Just clarify

SillyWabbit

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2011
Yep
I'm not knowledgeable regarding Islam. Are others allowed to have their own faith without persecution or subjugation, according to Qur'an?

I'm not a Bible/Torah/pick your book expert either. Same question.

I know people love to twist whatever thing they believe in to suit their own beliefs beyond whatever religious text(s) they pretend to read (or read thoroughly or read the wrong version of, blah, blah, blah)--all of which are entirely from some Godly source and also entirely accurate.

Can the people who follow these books and beliefs stomach one another, or must we all live in fear that the wrong font or a misplaced notion or a fart in the wrong direction will end in fire bombs and beheadings?

ironm.jpg

Shanti?

:confused:

Well one does not need to read the Koran or the Bible to know the history of what happened to those religions or what those religions did when they had control over nations, either.

Look at how Christendom grew from the 1st century to the 4th. It grew because people CHOOSE to accept it.

Now compare that to the grow of Islam from the 7th century until the 12th century.

It's spread was nearly entirely BY THE SWORD.

Now I am NOT saying that once in control, either religion is a religion of peace. Clearly BOTH of them became opporessive intolerant religions the moment they were in power.

But I AM SAYING that the philosophy of Islam advocated in spreading the faith by war, and the philosophy of Christianity did not.

As with many points in religious books, this is difficult to resolve as there are apparent contradictions.

The problem with any belief is that it is an internal affair. Projecting it out into the universe and then inflicting it on others is common, but existentially ridiculous.

Last edited:
In my experience, Christianity is only respected in Islamic countries.

Both Jesus and John the Baptist are revered, and Christians are alway welcome to visit mosques and talk to people.

Judaism is different because Muslims believe that Jews do not worship 'God' in the same sense Muslims and Christians do.

I'm not knowledgeable regarding Islam. Are others allowed to have their own faith without persecution or subjugation, according to Qur'an?

I'm not a Bible/Torah/pick your book expert either. Same question.

I know people love to twist whatever thing they believe in to suit their own beliefs beyond whatever religious text(s) they pretend to read (or read thoroughly or read the wrong version of, blah, blah, blah)--all of which are entirely from some Godly source and also entirely accurate.

Can the people who follow these books and beliefs stomach one another, or must we all live in fear that the wrong font or a misplaced notion or a fart in the wrong direction will end in fire bombs and beheadings?

ironm.jpg

Shanti?

:confused:

In Christianity you are to just leave the person or people and let God take care of them on Judgement day.

Matthew 10:14-15
If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet.15 Truly I tell you, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town.

There are two thoughts on that. In Matthew, Christ is telling some seventy disciples in real time, to preach in certain areas and if they are not accepted to move on.
Then there is Paul, who would get his butt kicked and thrown out of the city gates. When he regained consciousness, he brushed himself off and waltzed right back in.
And John the Baptist was beheaded because he wouldn't shut up. He kept yelling at Herod from the dungeon, "Leave your brother's wife alone" !!!!

The Koran wants good muslims to kill all the infidels (non-believers) wherever they find them.

But all religions pit their followers against the other religions, so it's not exclusive to muslims to hate those who don't believe in the same fairy tales that you do.

short answer - NO. mohamhead abhorred critics & criticism and went out of his way to murder them, his followers do the same. sharia law prohibits criticism of islam, mohamhead, the koran etc etc

longer answer - clik & start reading, plenty of links, quotes from koran & hadiths

http://www.usmessageboard.com/relig...s-a-horrible-ideology-for-human-rights-3.html
^^ thread this forum

Forum List

Back