D Poor baby.

Does this board or any board even make a profit? I don't really know much about the inner workings of message boards. :dunno:
I suspect if someone isn't making some money for someone, the board isn't going to last long term.

Just sayin.

Hey, you signed up for it. As if you didn't know it would be a thankless job? :D Poor baby.

Toughens me up. I'm obviously irresistible and charming. I needed a more threatening audience to test my limits. :cool:

Because, like it or not, money makes the world go around, and if a company, person, whatever can get something for free, they are not going to pay for it instead. Profit margins count.
True. But not every company thinks that way.

Just sayin.

Do you guys at least get a xmas bonus????

And..ya get what ya pay for. Maybe this forum is just a hobby now for FF?

Forum List

Back