Just annoyed

syrenn

Rookie
May 10, 2010
Just annoyed

Volunteering for charities sucks at times! The emails go out that they need people...please please please..... sing up! More emails...please please please....sing up...we need people!

So here i am thinking that they are in a spot because of the long weekend and are pretty desperate as the email keep coming. The instructions are to meet at the office and then we would car pool to the event.

I get there and a good 30 or so of us show up. So the directors are very happy...but they only need 10 people

:wtf::wtf::wtf:

Could you have said that in the damn email? Or said that enough people have responded? The reasoning for NOT saying they had enough people was that they were worried not enough of us would show up or back out at the last moment once commuted. :evil:

Fine..you all go, Ive got better things to do, im out of here! ggggrrrrrr!

Volunteering at times SUCKS!!!

rant over

Thats fucked...

When it comes to truly helping people there is always something to do.

Some groups are more focused on organizing then helping the helpless...

• Banned
Oh ive volunteered just about all my life doing different things. They always have a way of taking advantage of you in some way... this one just was a bit more annoying the usual for me.

I love what i do and have done in the past...but ...gggggrrrrrr

Oh ive volunteered just about all my life doing different things. They always have a way of taking advantage of you in some way... this one just was a bit more annoying the usual for me.

The Church will never turn away good people who want to help.

Unless you have a problem working in a soup kitchen feeding the homeless.

You don't have to be religious to feed the homeless - you just have to care.

• Banned

For most things like soup kitchens there are never enough hands and the more the merrier. This was just the opposite.....to many of us for the need of the assignment.

I expect emails like that to mean that they really don't have the people to cover the needs.

For most things like soup kitchens there are never enough hands and the more the merrier. This was just the opposite.....to many of us for the need of the assignment.

I expect emails like that to mean that they really don't have the people to cover the needs.

What was the assignment or objective anyways?

• Banned

Bodies for a live shot, as a requirement for a plug for our fundraiser. Which is why this was so ggggggrrrrr dumb.

Last edited:

Bodies for a live shot, as a requirement for a plug for our fundraiser. Which is why this was so ggggggrrrrr dumb.

Thats one of the more interesting explanations of charity I have ever heard.

Why not just donate some time?

Forum List

Back