Just a thought. How can the Whistleblower be receiving death threats, when he is anonymous?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I heard this more than once, on CNN and I think in an interview by someone. I just want to know, how is this possible when he is not even known? :aug08_031:

Saying, for example, "I am going to kill the whistleblower" is still a death threat. Glad I could clear that up for you.

Trump has basically issued death threats to whistleblowers.
Well, Madonna said blow up the White House. Kathy Griffin held a severed head of Trump. Those things actually happened. Unlike your "basically" useless assumption.

I heard this more than once, on CNN and I think in an interview by someone. I just want to know, how is this possible when he is not even known? :aug08_031:

Stupid question from a moronic poster.......

Did you ever see a sign that says "No Trespassing ...Violators will be Shot"???

You CAN threaten someone without knowing who that someone is.......

Saying, for example, "I am going to kill the whistleblower" is still a death threat. Glad I could clear that up for you.

Of course, but we were told the person could testify from a remote location due to the fear for his life (remember the Kavanaugh Hearing and the same M.O?). So, if someone had the means to do harm to someone, how would they do it? Just randomly pick some unfortunate guy in D.C and do something and hope he (or she) is the Whistleblower? Is the Whistleblower hiding in some bunker somewhere?

The assumption is that he would be in harm at his home not at work unless a co-worker lost his shyte. If nobody knows who he is, who would the threat be addressed to, and/or carried out?

Well, Madonna said blow up the White House. Kathy Griffin held a severed head of Trump. Those things actually happened. Unlike your "basically" useless assumption.

And the right wing shit a brick when that happened. You don't remember the weeks of outrage?

And the right wing shit a brick when that happened. You don't remember the weeks of outrage?

Outrage, and the consequences to these people uttering terror threats against the President were...*drum roll please*...

Of course, but we were told the person could testify from a remote location due to the fear for his life (remember the Kavanaugh Hearing and the same M.O?). So, if someone had the means to do harm to someone, how would they do it? Just randomly pick some unfortunate guy in D.C and do something and hope he (or she) is the Whistleblower? Is the Whistleblower hiding in some bunker somewhere?

The assumption is that he would be in harm at his home not at work unless a co-worker lost his shyte. If nobody knows who he is, who would the threat be addressed to, and/or carried out?
There's this thing called "character assassination". You cannot deny that an army of right wing operatives would dig deep into this persons life looking for anything to discredit them. This person and their family do not deserve to be raked over the coals for no other reason than for the right to cloud the issue and intimidate a witness.

Outrage, and the consequences to these people uttering terror threats against the President were...*drum roll please*...

I'm sorry if your memory is failing. Perhaps you should talk to your doctor about that.

There's this thing called "character assassination". You cannot deny that an army of right wing operatives would dig deep into this persons life looking for anything to discredit them. This person and their family do not deserve to be raked over the coals for no other reason than for the right to cloud the issue and intimidate a witness.

Well, without scrutiny you are in fact supporting the very issue you are concerned about, but, this is an attack on a duly elected President! He cannot defend himself, people cannot ask questions and motivations because, well, the secret accuser must remain so?

In effect, the President, his supporters and the ability of his government to do their job for the people is impaired and harmed by what is, at this point, a groundless accusation.

In politics or in a courtroom, we can't operate on the "Honor System" where any allegation is accepted as fact. He needs to come out and stand by his allegation in the open. Of course he will be scrutinized, it's politics and he could simply be a political plant or hyper partisan. Just as in the Kavanaugh Hearing, motivate will be and should be flushed out.

The threat is addressed to the as yet unknown person Trump is trying so hard to expose.

I'm sorry if your memory is failing. Perhaps you should talk to your doctor about that.

it was a rhetorical statement. A public threat of terror was conducted with no consequence. By the way, other politicians got in the act also, and I am willing to bet more people wearing a MAGA hat have been assaulted or maybe even killed than any dudes wearing a pink bonnet.

Dang, so if you happen to be watching a John Wayne or Clint Eastwood movie, do you hide under the bed?

The outrage was because they didn't go to jail for their threats.

Well, without scrutiny you are in fact supporting the very issue you are concerned about, but, this is an attack on a duly elected President! He cannot defend himself, people cannot ask questions and motivations because, well, the secret accuser must remain so?

In effect, the President, his supporters and the ability of his government to do their job for the people is impaired and harmed by what is, at this point, a groundless accusation.

In politics or in a courtroom, we can't operate on the "Honor System" where any allegation is accepted as fact. He needs to come out and stand by his allegation in the open. Of course he will be scrutinized, it's politics and he could simply be a political plant or hyper partisan. Just as in the Kavanaugh Hearing, motivate will be and should be flushed out.

Trump will have every opportunity to answer any impeachment charges when it gets to trial in the Senate. Crooks don't get to have their lawyers involved while cops investigate a crime. They have to wait until it gets to court.

it was a rhetorical statement. A public threat of terror was conducted with no consequence. By the way, other politicians got in the act also, and I am willing to bet more people wearing a MAGA hat have been assaulted or maybe even killed than any dudes wearing a pink bonnet.

I'm not sure what any kind of hat has to do with this subject.

Forum List

Back