Just an update...

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
For those who don't read the chat section below...

The server that the board resides on died somewhere around midnight last night (EST). The entire server was apparently replaced and all data restored to the new server (which is what likely took up most of the downtime, restoring is quite lengthy).

Unfortunately, I couldn't even email out an announcement or update as the mail program I use also resides on the same server!

My apologies for the delay but it was unfortunately out of my control.

-Jim

It's ok. Jimmy. I held myself, trembling and rocking in the corner, until I could connect again. No worries.

ha ha ha mr right wing man - I was wondering how you were surviving the downfall. :p:

JUST KIDDING!

Originally posted by KLSuddeth
ha ha ha mr right wing man - I was wondering how you were surviving the downfall. :p:

JUST KIDDING!

It was tough. I accidentally looked out the window. Bunch of freaks out there, I tell you what.

that whole 'outside world' is another story isnt it? :p:
Im not afraid of the freaks outside because Im generally freakier than they are anyway - LOL (yikes)

Actually I miss the outside world since my world is now made up of fractions, commas, and forcing my kid to learn them or else....oh, and the standardized tests - those really piss me off - the very concept pisses me off
booooooooooooo - craps to that.

Anyhoo, the board is up and you are safe! ;)
(except from the liberals of course)

:cof:

that whole 'outside world' is another story isnt it? :p:
Im not afraid of the freaks outside because Im generally freakier than they are anyway - LOL (yikes)

Actually I miss the outside world since my world is now made up of fractions, commas, and forcing my kid to learn them or else....oh, and the standardized tests - those really piss me off - the very concept pisses me off
booooooooooooo - craps to that.

Anyhoo, the board is up and you are safe! ;)
(except from the liberals of course)

:cof:

Oh, I like the freaks in the meatspace well enough.

Originally posted by fuzzykitten99
I am guessing you live in San Francisco or Somewhere near Hollyweird...

No. I just mean people who go to work and have lives, freaks, deluding themselves into thinking happiness exists.

Am I too negative?

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
No. I just mean people who go to work and have lives, freaks, deluding themselves into thinking happiness exists.

Am I too negative?

Explains your political views...

Originally posted by nycflasher
Explains your political views...

No, not really. My political views are forward looking and optimistic, though my demeanor is at times dour.

Come to think of it, nycflasher. You've never had a good point or been right on this entire board. Now that's funny. I feel all bright and sunny now. Thanks for the laughs.

Originally posted by fuzzykitten99
Or you could live on Lyndale , between Franklin and Lake St. here in Minneapolis...This street could be called the parade of freaks...

Hey, a fellow Minnesotan
Live about 200 miles N of you(can't stand cities) and the freaks aren't as bad either.

Anyone that has been on the board in the past hour has probably experienced some extreme slowness loading pages. The problem is not with the server, but an internal network issue with my host provider.

Their response in a nutshell:

"There is some intermittent network problem. Network engineers are looking into it. This issue has nothing to do with your server. Please provide us a traceroute result if you continue to see the problem."

Hopefully this won't be a continuing issue. I have the same issue when going to their page and opening a support ticket as well.

shit.

Now Im going to have to apologize to my husband, because just a little while ago I messaged him at work to bitch about my piece of shit computer, and why the hell doesnt he fix it, AND WHY is MY computer the POS out of all the computers in this whole friggin house.

ooooops.

oh well, craps to me!

shit.

Now Im going to have to apologize to my husband, because just a little while ago I messaged him at work to bitch about my piece of shit computer, and why the hell doesnt he fix it, AND WHY is MY computer the POS out of all the computers in this whole friggin house.

ooooops.

oh well, craps to me!

Quick!

Tell him you got a big blue screen saying something about "device not found" and "memory" and that when you rebooted it beeped at you 6 times until you turned it off and back on.

That ought to get you somewhere!
:cof: ;)

This is the latest update they gave me:

"The problem has been fixed. It was DOS (denial of service) attack. Let us know if you need further assistance."

Originally posted by NewGuy
Quick!

Tell him you got a big blue screen saying something about "device not found" and "memory" and that when you rebooted it beeped at you 6 times until you turned it off and back on.

That ought to get you somewhere!
:cof: ;)

Ha ha - you know he is reading this too. lol

Face it, Im screwed.

:p:

Forum List

Back