Just Another Hypocrite?

It's good to know I'm not the only one noticing the hypocricy. I made up my mind, when Obama was elected, to give him a chance to see what good he can do. So far, in my honest opinion, I can't stand the decisions he's making, or allowing Congress to make.

He spoke throughout his campaign about increasing troop level in Afghanistan and taking the troops out of Iraq.

Furthermore, Bush's bailout was for the banks, Obama's was for the American people.

So epic fail on your part.

The epic fail would be in your ability to know the difference between a bank bailout and having smoke blown up your ass calling it something else. I don't consider the failed US auto industry "the American people." I consider it another failed industry being bailed out by tax dollars.

In 6 months when they run out of stimulus money ... WHAT then?

Oh ok, that's right...Obama's our night in shining armor:cuckoo:

Let's not forget that Obama consistently claimed that the surge of troops in Iraq would not work, and then conveniently forgot to admit he was wrong. Looks like he's just as bad as admitting mistakes as Bush was.

There's more pork in this stimulus than a Greek BBQ. Obama's signing a 900 billion dollar stimulus and sending 400-800 to the American people. Bush signed over 700 billion and send 1200 to the people last year. You all bitched about Bush increasing government spending and cutting taxes, now it's all "change we can believe in" when Obama does it. Liberal are so full of double-standards that they'll crap themselves if they bend over.

Pelosi concerned about a Murtha probe - John Bresnahan - Politico.com

I never said he was, however he's not a hypocrite on these two things you dumbass. He's spoken throughout his campaign about both of these things, you just chose to not listen.

You're trying to change the subject and talk about whether the surge worked because you realized your points are wrong; cute.

Obama signed a $787 billion dollar bill; but I don't expect you to know facts.

Bush's bailout was $700 billion for the bailout.

Get your facts right before you come out to play. :eusa_whistle:

How much of that $787M goes DIRECTLY to "the American people"? And I don't want to hear what Jobs it will supposedly create, nor trying to say repaving the highway is more important than my dinner. How much ACTUAL CASH do WE THE PEOPLE get?

Obama HAS changed his tune on Iraq/Afghanistan since he started campaigning. You need to give THAT ONE a rest.

Perhaps you might want to get YOUR facts straight before YOU come out to play?

Can't say he's a hypocrite because I never believed he was serious to begin with, his entire campaign was basically telling people what they wanted to hear.

If we're going to spend one trillion dollars that comes out as about $3,333 per person.

Given that I'm sitting here in a freezing house right now because I was playing the #2 heating fuel hedging game, and last night my fuel ran out a few days earlier than I'd expected, right now my stimulus package would be fairly simple...

Send me that $3,333 so I can buy some damned heating oil.

You want to stimulate the economy, Obama?

Put some REAL dough into the hands of the people, today, not next year...today.

I promise I'll put it right back into the economy so somebody else will spend it, too.

Honest!

If we're going to spend one trillion dollars that comes out as about $3,333 per person.

Given that I'm sitting here in a freezing house right now because I was playing the #2 heating fuel hedging game, and last night my fuel ran out a few days earlier than I'd expected, right now my stimulus package would be fairly simple...

Send me that $3,333 so I can buy some damned heating oil.

You want to stimulate the economy, Obama?

Put some REAL dough into the hands of the people, today, not next year...today.

I promise I'll put it right back into the economy so somebody else will spend it, too.

Honest!

Hey, you'll be getting $65 more per month in your check, for taxes you won't pay for next 4/15. Be happy! :lol:

More 'high ethics', transparency, and change from the new administration:

Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion: Obama To Appoint "The Vacuum Cleaner" To Plum Ambassadorship

Lots of links. Oh and this whole story is just so 'Chicago' or 'old time pols', see Joseph P. Kennedy as ambassador to GB:

Sunday, February 22, 2009
Obama To Appoint "The Vacuum Cleaner" To Plum Ambassadorship
Ah, hope and change. Near silence from the American mainstream media, but this news item from the Brits about Obama appointing one of his key fundraisers as Ambassador to Great Britain:
Barack Obama has been embroiled in a cronyism row after reports that he intends to make Louis Susman, one of his biggest fundraisers, the new US ambassador in London.

The selection of Mr Susman, a lawyer and banker from the president's hometown of Chicago, rather than an experienced diplomat, raises new questions about Mr Obama's commitment to the special relationship with Britain.

American commentators denounced the selection of a rich friend to the plumb post, regarded as one of the most prestigious in the president's gift, as worthy of a "banana republic". They said it was proof that Mr Obama has turned his back on his campaign pledge to end politics as usual....

Mr Susman's reputation for hoovering large amounts of cash from deep pockets saw him nicknamed "the vacuum cleaner" when he raised more than $240million for John Kerry's White House bid in 2004.

He was one of Mr Obama's biggest campaign cash "bundlers", fundraisers who collect contributions from hundreds of others. He also gave $300,000 to the president's inauguration fund.​

More on Susman, a Kennedy crony, from the Brits:
Mr Susman, 71, is now tipped to occupy the grand surroundings of Winfield House, the US ambassador's residence in London which occupies a 12 acre site on the edge of Regent's Park.

He is no stranger to luxury accommodation. He and his wife Margie own a grand mansion on Chicago's exclusive Gold Coast, which in the late 1980s was the second most affluent neighbourhood in the US after Manhattan's Upper East Side.

The couple own another property in the millionaire's playground of Nantucket, bought in 1990 for $4.6m, just up the road from the holiday home of John Kerry, and a short boat ride from the Kennedy family compound at Hyannisport.

That proximity to family patriarch Ted Kennedy is no accident. Mr Susman's entree into Democratic presidential politics came when he raised cash for Senator Kennedy's 1980 challenge of Jimmy Carter for the party's nomination.​

Who's next for an ambassadorship? Tony Rezko?
-------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: When I saw the number $240 million as the amount Susman raised for John Kerry, I thought that must be a typo, that it was $24 million. But no, the Telegraph story quoted above is accurate. This from the Chicago Sun-Times in January 2007 under the headline "Obama attracts big-bucks fund-raiser":
In star-struck, political America where Barack Obama is a supernova, other superstars can slip by unnoticed. See the guy in the picture? The one with the swhite hair and the Walter Matthau eyes?

Superstar.

If you want to be president of the United States, he is the one you want to call before you even talk it over with your own mother.

Louis Susman is his name. He lives in Chicago. And at this moment, he is ready to do whatever Illinois Sen. Barack Obama needs him to do to take the White House in 2008. If Obama is running (and he is), then Susman will be pivotal to raising the cash....

Susman has tried mightily to get Democrats elected president and raised prodigious amounts of money for them. He was Richard Gephardt's finance chairman in 1988, Bill Bradley's in 2000 and John Kerry's national finance director in 2004.

The Kerry campaign nearly killed him. ''I was with Kerry for 2½ years, gained 30 pounds, and my blood pressure shot up to 187,'' said Susman, who has since dropped the weight, lowered his heart rate and was trying with limited success not to eat the French fries he hadn't ordered but the waiter brought anyway.

How much money did Susman raise for Kerry? A bundle: $247 million.​

A vacuum cleaner was how someone once described him for a 2005 Tribune article, saying Susman was able to ''Hoover'' money from ''deep pockets.''

I guess we should consider ourselves lucky that Obama is appointing Susman Ambassador to Britain, rather than Secretary of the Treasury.
Posted by William A. Jacobson at 10:14 AM

More 'high ethics', transparency, and change from the new administration:

Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion: Obama To Appoint "The Vacuum Cleaner" To Plum Ambassadorship

Lots of links. Oh and this whole story is just so 'Chicago' or 'old time pols', see Joseph P. Kennedy as ambassador to GB:

Sunday, February 22, 2009
Obama To Appoint "The Vacuum Cleaner" To Plum Ambassadorship
Ah, hope and change. Near silence from the American mainstream media, but this news item from the Brits about Obama appointing one of his key fundraisers as Ambassador to Great Britain:
Barack Obama has been embroiled in a cronyism row after reports that he intends to make Louis Susman, one of his biggest fundraisers, the new US ambassador in London.

The selection of Mr Susman, a lawyer and banker from the president's hometown of Chicago, rather than an experienced diplomat, raises new questions about Mr Obama's commitment to the special relationship with Britain.

American commentators denounced the selection of a rich friend to the plumb post, regarded as one of the most prestigious in the president's gift, as worthy of a "banana republic". They said it was proof that Mr Obama has turned his back on his campaign pledge to end politics as usual....

Mr Susman's reputation for hoovering large amounts of cash from deep pockets saw him nicknamed "the vacuum cleaner" when he raised more than $240million for John Kerry's White House bid in 2004.

He was one of Mr Obama's biggest campaign cash "bundlers", fundraisers who collect contributions from hundreds of others. He also gave $300,000 to the president's inauguration fund.​

More on Susman, a Kennedy crony, from the Brits:
Mr Susman, 71, is now tipped to occupy the grand surroundings of Winfield House, the US ambassador's residence in London which occupies a 12 acre site on the edge of Regent's Park.

He is no stranger to luxury accommodation. He and his wife Margie own a grand mansion on Chicago's exclusive Gold Coast, which in the late 1980s was the second most affluent neighbourhood in the US after Manhattan's Upper East Side.

The couple own another property in the millionaire's playground of Nantucket, bought in 1990 for $4.6m, just up the road from the holiday home of John Kerry, and a short boat ride from the Kennedy family compound at Hyannisport.

That proximity to family patriarch Ted Kennedy is no accident. Mr Susman's entree into Democratic presidential politics came when he raised cash for Senator Kennedy's 1980 challenge of Jimmy Carter for the party's nomination.​

Who's next for an ambassadorship? Tony Rezko?
-------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: When I saw the number $240 million as the amount Susman raised for John Kerry, I thought that must be a typo, that it was $24 million. But no, the Telegraph story quoted above is accurate. This from the Chicago Sun-Times in January 2007 under the headline "Obama attracts big-bucks fund-raiser":
In star-struck, political America where Barack Obama is a supernova, other superstars can slip by unnoticed. See the guy in the picture? The one with the swhite hair and the Walter Matthau eyes?

Superstar.

If you want to be president of the United States, he is the one you want to call before you even talk it over with your own mother.

Louis Susman is his name. He lives in Chicago. And at this moment, he is ready to do whatever Illinois Sen. Barack Obama needs him to do to take the White House in 2008. If Obama is running (and he is), then Susman will be pivotal to raising the cash....

Susman has tried mightily to get Democrats elected president and raised prodigious amounts of money for them. He was Richard Gephardt's finance chairman in 1988, Bill Bradley's in 2000 and John Kerry's national finance director in 2004.

The Kerry campaign nearly killed him. ''I was with Kerry for 2½ years, gained 30 pounds, and my blood pressure shot up to 187,'' said Susman, who has since dropped the weight, lowered his heart rate and was trying with limited success not to eat the French fries he hadn't ordered but the waiter brought anyway.

How much money did Susman raise for Kerry? A bundle: $247 million.​

A vacuum cleaner was how someone once described him for a 2005 Tribune article, saying Susman was able to ''Hoover'' money from ''deep pockets.''

I guess we should consider ourselves lucky that Obama is appointing Susman Ambassador to Britain, rather than Secretary of the Treasury.
Posted by William A. Jacobson at 10:14 AM
oh, theres CHANGE

NOT! :lol:

Forum List

Back