Just curious..., what is a robot?

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
It's listed where the number of members are on line and the number of robots. What does a robot mean? And how does someone become a guest? Are they not accepted as the rest of us were?

Well usually they are just referred to as bots.

They are essentially AI programs, probably used by the site's administration or a search engine company. Sometimes they are more advanced, and can be used for more malicious tasks, such as spam or.... dare I say it..... campaign advertising!

Last edited:
What if Jackson were a bot trying to cover its identify?
Well, if I am one, I'm not very good at it. I'm still not sure what it is a search engine for....for the search feature of this board? And what is an AL program. And, why would the message board allow mal ware on their site? TIA

Well, if I am one, I'm not very good at it. I'm still not sure what it is a search engine for....

Search engines such as Google run bots to collect data.

And what is an AL program.

AI, or artificial intelligence.

And, why would the message board allow mal ware on their site? TIA

It isn't malware, and spambots are usually not wanted.

Sometimes it can be difficult to distinguish them from humans, which is why many sites have you perform certain activities when creating your account.

Well, if I am one, I'm not very good at it. I'm still not sure what it is a search engine for....

Search engines such as Google run bots to collect data.

And what is an AL program.

AI, or artificial intelligence.

And, why would the message board allow mal ware on their site? TIA

It isn't malware, and spambots are usually not wanted.

Sometimes it can be difficult to distinguish them from human accounts, which is why many sites have you perform certain activities when creating your account.
I am guessing they allow this to enhance revenue? Thanks for the info.

I am guessing they allow this to enhance revenue?

A variety of reasons.

Collecting information and advertising are the two biggest. Sometimes they have been used on forum boards to control conversations.

Oh, that is interesting. Do you know how that works. Does it happen here?

I am not an expert on the subject, or on this sites security.

Campaign bots seems like a more credible theory than paid campaign posters. You should ask an administrator.

It's listed where the number of members are on line and the number of robots. What does a robot mean? And how does someone become a guest? Are they not accepted as the rest of us were?

Guests can view upstairs threads, but cannot respond to any of them. You can be an unlogged in member and that would be guest status as well. Please consider altering your programming or we will auto delete.

A Robot.

f2-robots-attack-at-lunar-echo-basecamp_mpoxt.jpg

A Maniac Robot.

b120a0393b297841381bf96228db6413.jpg

Forum List

Back