Just as I thought, age a huge factor in divorce

Dr.Drock

Aug 19, 2009
I'm always shocked when i think about how young people are, even these days, when most of them decide to get married. We live in an age where almost everyone spends some time in college at a young age, both men and women are working and ppl have less and less time to get to really know their boyfriend or girlfriend and yet still tons of ppl are getting married way too young.

I've always thought in today's age that about 30 years old is the right age to get married. Sure individual cases are different, but the 5 year range between 27 and 32, so you can date around and once you've found the right person date him/her long enough to know that's the one you want to marry.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=25

Half of marriages end in divorce, and as you see so many of these are from ppl who marry young.

No. They end in divorce because people arent taught that marriage is work and then at the first sign of trouble, these immature people run away rather than deal with their issues.

No. They end in divorce because people arent taught that marriage is work and then at the first sign of trouble, these immature people run away rather than deal with their issues.

The younger you are the more likely you're going to be immature.

I think for people with post high school education and careers, getting married a few years later makes sense. When you actually have a little bit of time to focus and spend time with your significant other before getting married and the stats back me up.

I'm always shocked when i think about how young people are, even these days, when most of them decide to get married. We live in an age where almost everyone spends some time in college at a young age, both men and women are working and ppl have less and less time to get to really know their boyfriend or girlfriend and yet still tons of ppl are getting married way too young.

I've always thought in today's age that about 30 years old is the right age to get married. Sure individual cases are different, but the 5 year range between 27 and 32, so you can date around and once you've found the right person date him/her long enough to know that's the one you want to marry.

Half of marriages end in divorce, and as you see so many of these are from ppl who marry young.

Marriage is a prison.

Marriage is a prison.

Lol is this spoken from an angrily married man or a man who's been scorned from a past marriage?

Marriage is a prison.

Lol is this spoken from an angrily married man or a man who's been scorned from a past marriage?

I was married for 5 years, never again. I don't believe marriage is compatible with todays society imo. Your stats say half of marriages end in divorce, well the rest of them are mostly people who are used to being miserable and are content to wallow in it for the rest of their lives, not me.

Marriage is a prison.

Im lucky I guess.... my warden is one hawt woman who seems to like to screw the prisoner several times a week.... oh the horror
:D

Marriage is a prison.

Im lucky I guess.... my warden is one hawt woman who seems to like to screw the prisoner several times a week.... oh the horror
:D

You are lucky, most prisoners are lucky to get any attention from the warden once a month.

Marriage is a prison.

I was married for 5 years, never again. I don't believe marriage is compatible with todays society imo. Your stats say half of marriages end in divorce, well the rest of them are mostly people who are used to being miserable and are content to wallow in it for the rest of their lives, not me.

You got any kids?

I kinda agree that marriage seems like an extremely hard thing to be successful and happy with for a full lifetime, but then again i want kids and marriage seems to be the best scenario for child raising.

I agree with this general statement that divorce is, a lot of times, the result of marrying to young and/or rushing into marriage.

You got any kids?

I kinda agree that marriage seems like an extremely hard thing to be successful and happy with for a full lifetime, but then again i want kids and marriage seems to be the best scenario for child raising.

I agree a family is the best thing for raising a child but it depends, I know some single parents that do a better job than some couples combined.

You got any kids?

You have the right idea Dock... just got to find the right lady.
Never rush into it. I dated my wife for 7 yrs before we married - Hell we dated for 6 of those w/o ever having sex. I love her for a different reason... its just that simple.
You will know when the right one comes along though.

You got any kids?

I agree a family is the best thing for raising a child but it depends, I know some single parents that do a better job than some couples combined.

It'd be especially better if i decide to have children with my current gf cuz she's got a lot more money than i do lol. :lol:

You got any kids?

It'd be especially better if i decide to have children with my current gf cuz she's got a lot more money than i do lol. :lol:

Money definently helps, one of the biggest reasons for my divorce was financial.

I have several friends who got married at 18. One will be celebrating their 41st anniversary, in Dec. of this year.
When you marry someone, it has to be the one you see yourself growing old with. Many don't look at this way any longer.
They also don't take their vows seriously. Like till death us do part. Or in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer. Many get divorced over these type of issues.
Many have no clue any more about how to work out issues. This comes from being taught about, it's me,me,me, give me what I want, and I don't care about what you want.

I've always thought in today's age that about 30 years old is the right age to get married.

Do you have any evidence that marriages starting at around age 30 are more successful than those that start in the early 20s? (Second marriages fail at a higher rate than first marriages, which suggests you're wrong about being married at an older age.)

Marriage rocks. Getting it every night and having a partner for everything you face through the day. Why should a guy delay that goodness just to get stuck with sloppy seconds with someone that can never be as close to him as younger marriage, for lack of shared life experiences?

Marriages fail because the people involved in them are pathetic (usually the woman). A pathetic 20yr old will be a pathetic 30yr old.

I've always thought in today's age that about 30 years old is the right age to get married.

Do you have any evidence that marriages starting at around age 30 are more successful than those that start in the early 20s? (Second marriages fail at a higher rate than first marriages, which suggests you're wrong about being married at an older age.)

Marriage rocks. Getting it every night and having a partner for everything you face through the day. Why should a guy delay that goodness just to get stuck with sloppy seconds with someone that can never be as close to him as younger marriage, for lack of shared life experiences?

Marriages fail because the people involved in them are pathetic (usually the woman). A pathetic 20yr old will be a pathetic 30yr old.

You are either a liar or a niaeve idiot, people who are married don't have sex everyday jack ass, you are lucky to "get it" once a month.:cuckoo:

Remember...prisons are also fortresses.....

Marriage is the construct we have to protect and raise children in. It's not about making the married couple *happy*. It's about providing a safe and loving environment for your children. That's why it's so important to choose wisely...because you need to stick together to give the children the stability they need. Two people together are more stable, emotionally and financially, than one...and that stability is what kids need to thrive.

Forum List

Back