Just as I thought, age a huge factor in divorce

I've always thought in today's age that about 30 years old is the right age to get married.

Do you have any evidence that marriages starting at around age 30 are more successful than those that start in the early 20s? (Second marriages fail at a higher rate than first marriages, which suggests you're wrong about being married at an older age.)

Marriage rocks. Getting it every night and having a partner for everything you face through the day. Why should a guy delay that goodness just to get stuck with sloppy seconds with someone that can never be as close to him as younger marriage, for lack of shared life experiences?

Marriages fail because the people involved in them are pathetic (usually the woman). A pathetic 20yr old will be a pathetic 30yr old.

We already knew you were an idiot, kid. Don't belabor the point.

Lol is this spoken from an angrily married man or a man who's been scorned from a past marriage?

I was married for 5 years, never again. I don't believe marriage is compatible with todays society imo. Your stats say half of marriages end in divorce, well the rest of them are mostly people who are used to being miserable and are content to wallow in it for the rest of their lives, not me.

LOL! "never again"? I don't believe you.

Everytime I think about getting married again I think about the living hell my last year of marriage was to my ex wife, I honestly get scared and stressed out thinking about it, worst year of my life for sure.

I was married for 5 years, never again. I don't believe marriage is compatible with todays society imo. Your stats say half of marriages end in divorce, well the rest of them are mostly people who are used to being miserable and are content to wallow in it for the rest of their lives, not me.

LOL! "never again"? I don't believe you.

Everytime I think about getting married again I think about the living hell my last year of marriage was to my ex wife, I honestly get scared and stressed out thinking about it, worst year of my life for sure.

Nature will eventually have its way with you again. You can't avoid it forever.

Marriage is work.

I don't think it's work. Marry the right person (half the population is unfit for marriage, to anyone) and then ignore the things that bother you (you're not going to change anyone).

How long have you been married, kid?

He's not, I asked him twice if he was married and he's deflected, its obvious he's not married if he's going around typing nonsense like married couples fuck everyday and you should just ignore the things that bother you about the other person.:cuckoo:

Have you ever been married? age is irrelevant in this, when you get married the sex declines, with or without kids.

Um, wait, I can't make that a universal experience. My ex was your basic extraordinarily horny oversexed female and this did not change when we got married. Our sexual activity did decline SLIGHTLY over time but nothing like what you're describing (I divorced for completely different reasons, unrelated to sex).

I suspect there is a subset of women who, for whatever reason, have suppressed sex drives and a strong desire for marriage, and use sex as a way of landing a husband rather than as something they really want. It may come from early upbringing in what "nice girls do." Or something else, I really don't know. But anyway, your personal experience is not a universal and you shouldn't make that mistake.

Well you kind of just proved my point, you did just admit the sex declined when you got married and you are not even married to her anymore right?

No, you misunderstood. The sex did NOT decline when we got married. You seemed to think of it as like throwing a switch: before marriage, sex; after marriage, no sex (or much less). Not like that for me at all. Before marriage, lots of sex. After marriage, lots of sex. Over time, very gradually, less sex (but still quite a lot -- like, once a day instead of several times a day is what I meant).

And as I said, we got divorced for completely different reasons. If you must know, it's because she was physically abusive, and I finally gave up on her ever changing that.

Um, wait, I can't make that a universal experience. My ex was your basic extraordinarily horny oversexed female and this did not change when we got married. Our sexual activity did decline SLIGHTLY over time but nothing like what you're describing (I divorced for completely different reasons, unrelated to sex).

I suspect there is a subset of women who, for whatever reason, have suppressed sex drives and a strong desire for marriage, and use sex as a way of landing a husband rather than as something they really want. It may come from early upbringing in what "nice girls do." Or something else, I really don't know. But anyway, your personal experience is not a universal and you shouldn't make that mistake.

Well you kind of just proved my point, you did just admit the sex declined when you got married and you are not even married to her anymore right?

No, you misunderstood. The sex did NOT decline when we got married. You seemed to think of it as like throwing a switch: before marriage, sex; after marriage, no sex (or much less). Not like that for me at all. Before marriage, lots of sex. After marriage, lots of sex. Over time, very gradually, less sex (but still quite a lot -- like, once a day instead of several times a day is what I meant).

And as I said, we got divorced for completely different reasons. If you must know, it's because she was physically abusive, and I finally gave up on her ever changing that.

I am sorry to hear that, it was good you got out of the marriage.

Yeah, well, actually if the sex hadn't been so good I might have gotten out sooner.

Or maybe not. I really did care about her.

Yeah, well, actually if the sex hadn't been so good I might have gotten out sooner.

Is marriage something you will try again?

Is marriage something you will try again?

Ambrose Bierce once defined second marriage as the triumphs of hope over experience.

I don't know. She'd have to be a damned fine human being. :)

Theres a saying the Iranians have, the first marriage is just for practice. That may well be true but my first marriage scared me half to death.

2nd wife here.....odds were totally against us....we knew each other a few months and as soon as his divorce was final....we got married....

31 years

have i enjoyed every minute of it....no....but i am married to a man who is my life partner ....
we have come this far together....we are growing old together and there is a comfort in that

i think the bigger problem is that marriage was once based on the concept of faith/religion. Now it is a contract that you sign between yourself, your spouse and the state. It's a contract of legality rather than faith/love/religion.

i think the bigger problem is that marriage was once based on the concept of faith/religion. Now it is a contract that you sign between yourself, your spouse and the state. It's a contract of legality rather than faith/love/religion.

For people of faith it still is. If you are saying that you don't like what certain left-leaning forces are doing to the social fabric of our nation, well you might be onto something...

Forum List

Back