Just before his 5th birthday my son found Islam

eots

no fly list
Jan 6, 2007
IN TH HEARTS AND MINDS OF FREE MEN
He plays this video about ten times a day for days on end now . he has all the words memorized and makes Me sing it to go to sleep...weird

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r1hgXWckno]YouTube - Hush little baby[/ame]

He plays this video about ten times a day for days on end now . he has all the words memorized and makes Me sing it to go to sleep...weird

YouTube - Hush little baby

Nice tune, soothing voice, platitudinous words...what's not to like?
Meanwhile, a 4 year old has unrestricted access to the net? Really?

his computer has a family filter but as you say nothing overtly offensive in this video and as much as possible I do prefer to let him develop his own self censorship rather than create forbidden fruit syndromes..allowing him independence in selecting what interest him and the process of discovering new things it has been an excellent motivation for him to learn to spell and type words ...so while I would not call it unrestricted access,,;he has his own computer with his stuff on it and works it pretty good and can go nuts on his google searches with the family filter on and explore. its interesting to see what they choose

YouTube - Hush little baby

his computer has a family filter but as you say nothing overtly offensive in this video and as much as possible I do prefer to let him develop his own self censorship rather than create forbidden fruit syndromes..allowing him independence in selecting what interest him and the process of discovering new things it has been an excellent motivation for him to learn to spell and type words ...so while I would not call it unrestricted access,,;he has his own computer with his stuff on it and works it pretty good and can go nuts on his google searches with the family filter on and explore. its interesting to see what they choose

At FOUR?
Okay, I raised free range children myself, and he shares, so there's room to discuss. Smart fucking kid you got there, by the way. I was still trying (and failing) to convey the concept of gravity (don't walk off the porch, coffee table, dresser) to mine at 4. Turned out alright, both of them (22 and 18), but it was touch and go at times. I am pleased with the results though, and I never filtered their exposure either, although we didn't hive computers when they were that young (DIRT poor). We did discuss television though, and I would walk into a room to tell them that THAT wasn't a representation of reality.

At FOUR?
Okay, I raised free range children myself, and he shares, so there's room to discuss. Smart fucking kid you got there, by the way. I was still trying (and failing) to convey the concept of gravity (don't walk off the porch, coffee table, dresser) to mine at 4. Turned out alright, both of them (22 and 18), but it was touch and go at times. I am pleased with the results though, and I never filtered their exposure either, although we didn't hive computers when they were that young (DIRT poor). We did discuss television though, and I would walk into a room to tell them that THAT wasn't a representation of reality.

He turns 5 on aug 17th....his brother turned 24 on aug 8th his sister turns 21
on the 14th...so we are having a multi all in one birthday party tomorrow

that is one of the oldest lullibyes....i sang the orginal to my son....generations have grown up on the song....hush pretty baby dont say a word...daddy's gonna buy you a mockingbird....

English Nasheeds have always seemed a bit strange to me, especially when they're geared toward kids...

I could not listen to that but for 5 seconds.

Reminds if the barney song.

His other obsession right now is a Japanese show ,, rhyme time with rhymey and rhymer..
Show him this:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wtm7RfUv24]YouTube - Japanese Toilet Training with Shimajiro (w/ English Subtitles)[/ame]

Great toilet training video, or greatest toilet training video?

Forum List

Back