Just assume the position, Harry!

I'm sorry, but I do not believe a word Reid says; see him as little more than another Washington opportunist and in most cases a little less. Perhaps a lot less.

Reid: 'I Have My Eye on What I Need to Do'

By Chris Cillizza
Monday, May 4, 2009

washingtonpost.com

I guess I don't see the connection to the title you gave your thread. Who do you think Reid will bend over for? His Nevada constituents, Senate colleagues, or Obama?

Frankly the way congressional leadership is established also sucks. It almost always goes to the most tenured people, who obviously are often not the most qualified. Harry Reid was just another schlepper before he was elected Senate leader. Pelosi, on the other hand, has been a kitchen table name for years among pols because she has never been bashful about her goal and her agenda to get there. In my opinion, she's dangerous. Reid is not.

By Chris Cillizza
Monday, May 4, 2009

washingtonpost.com

I guess I don't see the connection to the title you gave your thread. Who do you think Reid will bend over for? His Nevada constituents, Senate colleagues, or Obama?

Now see? You did get the connection after all. What he has his "eye on" is getting re-elected....

Frankly the way congressional leadership is established also sucks. It almost always goes to the most tenured people, who obviously are often not the most qualified. Harry Reid was just another schlepper before he was elected Senate leader. Pelosi, on the other hand, has been a kitchen table name for years among pols because she has never been bashful about her goal and her agenda to get there. In my opinion, she's dangerous. Reid is not.

Really? Reid also assumed the position when it came to filling Obama's empty Senate seat. Pretty dangerous stuff, if you ask me.

Emptywheel » Reid On Tape Manipulating Illinois Senate Seat Before Blago’s Arrest

By Chris Cillizza
Monday, May 4, 2009

washingtonpost.com

Now see? You did get the connection after all. What he has his "eye on" is getting re-elected....

Really? Reid also assumed the position when it came to filling Obama's empty Senate seat. Pretty dangerous stuff, if you ask me.

Emptywheel » Reid On Tape Manipulating Illinois Senate Seat Before Blago’s Arrest

The seat had to be filled, period, and it couldn't really wait for an ideal candidate. Burris was seen as the better choice than, say Jesse Jackson Jr. Reid didn't want either, but "bent" to the urgency of the situation. If it had been allowed to go on indefinitely, there would now be 2 vacant Senate seats while the foes faced off.

In the meantime, Harry Reid was completely within his rights to confer with the then governor of Illinois about who would be appointed to the seat.

The seat had to be filled, period, and it couldn't really wait for an ideal candidate. Burris was seen as the better choice than, say Jesse Jackson Jr. Reid didn't want either, but "bent" to the urgency of the situation. If it had been allowed to go on indefinitely, there would now be 2 vacant Senate seats while the foes faced off.

In the meantime, Harry Reid was completely within his rights to confer with the then governor of Illinois about who would be appointed to the seat.

Excuse me, but what was the damned hurry? Is the Senate business not getting done? That can't be the case, 'cause I receive Congressional updates weekly on what's been passed and what's on their agenda for the coming week.

So what we had was "assuming the position" because we just had to have a black replacement for the black vacancy, and screw the facts -- that he did in fact have direct contacts with Blagojovich that dealt with quid pro quo, and the fact that he lied to the panel, including Reid. So, Reid, who was originally against the appointment agreed to it (assuming the position), and the filling of the seat was delayed anyway. Great job!

You suppose he should have listened to the State legislature in the first place? Oh wait.... Leading DEMOCRATS blocked efforts for a special election when Burris was a contender.... A special election that was inevitable anyway.... And that has now been held and decided.... No muss, no fuss.

So,
"The seat had to be filled, period, and it couldn't really wait for an ideal candidate." doesn't pass the smell test.

By Chris Cillizza
Monday, May 4, 2009

washingtonpost.com

Of course Obama would appeal to that whackjob Reid. The people who put Reid in the Senate should not be allowed to vote. It's obviously a responsibility beyond their intellectual capabilities.

Interesting that the one's who don't give a shit about anything except retaining their seats keep their seats, and the ones that do give a shit get voted out. There's something wrong with this picture.

Interesting that the one's who don't give a shit about anything except retaining their seats keep their seats, and the ones that do give a shit get voted out. There's something wrong with this picture.

its called voting for my party......even if it is no good for the country

New Topics

Forum List

Back