Just as I thought, age a huge factor in divorce

You are either a liar or a niaeve idiot, people who are married don't have sex everyday jack ass, you are lucky to "get it" once a month.:cuckoo:

Maybe when they get older.

Have you ever been married? age is irrelevant in this, when you get married the sex declines, with or without kids.

Ignore Ariux. He's a TruthMatters level of idiot. Only he could find a way to troll a thread about marriage.

You are either a liar or a niaeve idiot, people who are married don't have sex everyday jack ass, you are lucky to "get it" once a month.:cuckoo:

Have you ever been married? age is irrelevant in this, when you get married the sex declines, with or without kids.

Um, wait, I can't make that a universal experience. My ex was your basic extraordinarily horny oversexed female and this did not change when we got married. Our sexual activity did decline SLIGHTLY over time but nothing like what you're describing (I divorced for completely different reasons, unrelated to sex).

I suspect there is a subset of women who, for whatever reason, have suppressed sex drives and a strong desire for marriage, and use sex as a way of landing a husband rather than as something they really want. It may come from early upbringing in what "nice girls do." Or something else, I really don't know. But anyway, your personal experience is not a universal and you shouldn't make that mistake.

I'm always shocked when i think about how young people are, even these days, when most of them decide to get married. We live in an age where almost everyone spends some time in college at a young age, both men and women are working and ppl have less and less time to get to really know their boyfriend or girlfriend and yet still tons of ppl are getting married way too young.

I've always thought in today's age that about 30 years old is the right age to get married. Sure individual cases are different, but the 5 year range between 27 and 32, so you can date around and once you've found the right person date him/her long enough to know that's the one you want to marry.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=25

Half of marriages end in divorce, and as you see so many of these are from ppl who marry young.

Marriage is a prison.

Yes. And is is boring at best. It is not for everyone and especially a "rolling stone."

I agree with Margaret Mead on the subject of marriage and divorce:

"Though married and divorced three times, Mead firmly stated, "I don't consider my marriages as failures. Its idiotic to assume that because a marriage ends, its failed."

I'm always shocked when i think about how young people are, even these days, when most of them decide to get married. We live in an age where almost everyone spends some time in college at a young age, both men and women are working and ppl have less and less time to get to really know their boyfriend or girlfriend and yet still tons of ppl are getting married way too young.

I've always thought in today's age that about 30 years old is the right age to get married. Sure individual cases are different, but the 5 year range between 27 and 32, so you can date around and once you've found the right person date him/her long enough to know that's the one you want to marry.

Half of marriages end in divorce, and as you see so many of these are from ppl who marry young.

I got married age 21, knew my hubby only for 10 months at the time we got married, been married almost 29 years. My sister knew her ex 8 years before the got married and got diviorced about 4 after the wedding.

Marriage is work. Couple spends so much time planning an elaborate wedding and then when the wedding is over, the fairy tale comes crashing down and it's reality time. Now you have to work and most couple don't want to put in the effort. The Newly wed couple thing gets old fast and you start getting on each others nerves. Many couples have kids right away or even before the wedding and that adds extra strain on the relationship. If you don't try to put out the fires and talk to each other to work it out, you're gonna lose.

I married my ex-husband when I was 27. He was charming and attractive, and I didn't really think about much more than that. I had a fantasy idea of marriage, but our marriage was a nightmare. I tried my best to make it work for 12 years, and then, after the 3rd time of catching him cheating and all of the other bullshit he put me through, I finally quit. There are some dogs that just won't hunt, no matter how hard you try.

When I married my husband a couple of months ago, I could have cared less about the wedding...I catered it myself and we only invited 50 people. It was really nice, but I mainly did it for his parents (he'd never been married before), my parents, and my kids (who wanted a wedding). I could not wait for the wedding to be over and for us to be married.

The perspective is so very different, but I was single for 7 years after my divorce, waiting for the right guy. I was not sure I would ever marry again, but J is pretty special.

This morning, we were laying in bed right after the alarm went off, just not wanting to get up yet. And he said, "I am so glad we get to do this every day."

It's funny how much I appreciate our relationship...maybe because i know how bad it can be, maybe because I wasn't sure that I would ever find someone like him, maybe because I'm old enough to have figured out what really matters.

I"ve already told my daughter that she's not allowed to get married until she's at least 30. :D

Last edited:
Been married for 27 years, we have knock down drag outs, but making up rocks.

Um, wait, I can't make that a universal experience. My ex was your basic extraordinarily horny oversexed female and this did not change when we got married. Our sexual activity did decline SLIGHTLY over time but nothing like what you're describing (I divorced for completely different reasons, unrelated to sex).

I suspect there is a subset of women who, for whatever reason, have suppressed sex drives and a strong desire for marriage, and use sex as a way of landing a husband rather than as something they really want. It may come from early upbringing in what "nice girls do." Or something else, I really don't know. But anyway, your personal experience is not a universal and you shouldn't make that mistake.

Good grief, you are an insufferble bore.

Interesting OP.
"... ppl have less and less time to get to really know their boyfriend or girlfriend and yet still tons of ppl are getting married way too young."

Seems true.
But, I'm afraid that we miss the point that progressive societies tend to infantilize the populations....
....and people have less of a chance to get to know themselves.

If one knows what one wants, what is right and what is wrong, the chances of a lasting marriage are high.

But, as for 'Half of marriages end in divorce,'...

"Contradicting the endless New York Times articles celebrating "the new American family," "blended families" and "quasi marriages," a recent census report says that only 12 percent of Americans will be married as many as two times in their entire lives. Only 3 percent will be married three or more times.

(The "one of every two marriages will end in divorce" canard comes from comparing the number of marriages in a given year to the number of divorces that same year -- but the divorces could be from any of the millions of marriages consummated in the prior several decades. Serial divorcers also bring the "average" divorce rate way up.)"
Why Larry King Will Never Be President - HUMAN EVENTS

I have several friends who got married at 18. One will be celebrating their 41st anniversary, in Dec. of this year.
When you marry someone, it has to be the one you see yourself growing old with. Many don't look at this way any longer.
They also don't take their vows seriously. Like till death us do part. Or in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer. Many get divorced over these type of issues.
Many have no clue any more about how to work out issues. This comes from being taught about, it's me,me,me, give me what I want, and I don't care about what you want.

"....it has to be the one you see yourself growing old with."

One who makes you grow....and vice versa.

Well you kind of just proved my point, you did just admit the sex declined when you got married and you are not even married to her anymore right?

Marriage is work.

I don't think it's work. Marry the right person (half the population is unfit for marriage, to anyone) and then ignore the things that bother you (you're not going to change anyone).

Marriage is work you retard, ignore the things that bother you? wow that sounds healthy:cuckoo:, you know fuck all about marriage and should really shut the fuck up before you hurt yourself.

Marriage is a prison.

Lol is this spoken from an angrily married man or a man who's been scorned from a past marriage?

I was married for 5 years, never again. I don't believe marriage is compatible with todays society imo. Your stats say half of marriages end in divorce, well the rest of them are mostly people who are used to being miserable and are content to wallow in it for the rest of their lives, not me.

LOL! "never again"? I don't believe you.

Forum List

Back