Just another chapter, but what is next?

Will you folks ever stop with this line of shit?

How many able bodied adult Americans are refusing to work and instead live off of our tax dollars?

How much of our GDP goes to supporting these lazy fuckers?

Your entire political ideology relies on this myth. Instead of being concerned about those who actually have the power and control over your economic reality, you choose to be fearful that someone less fortunate than you is grabbing at your stash.

Myth? Boy are you out to lunch.

Tale a trip to your local housing projects or stop by the grocery store or your local Social Services office.

Check out some of the big cities. You've got Grandma, Mother and granddaughter all living off your tax dollar.

Loads of folks are living off your tax dollar and always will.

You don't seem to mind and thats the difference between you and me. I do mind.

How many is "loads of folks"?

Well, considering nearly half the population pays $0 income taxes, I'd say that's "loads". What's the incentive to not vote for a tax and spend politician if you have no "skin in the game" as Obama likes to say?

When you have a population that doesn't mind sucking off the taxpayers, and feel ENTITLED to it.... this country is doomed..

Obama and the Progressives just succeed in making us all Julias (obamaCare)

They are now your mommy and daddy

enjoy

Liberals across America are championing their greatest achievement in recent history: Obamacare. Touting the fact that millions of Americans will now be covered and no longer will have to worry about acquiring a sickness that could be disastrous; this was definitely another chapter in healing the poor's challenges, Liberals thought.

But, wait a second. What looks good on paper, and speaking in generalities are very misleading. Despite everything the supporters of bills like these will tell you, the only thing they won't look at is the results. America still has a "poverty population" that is just as noticeable as it was 25+ years ago.

Food Stamps, Housing, Social Security, Welfare, Disability, Public Education, Unemployment Insurance, TDI, and Healthcare, are all programs intended to cure the problems we talked about earlier. On the contrary, they haven't resolved the problems that they were intended to.

However, we should all leave this aside for a few moments. My question to everyone is what is next? When do we stop handing out stuff to people and realize that enough is enough? It's a typical question everyone hears, but I'm ready to challenge the opposition.

No, those programs haven't resolved any of the problems at all. For all the money we've spent since the 1960's in the War on Poverty, all we have to show for it is about a 2% decrease in the poverty rate.

Poverty is the result of larger systemic problems that make opportunity sporadic and unevenly distributed. Social programs just treat a symptom of allowing so much chaos to exist in our system.

Haha, what you're saying makes no sense at all. You're basically saying that we'll always have poverty levels that high and the social programs help people off and then different people will come back on (Put in most simple words).

Obviously the goal of every single social program is to bring down the poverty rates, no person can sell something saying what you just said. If there's always going to be poverty rates that high, then there's no need for these social programs because their goal isn't being accomplished.

Also, in this case, no help is the best help. Just like you said (Which I totally disagree with), these social programs alleviate the problems of today and then take on the problems of tomorrow. However, if you had no social programs, we wouldn't have these trends because they wouldn't be there. You're denying simple facts. The social programs contradict capitalism.

Instead of giving people a hand up out of a temporary bad situation, we give hand outs making it a way of life.

The only people who should be on the government dole for more than 2-3 years are those who are diisabled or elderly. We should have stopped giving incentives to stay at home and not work for a living long ago. Hindsight is 20-20. We do nothing for the country or the people by enabling their non responsibility to themselves or their families.

I agree with most of what you have to say. It has become a way of life for most of America, so it is almost impossible to pass bills that would cut those services. Also, there has to be a better way of giving disability checks out, that is an awfully run system.

Most of America? Really?

Yes, most of America. Don't really want to check the percentages on how many Americans are collecting some sort of government handout, but you can check for yourself. However, either way, the culture is changing because of these programs and if you can't see it you're blind. Look at my generation (18), they believe they're entitled to them.

No, those programs haven't resolved any of the problems at all. For all the money we've spent since the 1960's in the War on Poverty, all we have to show for it is about a 2% decrease in the poverty rate.

Poverty is the result of larger systemic problems that make opportunity sporadic and unevenly distributed. Social programs just treat a symptom of allowing so much chaos to exist in our system.

Haha, what you're saying makes no sense at all. You're basically saying that we'll always have poverty levels that high and the social programs help people off and then different people will come back on (Put in most simple words).

Obviously the goal of every single social program is to bring down the poverty rates, no person can sell something saying what you just said. If there's always going to be poverty rates that high, then there's no need for these social programs because their goal isn't being accomplished.

Also, in this case, no help is the best help. Just like you said (Which I totally disagree with), these social programs alleviate the problems of today and then take on the problems of tomorrow. However, if you had no social programs, we wouldn't have these trends because they wouldn't be there. You're denying simple facts. The social programs contradict capitalism.

You'd be surprised how quickly people can find ways take care of themselves when the free ride omes to a screeching halt.

No incentive to do it now though. Why should they?/ We the taxpayers are forced to meet their needs.

I agree with most of what you have to say. It has become a way of life for most of America, so it is almost impossible to pass bills that would cut those services. Also, there has to be a better way of giving disability checks out, that is an awfully run system.

Most of America? Really?

Yes, most of America. Don't really want to check the percentages on how many Americans are collecting some sort of government handout, but you can check for yourself. However, either way, the culture is changing because of these programs and if you can't see it you're blind. Look at my generation (18), they believe they're entitled to them.

I agree. The young in this country have grown up with the fact that we taxpayers will meet their needs. They absolutely think its the way its supposed to be.

On the other end of that my parents would have been mortified to accept anthing from someone else.

Different generations and totally different ways of looking at things and a whole different set of values.

Liberals across America are championing their greatest achievement in recent history: Obamacare. Touting the fact that millions of Americans will now be covered and no longer will have to worry about acquiring a sickness that could be disastrous; this was definitely another chapter in healing the poor's challenges, Liberals thought.

But, wait a second. What looks good on paper, and speaking in generalities are very misleading. Despite everything the supporters of bills like these will tell you, the only thing they won't look at is the results. America still has a "poverty population" that is just as noticeable as it was 25+ years ago.

Food Stamps, Housing, Social Security, Welfare, Disability, Public Education, Unemployment Insurance, TDI, and Healthcare, are all programs intended to cure the problems we talked about earlier. On the contrary, they haven't resolved the problems that they were intended to.

However, we should all leave this aside for a few moments. My question to everyone is what is next? When do we stop handing out stuff to people and realize that enough is enough? It's a typical question everyone hears, but I'm ready to challenge the opposition.

I take exception with the notion that the programs were designed to cure any problem, they were designed to create a permanent underclass beholden to the Democrat Party for their very survival.

Your premise is wrong. Food stamps, Housing, etc were not programs intended to cure, they were established to mitigate the effects of poverty.

When we stop efforts to mitigate the effects of poverty we should expect 'Watts' on steroids: Those who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it

If I (or anyone) had a solution it would be implemented. As it stands today, do no harm seem to make the most sense, and one rejected by many do to ignorance, bigotry or ideology.

Just look at all the good the liberals programs and control of the inner city educational has brought!

I can only talk about NYC where 1/3 of the High school students don't graduate! 40% of minorities drop out and of the population that "Graduates" the vast majority of them can't function at community college level without remedial education.

It's a system that's been sabotaged to keep people ignorant and dependent. In my kinder moments I say that Progressives have been practicing Intellectual Pedophilia for generations.

Let people see the damage Democrat have inflicted, let them realize the absolute contempt Democrats have for the poor and you'll see an uprising

Just look at all the good the liberals programs and control of the inner city educational has brought!

I can only talk about NYC where 1/3 of the High school students don't graduate! 40% of minorities drop out and of the population that "Graduates" the vast majority of them can't function at community college level without remedial education.

It's a system that's been sabotaged to keep people ignorant and dependent. In my kinder moments I say that Progressives have been practicing Intellectual Pedophilia for generations.

Let people see the damage Democrat have inflicted, let them realize the absolute contempt Democrats have for the poor and you'll see an uprising

Yup. The War on Poverty has worked wonders. Narry a souls on it today. They are all working and paying their own bills. LOL

Wish it were so but it ain't even close. We taxpayers will be stuck with this bs forever.

I didn't ask how many working Americans need some help ( a disgrace if you ask me ) but I did ask :

HOW MANY ABLE BODIED ADULT AMERICANS REFUSE TO WORK IN FAVOR OF LIVING OFF OF TAXPAYER FUNDS?

You nutters say that there are huge numbers of freeloaders enabled by liberal policies. HOW FUCKING MANY?

Instead of giving people a hand up out of a temporary bad situation, we give hand outs making it a way of life.

The only people who should be on the government dole for more than 2-3 years are those who are diisabled or elderly. We should have stopped giving incentives to stay at home and not work for a living long ago. Hindsight is 20-20. We do nothing for the country or the people by enabling their non responsibility to themselves or their families.

If only life were as simple as that.

Time for a little sense in the welfare debate - The Drum Opinion - I think it is time we had a little more sense and a little less hyperbole in the welfare debate. (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Our government has steped so far over the bounds of what the constitution says is their roll that they can't even see it.. The consitution does not say provide health care it say provide for the common defense. All government do it create government jobs. We pay people not to work and teach them how to live happily ever after on what they make and then when the steal to get more we make an excuse of how down trodden they are. We are in fact just as stupid and congress thinks we are.

How does dumping people from public assistance solve the problem of the scarcity of jobs that will actually support a family? The ladder to success has become a greased ramp for those on the bottom, change that and then talk about dumping people.

I didn't ask how many working Americans need some help ( a disgrace if you ask me ) but I did ask :

HOW MANY ABLE BODIED ADULT AMERICANS REFUSE TO WORK IN FAVOR OF LIVING OFF OF TAXPAYER FUNDS?

You nutters say that there are huge numbers of freeloaders enabled by liberal policies. HOW FUCKING MANY?

I don't respond to stupidity. There are plenty of people who refuse work and live off taxpayer funds. Anyhow, the reason why they arent' working is because of the programs you support!

I don't respond to stupidity. There are plenty of people who refuse work and live off taxpayer funds. Anyhow, the reason why they arent' working is because of the programs you support!

There are plenty of people who work like dogs and still need food stamps for their families. Working alone is not necessarily the path out of poverty. We subsidize insultingly low wages with social programs, is private business prepared to make up the difference if we dump people? Not on your life, social programs are as much a subsidy for employers and the food industry as handouts to the worthless poor.

New Topics

Forum List

Back