Just Another Hypocrite?

BrianH

Mar 10, 2008
Texas
Does anyone agree with the notion that Obama is, in fact, a hypocrite?

My reasons for believing so is do to various current events.

If I remember correctly, Obama (among other democrats) relentlessly barraged George Bush for his decision to increase troop levels. However, more recently, I've heard more and more talk about Obama intending on increasing troop levels.

If I also remember correctly, I remember Obama (among other democrats) bashing the hell out of his 700 billion dollar stimulus package. However, the democrats have devised an even more expensive (900 billion) package that puts LESS money in American pockets.

I'm just curious if there are still those who believe Obama is "change we can believe in" and somehow "different" (other than the color of his skin) than other presidents.

Does anyone agree with the notion that Obama is, in fact, a hypocrite?

My reasons for believing so is do to various current events.

If I remember correctly, Obama (among other democrats) relentlessly barraged George Bush for his decision to increase troop levels. However, more recently, I've heard more and more talk about Obama intending on increasing troop levels.

If I also remember correctly, I remember Obama (among other democrats) bashing the hell out of his 700 billion dollar stimulus package. However, the democrats have devised an even more expensive (900 billion) package that puts LESS money in American pockets.

I'm just curious if there are still those who believe Obama is "change we can believe in" and somehow "different" (other than the color of his skin) than other presidents.

He is different than other presidents in that his lack of experience, questionable history, and seeming embrace of leftist ideology could put this country at great risk.

We might be lucky if the worst he does is become another Carter - but there is the real threat Obama far exceeds Carter's considerable failures...

obama_carter.jpg

he bashed troops being in iraq... said he was going to bring them outa there and said in the next breath or 2, more should be in afghanistan yahdeedah, during his campaign, if memory serves...

Barak seems to get a pass on everything....I kind of snicker when he says its time to work with those on the other side of the aisle......I guess they forgot about that issue the last 6 years..........jeez

I think we're off to a bad start here. Political satire has always been vicious. It seems to me Obamas people are going to be pulling the race card at every venture. We'll have to see what the rest of the Obamas administration will do. So, far I think Obamas promise to end the war in the first 16 months in office was his biggest lie. People believed him and voted for him and now their going to find out it was all lies.

As far the stimulus package anyone thinking we can buy ourselves out of debt with more enormous debt has a screw loose. The intrest alone will eat us up alive. Yesterday, China was indicating that they thought it might be a bad financial move to loan America more money, they thought it might be a bad investment. Money wise yes, but if they loaned us the money and we couldn't repay, they could end up invading America and repossessing us.

Obama's top cop of the nation, Attorney General Eric Holder, the nation's first black attorney general, said Wednesday the United States was "a nation of cowards" on matters of race"
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/02/18/holder-calls-nation-cowards-race-matters/

Last edited:
It's good to know I'm not the only one noticing the hypocricy. I made up my mind, when Obama was elected, to give him a chance to see what good he can do. So far, in my honest opinion, I can't stand the decisions he's making, or allowing Congress to make.

It's good to know I'm not the only one noticing the hypocricy. I made up my mind, when Obama was elected, to give him a chance to see what good he can do. So far, in my honest opinion, I can't stand the decisions he's making, or allowing Congress to make.

He spoke throughout his campaign about increasing troop level in Afghanistan and taking the troops out of Iraq.

Furthermore, Bush's bailout was for the banks, Obama's was for the American people.

So epic fail on your part.

He spoke throughout his campaign about increasing troop level in Afghanistan and taking the troops out of Iraq.

Furthermore, Bush's bailout was for the banks, Obama's was for the American people.

really....how much was your check for......

Oh ok, that's right...Obama's our night in shining armor:cuckoo:

Let's not forget that Obama consistently claimed that the surge of troops in Iraq would not work, and then conveniently forgot to admit he was wrong. Looks like he's just as bad as admitting mistakes as Bush was.

There's more pork in this stimulus than a Greek BBQ. Obama's signing a 900 billion dollar stimulus and sending 400-800 to the American people. Bush signed over 700 billion and send 1200 to the people last year. You all bitched about Bush increasing government spending and cutting taxes, now it's all "change we can believe in" when Obama does it. Liberal are so full of double-standards that they'll crap themselves if they bend over.

Pelosi concerned about a Murtha probe - John Bresnahan - Politico.com

Let's not forget that Obama consistently claimed that the surge of troops in Iraq would not work, and then conveniently forgot to admit he was wrong. Looks like he's just as bad as admitting mistakes as Bush was.

There's more pork in this stimulus than a Greek BBQ. Obama's signing a 900 billion dollar stimulus and sending 400-800 to the American people. Bush signed over 700 billion and send 1200 to the people last year. You all bitched about Bush increasing government spending and cutting taxes, now it's all "change we can believe in" when Obama does it. Liberal are so full of double-standards that they'll crap themselves if they bend over.

I never said he was, however he's not a hypocrite on these two things you dumbass. He's spoken throughout his campaign about both of these things, you just chose to not listen.

You're trying to change the subject and talk about whether the surge worked because you realized your points are wrong; cute.

Obama signed a $787 billion dollar bill; but I don't expect you to know facts.

Bush's bailout was $700 billion for the bailout.

Get your facts right before you come out to play. :eusa_whistle:

You want to play semantics? Be my guess.

However, the money from Obama's bill will not go only towards helping Americans who need it but creating/saving jobs.

Obama has helped me realize something very important. My children attend Private Schools because I believe they get a better education. Am I making the right decision? I took this question to heart when Obama was elected President. Would he send his own kids to Public or Private Schools? Surely, he would lead by example. Sure enough, he made the same decision that I made. Clearly, Private schools are better.

I never said he was, however he's not a hypocrite on these two things you dumbass. He's spoken throughout his campaign about both of these things, you just chose to not listen.

You're trying to change the subject and talk about whether the surge worked because you realized your points are wrong; cute.

Suckin' up that Koolade seems to do more brain damage than crack....

try some MD20-20 or some moonshine Robert....at least until your brain heals...

bush and co let a couple offinancials houses fail before he did anything if you recall.....then nancy and harry started screaming that bush needed to do something.....no you bitch him out because he listened to the dems screaming at him.....

then bush spent 350 million on the banks and the auto unions....i recall that obama voted to spend that as well....and obama got the left over 350 billion and the 787 billion.....not one penny of either one will go directly to any citizen....the government will decide how to spend your 50k on your behalf to fix the fucked up policies that got us intot this in the first place.....

and i agree, he always said he would send troops to afganistan.....and he said he was against the surge that seems to be working.....i also recall the dems screaming that there were not enough boots on the ground and that he should listen to his generals.....so bush goes ok....and send more troops....then they all scream that he is just sending more troops to their death and the surge won't work.....

now you will scream i am defending bush......follow along real close.....i fucking hate career politicians.......

carry on...

steps off soap box and goes and gets a glass of wine....

However, the money from Obama's bill will not go only towards helping Americans who need it but creating/saving jobs.

Obama's spending is pork, pork and more pork....if the economy gets better ...he and the Dims will take the credit...if the economy gets worst or stays bad, he and the Dims will blame Bush.....

Suckin' up that Koolade seems to do more brain damage than crack....

try some MD20-20 or some moonshine Robert....at least until your brain heals...

Show me where my facts are wrong thanks, otherwise go back to the other board that you seemed to brag you were leaving to.

bush and co let a couple offinancials houses fail before he did anything if you recall.....then nancy and harry started screaming that bush needed to do something.....no you bitch him out because he listened to the dems screaming at him.....

then bush spent 350 million on the banks and the auto unions....i recall that obama voted to spend that as well....and obama got the left over 350 billion and the 787 billion.....not one penny of either one will go directly to any citizen....the government will decide how to spend your 50k on your behalf to fix the fucked up policies that got us intot this in the first place.....

and i agree, he always said he would send troops to afganistan.....and he said he was against the surge that seems to be working.....i also recall the dems screaming that there were not enough boots on the ground and that he should listen to his generals.....so bush goes ok....and send more troops....then they all scream that he is just sending more troops to their death and the surge won't work.....

now you will scream i am defending bush......follow along real close.....i fucking hate career politicians.......

carry on...

steps off soap box and goes and gets a glass of wine....

Bush was leaving office and the Dims were going to run the ENTIRE government for next few years....he did exactly what he needed to do....let the Dims have what they wanted and wash his hands of the whole thing....what happened was going to happen with him or without him...he could only delay events for a month so why the hell bother....

words mean things......obamas bill is no different than bush .....both are being done to help the economy......bush targeted the lending institutions and auto dealers that were about to go belly....obama is targeting everything he can think of.....

both plans will flood the market with currency and allow lots of people to keep their jobs......if the money flows to the states then it may cause a few projects that were put on hold to start and that may help some people keep their jobs.....all of that may cause some optimism and the private sector may try to take some risks......but if the banks are still broken and affraid to lend to anyone to take risks to creat goods or servcies that they don't belive anyone can afford to buy......you have stalemate....

may i ask you this question.....if i tok your portion of these two bail out plans and gave it to you .... you personally would get a check for about $50,000.....

what would you do with it.....

Obama has helped me realize something very important. My children attend Private Schools because I believe they get a better education. Am I making the right decision? I took this question to heart when Obama was elected President. Would he send his own kids to Public or Private Schools? Surely, he would lead by example. Sure enough, he made the same decision that I made. Clearly, Private schools are better.

i believe he went to private school in hawaii.....

if i could afford private school and my kids would be at one.....

Forum List

Back