Just a small question.. thank you if you want to answer!

gojiberry

Rookie
Oct 11, 2012
Hey guys, I'm from Europe and I have a very random question I would like to ask Americans.

And please don't even wonder why I want to know this, but I really do. I would like to know if Americans know that the term 'college' means high school in some European countries, like France or Holland. Like if they read about somebody went to a certain school, for example Laurenscollege, they automatically assume it's a college in the American sense of the word, like university instead of secondary school.

So that's my question. Thanks if you want to answer!

I am aware of it, but I don't think a lot of people are. When Europeans speak of higher education, they refer to it as "university".

Hey guys, I'm from Europe and I have a very random question I would like to ask Americans.

And please don't even wonder why I want to know this, but I really do. I would like to know if Americans know that the term 'college' means high school in some European countries, like France or Holland. Like if they read about somebody went to a certain school, for example Laurenscollege, they automatically assume it's a college in the American sense of the word, like university instead of secondary school.

So that's my question. Thanks if you want to answer!

yes, i am aware of that.

here college= uni.

Forum List

Back