Just a Row of Pumpkins, Don't Mind Me

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Pumpkin Row, May 26, 2016.

1. Pumpkin Row

Pumpkin Row Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,159
    Pumpkin Row row fight the power!

References aside, hello, it's nice to meet you. I'm a Conservative, and I do just a little bit of debating with my free time, I enjoy politics a lot, I watch every single debate on TV, and research all of the topics the best I can. I enjoy studying history, that's an important part of politics also. Uhhhmmm... I hope we can get along! I look forward to meeting and debating with you all!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 7
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. DarkFury

DarkFury Platinum Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35,861
    Welcome! Fellow conservative! Debates can be interesting. Our liberals are thick skull thin skinned idiots.
    Again welcome!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Pumpkin Row

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,159
    Thank you, thank you! A double welcome deserves a double thanking *giggles*! It's nice to have fellow Conservatives in this community and to be welcomed by one.

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. TemplarKormac

TemplarKormac Classical Liberal Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,399
    Hail, fellow Otaku! I bid you welcome to this house of horrors. It is agreeable to see another conservative grace these boards.

Tread warily! Trolls lie in wait for the perfect time to strike.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: May 26, 2016
  5. TemplarKormac

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,399
    Don't mind this guy. He's just mad that he doesn't have any pumpkins to share.

6. TemplarKormac

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,399
    Vulcan. I'm eager to try the Plomeek soup.

Last edited: May 26, 2016
  7. Pumpkin Row

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,159
    Thank you, nice to see another! While I'm not necessarily an "Otaku" by definition, I do enjoy anime fairly often. If you're interested, here's my My Anime List page: PumpkinRow's Anime List - MyAnimeList.net
    Well, this is the internet, everyone should always be on the lookout for trolls. Thank you for the warning all the same, I appreciate it~

I'm not sure who you're referring to, but there's no reason to be rude either way. It's nice to meat you, all the same.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  8. TemplarKormac

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,399
    Ahh I appreciate the gesture! I shall peruse this list at once. I'm currently making my way through Soul Eater, then I'm going to make my way finally to One Punch Man. Once again, enjoy yourself. If you ever grow weary of the Politics board, head down the the Coffee Shop IV thread. Fox would love to meet a fresh face. :)

9. Pumpkin Row

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,159
    Soul Eater was amazing, in my personal opinion, and I also enjoyed the spinoff, Soul Eater NOT. I do wish they were able to complete the ending, though, because I felt like it was a letdown. Don't let that discourage you, though, it's still very much worth watching. I HIGHLY recommend JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, as well. It's into its fourth arc, and I think it has been amazing so far. It's one of the few anime I've actually watched while it aired.

I'll check out the Coffee Shop thread, thank you for the suggestion!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. emilynghiem

emilynghiem Constitutionalist / Universalist Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,092
    Hi Pumpkin Row
    I find the liberal and secular advocates here are better at debating and discussing religion
    but are weaker in politics that gets into deadlocked in debates over "the contents of beliefs" where it strays from unifying Constitutional principles.
    Even the secular liberals who I find the most discerning and adept disappoint me when it comes to Constitutional arguments about respecting political beliefs instead of ramming these through govt. Thus I find the conservatives tend to dominate when it comes to Constitutional arguments. You will likely find more allies than enemies who just can't keep up. (which is why the liberals rely on party politics to bully collectively and represent what they can't justify individually without contradicting themselves and their own principles, sorry to say).

The Christians too often fall apart when it comes to religion, because the most outspoken ones
    tend to come across as judgmental hypocrites.

As for the forum, the mods here are the best, most diverse and accommodating I've found online.

If you have any problem it will probably be finding liberals who can keep up with the Constitutional arguments without giving
    up and assuming all conservatives are closeminded bigots imposing oppression;
    and finding Christians who can explain how to correct objections to Christianity and religious beliefs
    without judging, rejecting and jumping on opponents and making negative perceptions worse.

I hope I may encourage you and other members here not to give up, but keep trying to
    embrace and include people who may even be diametrical opposites, in order to
    help each other overcome barriers to understanding the conflicts that divide us otherwise.

If we can explore and reach a fuller understanding here, point by point, one issue at a atime,
    we can better share the ideas and solutions we find, in order to help improve govt, media and
    political relations, and speed up reforms needed in our public institutions and policies.

Thank you for joining us, and I look forward to your
    input and contributions here. Enjoy! Yours truly, Emily
    (I'm a Constitutionalist Democrat, prochoice Green progressive
    who supports prolife equally as a protected belief, and was planning
    either a hunger strike, lawsuit or public petition to protest and change the
    ACA mandates to be voluntary, or to divide health care systems by
    party, in order to be Constitutional as a free choice. I believe in seeking restitution and
    reimbursement to taxpayers for corporate profits off govt and legal abuses,
    and investing that capital and credit in govt and economic reforms instead of charging more taxes.
    So I am trying to address the same objections that conservatives have, but in ways that progressives can unite in implementing
    sustainable solutions and reforms managed directly by communities, instead of relying on and ramming these through govt.
    EX: Earned Amnesty)

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1