Just a rag

Mineva

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2014
President Erdogan calls US newspaper NYTimes as "rag". He also targets Western governments and says no newspapers should dare to put their noses into Turkiye's internal affairs. Keep to continue vomiting hatred, your efforts will be wasted. The Economist and The Guardian too. He says.

President Erdogan calls US newspaper NYTimes as "rag". He also targets Western governments and says no newspapers should dare to put their noses into Turkiye's internal affairs. Keep to continue vomiting hatred, your efforts will be wasted. The Economist and The Guardian too. He says.
And the weight of his opinion would be?

"Rag" is a common euphemism for "newspaper".

Some link to some sort of reference here would not be unhelpful.

Well, he's right about that.

The NY Times is just the propaganda wing of the democratic party. It is a rag with no credibility.

No stupid, it is a common euphemism for DISCREDITED newspaper.

The NY Times is controlled by the White House and the DNC party bosses. It has no credibility because it is not an independent source. It is a partisan rag, a vehicle of propaganda, not a source of news. It is MSNBC in print, but slightly less objective.

I really like Pres. Erdogan.

He is always direct and to the point. ...... :cool:

No stupid, it is a common euphemism for DISCREDITED newspaper.

Not necessarily. Not for those of us who, you know, emerge from the bunker and see the sun now and again. It can be neutral. But we're given no context at all, no link whatsoever to whatever the OP's talking about, therefore it's kind of interesting that you can somehow nevertheless find a way to conclude:

The NY Times is controlled by the White House and the DNC party bosses. It has no credibility because it is not an independent source. It is a partisan rag, a vehicle of propaganda, not a source of news. It is MSNBC in print, but slightly less objective.

-- when you have no context on which to base that.
I just find it interesting that you start with an opinion first, and wait for the context to build on later.
Interesting approach. I suspect it's got a lot to do with why your points always fall on their face.

Not necessarily. Not for those of us who, you know, emerge from the bunker and see the sun now and again. It can be neutral. But we're given no context at all, no link whatsoever to whatever the OP's talking about, therefore it's kind of interesting that you can somehow nevertheless find a way to conclude:

As always, you simply make shit up to support your party - with utterly no regard for facts.

{
rag1
[rag]
noun
a worthless piece of cloth, especially one that is torn or worn.
rags, ragged or tattered clothing:
The tramp was dressed in rags.
any article of apparel regarded deprecatingly or self-deprecatingly,especially a dress:
It's just an old rag I had in the closet.
a shred, scrap, or fragmentary bit of anything.
Informal.
  1. something of very low value or in very poor condition.
  2. a newspaper or magazine regarded with contempt or distaste:
    Are you still subscribing to that rag?
}

Rag Define Rag at Dictionary.com

I just find it interesting that you start with an opinion first, and wait for the context to build on later.
Interesting approach. I suspect it's got a lot to do with why your points always fall on their face.

You are a party hack, you have no foundation for anything save service to your party.

The NY Times is propaganda, nothing more.

{
The editorial page of The New York Times can no longer be taken seriously. It has become a house organ for the Democratic Party and its candidates and will print almost anything to help them out of a jam.

As almost everyone knows by now, President Barack Obama's claim that, under his plan, anyone who liked the health care they had could keep it was declared 2013's "Lie of the Year" by more than one reputable fact-checking organization. The Washington Post, which only got around to looking at it closely once the deal and the damage were done and the paper had been sold, gave it "four Pinocchios." The only people who don't seem up to speed are the ones who comprise the editorial board of The New York Times, which is still busy playing partisan games that are so obvious that, with apologies to Roger Ailes, even the folks at Fox News would recognize them as being over the top and into the tank.

On Sunday, as part of yet another editorial bashing the political activities of the Koch brothers, the Times editorialized that an ad being run by Americans for Prosperity, a group the two men helped found, "is full of distortions and lies" about the impact of Obamacare.}

The New York Times Blows Its Credibility With Latest Obamacare Editorial - US News

The Turks, like all nations, want to be taken seriously, and want to be big frogs in their little ponds. Erdogan was chest thumping is all.

And, oh, yes: Turkey did commit genocide against the Armenians in WWI.

According to your earlier thread - the Qu'ran is just a rag unless it is written in Arabic. What do you think Erdogan would say about that?

As always, you simply make shit up to support your party - with utterly no regard for facts.

{
rag1
[rag]
noun
a worthless piece of cloth, especially one that is torn or worn.
rags, ragged or tattered clothing:
The tramp was dressed in rags.
any article of apparel regarded deprecatingly or self-deprecatingly,especially a dress:
It's just an old rag I had in the closet.
a shred, scrap, or fragmentary bit of anything.
Informal.
  1. something of very low value or in very poor condition.
  2. a newspaper or magazine regarded with contempt or distaste:
    Are you still subscribing to that rag?
}

Rag Define Rag at Dictionary.com

On the same page:
3. (informal) a newspaper or other journal, esp one considered as worthless, sensational, etc
--- your own link.

You are a party hack, you have no foundation for anything save service to your party.

I don't have a "party". But if I throw one, guess who's not coming.

And here's exactly why:

The NY Times is propaganda, nothing more.

{
The editorial page of The New York Times can no longer be taken seriously. It has become a house organ for the Democratic Party and its candidates and will print almost anything to help them out of a jam.

As almost everyone knows by now, President Barack Obama's claim that, under his plan, anyone who liked the health care they had could keep it was declared 2013's "Lie of the Year" by more than one reputable fact-checking organization. The Washington Post, which only got around to looking at it closely once the deal and the damage were done and the paper had been sold, gave it "four Pinocchios." The only people who don't seem up to speed are the ones who comprise the editorial board of The New York Times, which is still busy playing partisan games that are so obvious that, with apologies to Roger Ailes, even the folks at Fox News would recognize them as being over the top and into the tank.

On Sunday, as part of yet another editorial bashing the political activities of the Koch brothers

snore.gif
snore.gif
snore.gif
snore.gif
snore.gif
snore.gif
snore.gif

As I said... interesting approach, working without context. I sure couldn't do it. You must be from the "speshul" class.

Are we giving Turkey cash for anything because I think that should stop ASAP.

Absolutely. If they can't read in Arabic they are a bunch of infidels (Mineva must be consistent or her theory falls apart).

Turkey tried to hold the US up for $50 billion so we could transport a division to the northern Iraqi border via Turkey.

We did not pay the bribe.

Besides being unable to answer the question of Meneva's blatant contradictions - you've offered nothing thus far in this discussion, Sunni man.

Forum List

Back